JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@Jim Colvill - Since I saw the beginning of this post last week I have been looking into the LGC and have since signed up on their forum. Not sure how to break into the facebook group as its private. Perhaps you and I could PM about this?

2017 -2018 Hey Liberal Gun club why aren't you fighting for rights we both share.
Us, because they are just hiding their true colors of wanting gun control or else they would be fighting to save them
So don't trust liberals.

2019 ( same forum) Hey we can't trust LGC because they are talking with the opposition and working to stopping gun control.

This regardless of what side you are on is why we are confusing to anyone we want to discuss our gun rights with.
Dems already have a majority, so why would LGC pick now to use leverage if they had ill intent.

I am not saying to trust them not saying to do so, saying really what harm can come from it, then ask what good could?
My book, really goes after the left and shows evidence of such action, and the LGC having ill intent right now would be useless.
But they could have a positive influence, and what have we lost if they didn't?

Oh well, beatin that dead horse,
I admit, it does make one wonder about motivations, doesn't it?

It makes sense for us at the LGC to approach Dem reps: They may well be more likely to listen to those of us who may have voted for them vs. a group that not only didn't vote for them, but make constant avowals not to. Sure, a meeting with Betsy may have been low-hanging fruit, but that's how progress in many arenas is made. We'll see what's next.

Reaching across the aisle is hard; you face suspicion from the other side and questions from your own... all for an uncertain outcome. This member appreciates your efforts. Gotta say, we've received some pretty miserable responses here. That's OK- we're used to getting that from so many of our anti-gun liberals, too. Point is, we aren't doing this to fit in with our liberal comrades, and we sure as hell aren't doing it to cozy up to conservatives; we're doing it because the right to bear arms is a civil liberty, and if we care about any of our rights, we need to care about all of them.

@Jim Colvill - Since I saw the beginning of this post last week I have been looking into the LGC and have since signed up on their forum. Not sure how to break into the facebook group as its private. Perhaps you and I could PM about this?
If you haven't posted in the LGC Forum yet, stop by the New Member subforum and say hi!

The Oregon LGC FB page is a closed group and open to members only, as you probably figured by the member number question when you asked to join. Joining is inexpensive! Pay your dues and give it another try. :)

My criticism is centered on the seemingly self-congratulatory air of the LGC for their bold and daring efforts to reach out to, of all people, Senator Johnson.

Lol. Senator Johnson is not the literal freaking problem—it's the rest of the Democratic caucus that is just to the right of Mao on gun control.

Those are the people who need to be stopped, or at least reality checked for overreach, by the members of their own side. Unless and until LGC picks those "fights" intramurally, the really uncomfortable ones, they aren't adding anything but noise, and certainly nothing of value.

My criticism is centered on the seemingly self-congratulatory air of the LGC for their bold and daring efforts to reach out to, of all people, Senator Johnson.
Lol. Senator Johnson is not the literal freaking problem—it's the rest of the Democratic caucus that is just to the right of Mao on gun control.
Those are the people who need to be stopped, or at least reality checked for overreach, by the members of their own side. Unless and until LGC picks those "fights" intramurally, the really uncomfortable ones, they aren't adding anything but noise, and certainly nothing of value.

Id say however the other Conservative Lobbies, have never worked to meet with Dem's .
So why she may be a one not to worry about seldom does anyone on this side ever meet with anyone on that side that is in office.
( because as most conservative lobbies think its a waste of time)
So if not us? Then who if not LGC? Some one has to meet with these guys, and only one time before did someone in a conservative lobby meet with a Dem and it resulted in the only rights preserved in 10 years and was not OFF. So if not LGC who the heck is going to do it???

So when is the LGC going to do more butch stuff than meeting with a rare pro gun rights Dem?

Visiting the lone unicorn is easy. Visiting with the vipers in their ranks is the test, isn't it?

So when is the LGC going to do more butch stuff than meeting with a rare pro gun rights Dem?

Visiting the lone unicorn is easy. Visiting with the vipers in their ranks is the test, isn't it?

If you'd like a list of names of wavering Republicans who are not certain to vote against these bills they can be provided. When are you going to get to work to shore up your end? There are vipers in your ranks too, buddy. So get off the keyboard, butch up, and stop wasting your time with the low hanging fruit of liberal bashing on a conservative website when you could be doing something useful.

One big issue with meeting folks and and discussing hot topics such as firearms and gun laws is the you will come across people , who no matter what you say , do , facts you present etc...
Will not be swayed into thinking anything other than they are right and you are wrong.
It is a waste of time dealing with such folks.

But if you can talk to someone who will listen to your point of view , and are open to new ideas , then you may have a chance...those are the people we need to reach out to.

Speaking for myself here..
I really don't care what all the Naysayers out there think...'Cause like I said some folks are a waste of time talking with...
LGC Thank you.
Andy

At the same time Antifa gets interested in guns all across the country??
This is the part that really concerns me - I don't see Antifa's being interested in guns due to any particular interest in the outdoors, hunting sport shooting etc.
With regard to the LGC and their 'support' I'll listen, read and stay informed - and cautious at the same time.
I work with a flaming liberal - who is a gun owner - but I can't say his support of guns is 2A based. He is very anti-conservative and in my estimation is leaning toward Antifa attitudes.
How can any liberal who is generally anti-conservative suddenly want to support a VERY conservative position such as the 2A?

This is the part that really concerns me - I don't see Antifa's being interested in guns due to any particular interest in the outdoors, hunting sport shooting etc.
With regard to the LGC and their 'support' I'll listen, read and stay informed - and cautious at the same time.
I work with a flaming liberal - who is a gun owner - but I can't say his support of guns is 2A based. He is very anti-conservative and in my estimation is leaning toward Antifa attitudes.
How can any liberal who is generally anti-conservative suddenly want to support a VERY conservative position such as the 2A?

I don't know that the 2A is 'very conservative'. I'm old enough to remember when many Democrats supported the 2nd and wouldn't dare to fight for gun control. Only relatively recently has that become an issue - led by the growing screams of the hard-core leftists that get all the media attention. The more moderate, traditional liberal Dems I know - family, friends, co-workers, see no problem supporting gun rights and find themselves torn between those rights and other things they care about. Probably the biggest difference is you won't find a lot of single-issue voters among them. But honestly, except for folks like those on this forum, you won't find a lot of pro-gun single issue voters among Republicans either.

Plenty of Dems I know are not happy about the current extreme leftist direction of their party. They're not ready to become Republicans, but they do want to see the extremists positions, including gun-control, to get silenced.

I would argue that the 2nd Amendment is a liberal concept, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights; it, along with our other civil liberties, was created with eye toward restricting what government could do to its citizens. That's a liberal concept.

Gun control is authoritarian. We at the LGC feel our gun-banning liberal friends are misguided, and that many of them duped by the same misinformation, ignorance, and politicians with cynical agenda that others seem to be about other subjects. We aim to correct that.

I don't know anything about antifa, other than what I hear on some news sites.

All I can say, is air on the side of caution, the fight is far from even being fought let alone over.
As you all know I did lobby work successfully, and this is not something easily identified or explained in a forum unless one has done the work.
If unprepared, one will think they are moving forward and instead they are moving back. I only bring this up time to time about the work done, is to stress the complicated nature of that beast.
I do not care what politician is speaking, they are lying at some point if one talks with them, they are lying
or using you in some way. Even if it pays off you were also part of their plan. To ignore that is foolish and careless.

Anyone posting publicly how great a politician is, has not looked at that
particular politician's agenda.
I have seen many others over the year praise Betsy, but she is a minnow among sharks, key is do not the become bait.
This is a new year, with new politicians and a Gov that's hell bent on getting laws passed.
There is power, then perceived power. The key is knowing how to master both, and then use them accordingly to fight.
Ignore that and you won't ever understand the dynamics until its over.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sailors land on an island, there is food, water and pleasant people. Upon arriving they are all invited to dinner that evening, by the native people. They arrive to find out they are the main course. Because what things look like are not always what they are.

If you'd like a list of names of wavering Republicans who are not certain to vote against these bills they can be provided. When are you going to get to work to shore up your end? There are vipers in your ranks too, buddy. So get off the keyboard, butch up, and stop wasting your time with the low hanging fruit of liberal bashing on a conservative website when you could be doing something useful.

In all fairness to Boats opinion, you are all new to this fight. And why one can respect that.
Republicans in Oregon are the only ones the last 20 years to fight here as well as every lobby that is seen in the
Secretary of State records, there is none on records from a Democrat party or Liberal affiliate.
Its allot like sitting on the bench thru the entire game, coming in the last moment to throw a pass and then claim victory was all yours. A Liberal group has a possibility of being effective in 2019 only because the majority is Dems, that are in power, and there is no other reason. Your time is now, great. But don't forget the conservatives laid that pathway to get to this point, regardless how that was done and by whom, they have set the foundation in this state for decades. The same Foundation a liberal group can now stand on. Guess we will see how this plays out.

Last Edited:
I would argue that the 2nd Amendment is a liberal concept, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights; it, along with our other civil liberties, was created with eye toward restricting what government could do to its citizens. That's a liberal concept.

Gun control is authoritarian. We at the LGC feel our gun-banning liberal friends are misguided, and that many of them duped by the same misinformation, ignorance, and politicians with cynical agenda that others seem to be about other subjects. We aim to correct that.

I don't know anything about antifa, other than what I hear on some news sites.
and here I am thinking that you LGC are misguided, and that many of you are duped by misinformation, ignorance, and your democrat politicians with CLEARLY OTHER cynical agendas...
silly misinformed me you LGC have the answers..... vote for the people taking your rights away thinking you can reason with a corrupt mob, genius plan! :rolleyes:

As long as some gun owners continue to :
Play sides with labels...
Lay all the blame on one side or the other...
Toss out blanket statements...
Allow ourselves to used by those who do not work in our best interests...
Not listen to someone , who may have a good idea , no matter what party or label they use..
Go into the discussion with your mind already made up...
Judge an individual by the actions of a group...or the reverse , Judge a whole group , by the actions of a few...
Assume that because of_____then ____ must be true.
( Fill in the blanks with whatever you want )
Not accept that another person or group can make a positive change...even if they are not considered to be a "traditional champion" of gun rights...

Then...
All gun owners will continue to lose.

Please note that no where here did I say to :
Compromise...
Not fight for the 2nd Amendment...
Give up and allow others to take away a Right that serves as the bedrock and foundation for the others to stand on...
Not state your thoughts...Though I do say , to do so respectfully , without blanket statements and name calling...
Not to be cautious...
Not to vote pro gun...
Andy

and here I am thinking that you LGC are misguided, and that many of you are duped by misinformation, ignorance, and your democrat politicians with CLEARLY OTHER cynical agendas...
silly misinformed me you LGC have the answers..... vote for the people taking your rights away thinking you can reason with a corrupt mob, genius plan! :rolleyes:
[QUOTE="Andy,]
Not listen to someone , who may have a good idea , no matter what party or label they use..
Judge an individual by the actions of a group...or the reverse , Judge a whole group , by the actions of a few...
Not accept that another person or group can make a positive change...even if they are not considered to be a "traditional champion" of gun rights...

Then...

Compromise...
Give up and allow others to take away a Right that serves as the bedrock and foundation for the others to stand on...
Not state your thoughts...Though I do say , to do so respectfully , without blanket statements and name calling...
Not to be cautious...
Not to vote pro gun...
Andy
[/QUOTE] Sorry quotes wouldnt work

I agree, not allot make sense. I base allot of my opinions on actions from anyone no matter what side.
Last year maybe a tad longer, I joined over there to talk about unity ( ya silly me). Got punched out b both sides.
I then was insulted and chastised for being conservative by them on their site, because I was a conservative nothing else, and my only fault was trying to open talks.

Now the LGC operators posts here in this thread and says there is bias here against Liberals?
Well there is Conservative hatred at the LGC too.
Earlier in this thread, I noted I donated to them to help the membership no strings. Then joined their FB page to stay informed.
Then got a PM from them on here( NWFA not thru their own channels) stating not to post their facebook stuff here. Which I had not. They didn't ask if I had was the problem. The said don't do it on here, straight up judging my intentions.
Once again singled out by the same group who claims tolerance and unity in this thread.

I hope they succeed in Salem, but wont be part of the drama and paranoia gees.
As i said in the beginning use caution, things are often not as they seem.
I don't want to feed this drama, simply posting this so people do not think I am paranoid .. Going to off notifications. so this wont keep going. Said my peace..

[QUOTE="Andy,]

Then...

Compromise...
Not to be cautious...
Not to vote pro gun...
Andy
Sorry quotes wouldnt work

I agree, not allot make sense. I base allot of my opinions on actions from anyone no matter what side.
Last year maybe a tad longer, I joined over there to talk about unity ( ya silly me). Got punched out b both sides.
I then was insulted and chastised for being conservative by them on their site, because I was a conservative nothing else, and my only fault was trying to open talks.

Now the LGC operators posts here in this thread and says there is bias here against Liberals?
Earlier in this thread, I noted I donated to them to help the membership no strings. Then joined their FB page to stay informed.
Then got a PM from them on here( NWFA not thru their own channels) stating not to post their facebook stuff here. Which I had not. They didn't ask if I had was the problem. The said don't do it on here, straight up judging my intentions.
Once again singled out by the same group who claims tolerance and unity in this thread.

I don't want to feed this drama, simply posting this so people do not think I am paranoid .. Going to off notifications. so this wont keep going. Said my peace..[/QUOTE]

We'd been talking about you and based on your past behavior it was predicted by one of us (not me) that you'd be on NWFA in 10 minutes talking about how you'd been mistreated. Bet won.

I'll be going off notifications for this thread too. Geez.

Sorry quotes wouldnt work

I don't want to feed this drama, simply posting this so people do not think I am paranoid .. Going to off notifications. so this wont keep going. Said my peace..

We'd been talking about you and based on your past behavior it was predicted by one of us (not me) that you'd be on NWFA in 10 minutes talking about how you'd been mistreated. Bet won.

I'll be going off notifications for this thread too. Geez.[/QUOTE]

And the Drama continues. LOL wow.... this is why I got outta politics.
What I learned in politics, trust no one by what they say, judge them by their action.
Lived along live, looking at people by what they do, not what they say.
I turned off notifications damn it...

Definition of NAIVE : adjective; showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgement. "the rather naive young man had been totally mislead" * a natural and unaffected; innocent. "Andy had a sweet, naive look when he smiled" (honest, it said that). synonyms: innocent, unsophisticated, artless, ingenuous, inexperienced, guileless, unworldly, childlike, trusting, trustful, dewy-eyed, starry-eyed,...The trouble with electing D's to office is they operate on lock-step group think. They always vote as one, as a block, party line. If they don't, they go nowhere in party hierarchy. The trouble with electing R's is that they think and vote as individuals, they don't stick together. If you don't see that, see above definition.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR