JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im starting to run out of room, I think I will find a bigger box.

Been using these MTM jag and brush cases for each caliber. They are nice but a bit large and take up a lot of room in the box. The problem with actual kits is the come with jags for calibers I dont need.
How does everyone organize their cleaning jags and brushes?

1682289670131.png

Im starting to run out of room, I think I will find a bigger box.

Been using these MTM jag and brush cases for each caliber. They are nice but a bit large and take up a lot of room in the box. The problem with actual kits is the come with jags for calibers I dont need.
How does everyone organize their cleaning jags and brushes?

View attachment 1410565
Organize??? šŸ™ƒ

When I get something new, I try to put it back in original blister pack. Eventually the pieces all work their way out to the bottom of the plastic tub and I have to just eyeball to find something that will work. It looks like you have a lot more than I do though.

When I get something new, I try to put it back in original blister pack
I still have a few brushes like that otherwise Id forget what caliber they are for. I wish there was a better way but they just float around the cardboard box. Seems like there should be a better way.

I use a tackle box, works great! biggest issue I have had is sometimes bottles of solvent or lube will leak when laid down.

IMG_3565.JPG

Last Edited:
Damn, we are supposed to organize cleaning stuff?

I've got one of those hon filing cabinets in the garage. One of the drawers is dedicated to cleaning supplies.

Im down to 22lr, 223/556, 9mm and 12g so I'm a little less caliber rich these days.

I should incest in more snakes, those don't last very longā€¦

I actually tried a tackle box and things floated around in there too much, couldnt tell what caliber each brush/jag was for when they got mixed up.

The tackle box has been good for small tools and small spare parts though.

Mines living out of a cardboard box, that is a huge step for me... :p
I think I'm still using an empty plastic box from a batch of 500 Berry's 55 grain 223 fmjs with the lid ripped off to store all my brushes and jags.

I think I'm still using an empty plastic box from a batch of 500 Berry's 55 grain 223 fmjs with the lid ripped off to store all my brushes and jags.
Actually upgrading to a plastic storage bin is a good idea over the cardboard box...

Im just curious of there is a jag/brush case or way to keep them organized in one thing. Or I just wish those MTM jag/brush cases were half their size.

Actually upgrading to a plastic storage bin is a good idea over the cardboard box...

Im just curious of there is a jag/brush case or way to keep them organized in one thing. Or I just wish those MTM jag/brush cases were half their size.
Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen anything at any sporting goods store that is for this.

Another reason to look at 3d printers!

Just googled "gun cleaning storage ideas" and this guy popped up. It's on amazon for $120
Allen Company Gun Cleaning Kit Universal - 66-Piece Set - Firearm Cleaning Kit for Handgun, Rifle and Shotgun - USA Based Since 1971-3 Sliding Trays https://a.co/d/7p7DIXe

1682292140208.jpeg

i have one similar but 2 sided i use for all different automotive fuses and bulbs. each divider can be removed to various lengths of components. i may pick one up to organize my cleaning stuff now that you mention it.

You should probably make peace with the idea that cleaning supplies are going to continue to accumulate, and that organization of them is a never ending project. I've been shooting and cleaning for over 60 years. My cleaning supplies and tools currently take up a cheap 9 drawer Craftsman top/bottom box combo.

The bottom 2 drawers are the most used...

20230423_165451.jpg 20230423_165618.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads