JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my current favorite bore cleaner for my match rifles. The problem is that it raises serious hell with my asthma! I can use CLP and get the carbon out but not the copper. I haven't found a low VOC cleaner to get the copper out. So I carry on with the #9 Foam and use a full on respirator.

Any suggestions appreciated

View attachment 1459517
I also love hoppes fbc, just make sure to only use it on barrels-- saw some warning letters going around about the product causing damage to internal parts (wild guess is that some LEOs were soaking polymer parts and/or springs in it). Usually soak other parts in Hoppes gun medic cleaner+lube and it'd work pretty well, even though the can says not for a deep clean.

Shooting suppressed has made cleaning a bigger headache/cost and i've started trying non-chlorinated cleaners on non polymer parts with good luck, but havent gotten into 1k+ rounds with these cleaners so uncertain if theres potential for long term harm...

Brakleen non-chlorinated and Lucas Oil Multi-parts Cleaner and Degreaser (also non-chlorinated). I know these are low VOC cleaners, and found they need a good soak for a few mins before scrubbing to work well.

Lucas oil also makes gun specific products but you can find the multi-parts cleaner at walmart for under $10 bucks in a large can. Hoppes #9 or slip 2000 to lube most parts that'll mix with light aeroshell down the buffer spring after some cycling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top