JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need to get a carbon fiber one piece rod for the rifles. What I'm using now is an ancient three piece aluminum rod. :( If cleaning the filth out of the ARs wasn't enough, trying to push a three-piece, soft aluminum rod, through the barrel with jag/patch or brush is a biotch! And if your cleaning from the breech you need a longer rod than you would cleaning from the muzzle. I wish one of the good ones came with a 33", for the old .22LR rifles.

I need to get a carbon fiber one piece rod for the rifles. What I'm using now is an ancient three piece aluminum rod. :( If cleaning the filth out of the ARs wasn't enough, trying to push a three-piece, soft aluminum rod, through the barrel with jag/patch or brush is a biotch! And if your cleaning from the breech you need a longer rod than you would cleaning from the muzzle. I wish one of the good ones came with a 33", for the old .22LR rifles.

I have a Dewey rod that I use to clean my M14 and for my AR I have a Tipton rod. I also have an Otis cleaning kit that I take take in my range bag. The Otis kit takes a special round pads one for 22 cal and other large pads that I large enough for pistols and shotguns. For my cleaning rods I cut square cotton shotgun pads into smaller pieces and run them though my rifles. I have an AR multi section cleaning rod that I will use in an emergency.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top