JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Backing up the question, but are there large number of people like us out there buying up guns in numbers? Or, are those panic types the first time buyers?

No, we panic buy when it looks like an anti-gun politician is getting elected or new gun legislation looking like it will pass. This is just dumb liberals realizing "oh hey maybe I can't rely on the government to come save me in every situation and maybe I should have some way to defend my stupid behind."
I'm more just annoyed that the price of bubblegumty range ammo is going up than anything because with all this time off and "social distance" I sure wouldn't mind shooting every day.

Imagine that. long wait times, long lines, and long waiting once these people get inside a gun dealers.
Seems all those that claimed "how easy" it is to get a gun, aren't finding many "loopholes" in the system, now, are they?

Imagine that. long wait times, long lines, and long waiting once these people get inside a gun dealers.
Seems all those that claimed "how easy" it is to get a gun, aren't finding many "loopholes" in the system, now, are they?

The people I know that are the most anti-gun are the exact same people that at the hint of social unrest would want them the absolute most.

I just found out about this insanity this afternoon.

Sold a couple of firearms the last week or two, generating $$ to purchase a different one. Friday I was going to start calling around to try to find it, but got a cold which had me in bed all weekend. So, I decided to wait until today.

Started calling early to mid-afternoon. Just another day, no big deal. Tried to reach: Keith's, Northwest Armory, Sportsman's warehouse, etc. - no one was answering the phone. Kept trying, kept getting nothing. Scratching my head wondering WTF.

Sucked it up and called Fisherman's Marine to see if they had what I was looking for in stock. Guy said they didn't. So, for the heck of it I asked him about a specific Glock I was interested in. He said they were all out of Glock's except the 22LR (the G44). This time I shook my head, dumbfounded.

I said, "you don't have ANY Glocks in stock other than the 22LR?"

"Nope," he said. "Everyone's going crazy, buying up guns and ammo to protect their hordes of toilet paper."

He told me that there were over 500 people in the state police background check computer queue and it had been like that almost all day.

That's when I became aware of the insanity.

As with everything, there are pro's and cons, I suppose.

Cons:
  • Gonna be a lot scared, inexperienced, first time gun owners out there. Good reason to stay home.
  • I'm thinking that ammo prices are gonna go up, especially for 9mm - which has been mercifully cheap over the past 5 or 6 years.
Pros:
  • About 12 months from now, when the virus outbreak has crested and starts to recede, there will be a lot of used, LNIB, unfired handguns (probably a lot of long guns too) dumped into the market - great for buyers (not so much for dealers). There will be so many for sale that prices should be driven down. Also, my experience is that when non-gun people sell a firearm, they aren't as concerned about getting top dollar - they just want it gone. So, I'm thinking about saving up over the next year to see if my prediction comes true. If not, no sweat. If so, might find some good deals.
Remember to smile and nod ... smile and nod.

Mine aren't for sale until I hear that sweet $3500 for a $500 AR, bell ring. Yes, I will! It has a sniper red dot, 30 mag clip and high capacity bullets.

It's rather amazing by 2020 that people aren't already armed to the teeth and quite comfortable with what they own.

I wonder if these buyers are "I don't believe in owning guns" type that have suddenly changed their mind.
I can only hope. They'll be selling whatever they bought basically new in box in about 4-6 months (I think). I'll be looking for a pcc though if I had to guess, would think most panic buyers are grabbing shotguns and handguns. Hmmmm...

10 day wait period over in California for handguns? I was reading over on Fox and picked up that line. A lot can happen in 10 days. What is going to happen when the police are not there? There was a reference on the Fox message board that police are not responding to 911 calls because of the virus? Just taking down a police report. Interesting. Anyone have more info on these items?

I hope those that voted against freedom finally become cognizant of what their votes have actually done.
I wouldn't ever hope for that level of self-awareness from a D voter.

OTOH, I was also going to say some more stuff, but it basically amounted to this:
And this:
Can't all "those people" find the "gun show loop hole" they heard soo much about.
That's right, they told you you could order guns online and have them delivered to your door. That you could get a machine-gun. No background checks. It's all loopholes. The NRA. Trump TWEETS! Muh RUSSIA!!!

Easier to buy and assault weapon than Sudafed? Now you can't get either one... congratulations, stoopid. Hope you enjoyed getting gaslighted for four years... and being dopey enough to FALL for it.

Last Edited:
We live in the the land of the free, I hope those that voted against freedom finally become cognizant of what their votes have actually done.

Wake up America. Damn fools...

I have a work friend who I've taken shooting before, he's not anti-gun, but he also hasn't chosen to buy one in the past despite my recommendation, he made a remark recently that if things got bad, he would just come to see me.... yeah, no. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

I had a gf 6 months ago that went ballistic on people owning ar's. She also scoffed at preparation minded folks. People did not need guns, and never a threat from government because we "have the internet". She left me. Now unemployed for nearly 4 years, and likely on her own.
Imagine facing this flu crisis on your total own withouts friend or family and no job. Think about shooting one's self in the foot. Just like the bone heads from California or libby Portland that advocate for gun control! Geez! History never repeats itself?! So the big question maybe what is at the other end of the tunnel?
Bimart is busy selling firearms to newbies; I frequently see mature women buying at the pistol counter buying a handgun. Good idea. I wonder where the sissy Pdx libtards are buying their firearms? Boy, I bet those gun dealers could tell some funny stories now about some of their new customers.

Easier to buy and assault weapon than Sudafed?
I believe Obama said it was easier to buy an assault weapon than to get a book from the library. But he was always more of a slogan over substance kind of guy. Or as his pony pal Biden might say, truth over facts. Whatever that means.

I hope every single one of these new buyers grows into a staunch 2A supporter. Now is a golden opportunity for so many of the anti-gun crowd to be swayed the other way. They have seen the light. They know the government can't protect them and that they are responsible for their own safety. I hope they take a class or two or at least ask some questions and hit the range with a gun owning friend. We should not mock them; we should welcome them and extend our support at every turn. I'd pay twice as much for ammo if there were twice as many gun owners and losing our rights was never a possibility again.

I have a work friend who I've taken shooting before, he's not anti-gun, but he also hasn't chosen to buy one in the past despite my recommendation, he made a remark recently that if things got bad, he would just come to see me.... yeah, no. Some people just have to learn the hard way.
Had a similar situation a while back with a friend at a BBQ. The topic of prepping came up. He said, "I'm not worried, if things get bad I'm just coming over to your house". I politely told him that he should be prepared to be disappointed. Some people can't see past their weeks worth of groceries. I'm not responsible for them if they don't listen to me.

I honestly hope that there won't be a sell-off when this is all over. Even if they aren't traditional pro-2A types and only bought in panic-mode, perhaps this is their wake up call and they'll realize just how thin the veil of civilization actually is. Maybe they'll be that one vote we need to hold the line against the next attempt at CHL preemption or high cap mag ban. Maybe let's try and encourage these new gun owners and show them how much fun shooting can be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top