JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use qtips and a dental pic but if it came down to only having one thing to clean small spots I could get by with a simply double ended nylon cleaning brush.

1687972365067.png

I go through quite a few Q-Tips here. I rarely have to buy them, usually I get cast-offs from Mrs. Merkt that she's decided she doesn't like for one reason or another. Also, I've got some of those long-stem surgical swabs. Basically Q-Tips on a long stick. I found a bunch of these at the Goodwill Outlet store. I use both of these types a lot on AR's and pistols.
Yeh, Q-Tips, I use the cheap ones from walleyworld.
The centers are stiff/wound/rapped paper, not plastic tubes like the J&J Q-tips.

I cut off the cotton tips after use with a utility knife, at an angle to get a chisel point that will get into the smallest of crevasses.
I also use those chiseled points to apply small amounts of pinpoint lube, either oil or grease.
jmo,
oh yeh, get you some of these:
For cleaning, customize the tip to what you need, cut it off when it gets worn, and reshape the end.

I use one of these as a primer follower/weight in primer tubes too.
Cut to length, one of these skewers in a primer tube is a visual gage of the number of primers still in the tube.

Skewers.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews