JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was hanging out at my favorite gun store, when a poster child for the progressive movement came in and tried to buy a pistol. It was already funny how he came in and talked like he was trying to buy a brick of cocaine from a nun. It was even more hilarious when he failed the background check. Mind you, he was still mumbling stuff like, " I wouldn't even be here if the country wasn't spiralling out of control!" and other nonsense. All the regulars and the people who work there stayed respectfully quiet as he stormed off, threatening legal action. About a second after that door closed, we all just looked at each other and smiled like we all smelled fresh cookies.

I was hanging out at my favorite gun store, when a poster child for the progressive movement came in and tried to buy a pistol. It was already funny how he came in and talked like he was trying to buy a brick of cocaine from a nun. It was even more hilarious when he failed the background check. Mind you, he was still mumbling stuff like, " I wouldn't even be here if the country wasn't spiralling out of control!" and other nonsense. All the regulars and the people who work there stayed respectfully quiet as he stormed off, threatening legal action. About a second after that door closed, we all just looked at each other and smiled like we all smelled fresh cookies.

Maybe he can defend himself in the future with smugness :)

Happy to see people supporting all of our gun stores, they've had it rough since 1639 passed in WA. But you real shooters better not panic buy up all of the damn primers and powder. We have been down this road many times old friends. Rest assured, the sun will rise again tomorrow.

All the people panic buying guns is a good reason to invest in body armor.
Got mine last summer. Level 3A... Thinking now that mebbe I shoulda got some "rifle-proof" stuff...

Last Edited:
I saw a article about how people are just finding out that you just can't buy a gun online
Like the anti gun people have been telling them.
Lol oh yeah and there is no gun show loop hole.

Yeah, but guns are easier to buy than checking out a library book. Zer0bama said so!

How many of these would-be buyers are tied up in red tape due to their own votes for anti-gun initiatives? ...

Also worth a mention mention, I bet a lot of people just found out that you can't actually purchase a firearm over the internet.

EDIT: at least not in the way the imagine.

Last Edited:
I have a work friend who I've taken shooting before, he's not anti-gun, but he also hasn't chosen to buy one in the past despite my recommendation, he made a remark recently that if things got bad, he would just come to see me.... yeah, no. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Let him know that the initiative he likely voted for makes it a crime to lend him anything at all.

10 day wait period over in California for handguns? I was reading over on Fox and picked up that line. A lot can happen in 10 days. What is going to happen when the police are not there? There was a reference on the Fox message board that police are not responding to 911 calls because of the virus? Just taking down a police report. Interesting. Anyone have more info on these items?
I was born and raised in Los Angeles and didn't move up here until after high school. Let me tell you exactly what happens in Los Angeles when the cops stop showing up... well for you young guys, way back in 1992 there was this guy that had a run in with some cops and some of the locals disagreed with how he was treated, and how the cops then got let off.

Six days of rioting and chaos.
First started with mass looting. Then setting buildings on fire.
63 dead
2300 injured
12,000 arrests

National guard finally came in and shut it down. Soldiers with M16's and tanks and bubblegum rolling around in my neighborhood.

That was just SIX DAYS and in one city and isolated to a relatively small area. If it ever does pop off on a larger scale in even half of the big cities in the country, bubblegum would get real wild real fast.

There may be a bunch of NEWBIES coming into the shooting world too.

Newbies could be young people old enough to BUY guns now, older people who always considered it but may have used their spouse's gun as a 'house gun', people who are more concerned about the ELECTION and the choice of candidates out there with more gun laws/bans/restrictions and it might have something to due with the NEW illness too.

Do NOT forget INFLATION!

My husband preplanned for his RETIREMENT in gun stuff and he and I can see the PRICE INCREASES in ALL THINGS not just gun related.

That is why we always tried to buy on sale, replenish our pantry/freezer, keep up our paper goods on a regular basis, etc. That way IT whatever IT WAS that we needed was already there and we could replace one X item the next time that we went to the store instead of acting like a MANIAC because we never planned ahead.

MOST country and city people who have common sense and use their brains whether they have a LONG drive to their stores or not have some extra supplies ON HAND whether it is to FEED THEIR GUNS or feed their belly or have something on hand to MAKE their coffee and tea in the morning.

People can plan their budgets even if you do not have that MUCH or make that much money so that they will never RUN OUT of something to shoot with or to make their morning coffee too.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I was born and raised in Los Angeles and didn't move up here until after high school. Let me tell you exactly what happens in Los Angeles when the cops stop showing up... well for you young guys, way back in 1992 there was this guy that had a run in with some cops and some of the locals disagreed with how he was treated, and how the cops then got let off.

Six days of rioting and chaos.
First started with mass looting. Then setting buildings on fire.
63 dead
2300 injured
12,000 arrests

National guard finally came in and shut it down. Soldiers with M16's and tanks and bubblegum rolling around in my neighborhood.

That was just SIX DAYS and in one city and isolated to a relatively small area. If it ever does pop off on a larger scale in even half of the big cities in the country, bubblegum would get real wild real fast.
Don't forget get the part about that guy that started it all sewed the city of L.A.
And was awarded millions of dollars.
Witch he wasted on rap videos and drugs.
Witch is what he was stopped for in the first place.
The he had a overdose and died from drowning in his pool.
PORE RODNEY.

Don't forget get the part about that guy that started it all sewed the city of L.A.
And was awarded millions of dollars.
Witch he wasted on rap videos and drugs.
Witch is what he was stopped for in the first place.
The he had a overdose and died from drowning in his pool.
PORE RODNEY.
Hey, gotta hand it to him, doesn't get much more "LA" than that.

I'm wondering if these people in Washington realize you need a CPL in order to purchase a handgun which involves around a three week wait. Then there's a waiting period to purchase. Then there's the registry, life long HIPPA waivers and atleast yearly life long background checks and beyond.

Just the fact you need a CPL tells me not all buying handguns are newbies. Am I missing something here?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top