JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One time I made a nice ham sandwich. And it was OK.
However I foolishly used mayo.........When I new in my heart, it would be better with Miracle whip.

I really regret that choice.:(
Could_b52785_281667.jpg

Back to guns..... I truly regret selling the .22 K-Hornet I had built-up on a small Martini Receiver.:(

It was a tack driver, with a target barrel and a 6x scope. I cut down an Enfield butt stock for the
rear and I hand made a forearm.:D

Varmints quaked at the sound of my name...:eek: :)

Oh and until recently I had regretted my young stupidity of when I was around 22 and my Mom asked if I wanted my dirt bike still. I was "too cool" to have an 100cc enduro.....BULL CRAP! But....

As seen in my picture I found an old man with the same bike I had as a kid...Yamaha dt100.
Make fun of me all you want but I ordered new covers and fenders and made it look pretty after remembering how easy a old 2 stroke is to work on I had a blast this weekend taking that around my cabin and blasting up trails with my fishing poles strapped to my back. Nothing is better than getting to relive your child hood a bit!

So that regret is now a distant memory but I was PISSED that I let that be sold for a very long time. Now I am a 6'2" man riding around on a little enduro and picking up fruit snacks for the kids! And I love it!

Little thing can still pull the front wheel off the ground even though I am twice the size I was. Far from a let down now!

I am a 6'2" man riding around on a little enduro and picking up "fruit snacks for the kids!"

Sure........for the Kids.............Right..........for the kids..........Uh Huh........for the kids............

Personally, I think it's the 6'2" manly man who eats these......

for the kids..............yeah
o_O............:s0125:.............:s0141:..............:s0092:

I had a DT80, Couldn't wait to get a REAL 2 stroke bike. First a RM80 (about an 78') and then a 82 KX80. Went from the kX to a XR500 Honda which for a 150 pound 8th grader was a bugger to kick start

Sure........for the Kids.............Right..........for the kids..........Uh Huh........for the kids............

Personally, I think it's the 6'2" manly man who eats these......

for the kids..............yeah
o_O............:s0125:.............:s0141:..............:s0092:

Haha :oops: You got me. I get in trouble with the wife for eating them..."They are for the kids lunches"!!

They are freaking good! I am not going to pretend you do not have a valid point THIS TIME!

I had a DT80, Couldn't wait to get a REAL 2 stroke bike. First a RM80 (about an 78') and then a 82 KX80. Went from the kX to a XR500 Honda which for a 150 pound 8th grader was a bugger to kick start

I knew someone would mention a "real" bike. However for the little trails and tooling around the back roads I love it. I had a Yamaha Seca 2 600cc road bike and after a drunk blew a side street stop sign and I landed in the bed of his truck breaking a lot of teeth and my jaw on the edge of the bed...it took a while for the wife to allow any other bike. She accepts me having the little one I had as a kid because there is no way for me to do any crazy driving with it...as far as she knows.
I was hesitant for a while after that as well but I am enjoying the hell out of my fake bike! It hits 50 which is more than enough on the 35mph roads around me. Looks beautiful to me as well since I absolutely loved the one I had as a kid.

I knew someone would mention a "real" bike. However for the little trails and tooling around the back roads I love it. I had a Yamaha Seca 2 600cc road bike and after a drunk blew a side street stop sign and I landed in the bed of his truck breaking a lot of teeth and my jaw on the edge of the bed...it took a while for the wife to allow any other bike. She accepts me having the little one I had as a kid because there is no way for me to do any crazy driving with it...as far as she knows.
I was hesitant for a while after that as well but I am enjoying the hell out of my fake bike! It hits 50 which is more than enough on the 35mph roads around me. Looks beautiful to me as well since I absolutely loved the one I had as a kid.
j

Don't get me wrong, That's what I thought then, not now. I currently have a 74 Suzuki RV125 that is a blast to dink around on. If I came across a sweet DT100 for the right money I'd buy it in a heart beat.

j

Don't get me wrong, That's what I thought then, not now. I currently have a 74 Suzuki RV125 that is a blast to dink around on. If I came across a sweet DT100 for the right money I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I feel like I got really lucky. I met this old man at his garage sale to look at a little go kart for the kids. I saw the bike in his garage and asked him about it. He said he was just having trouble letting it go but could not ride it anymore and that it had been sitting so long he had no idea if it would start or not. I had to fill the gas tank with all the small chains, nuts, bolts I could find and shake them around in there to clean out the rust and replaced the petcock and it fired up like a dream. A bit of rust elsewhere but it was in awesome shape to start with and cleaned up beautifully.
Sounds like you have a fun bike to play with now and I swear these little things are one of the best little bikes ever built! There is nothing easier to work on and keep running well than these old 2 strokes.

And yes I do know there are much better ways to clean out rust...I just wanted to get her going though. To excited to take the time to reline the tank and all yet. Sometime..when it is raining I will do a proper job.

Had a battery ignition, NSU, 500cc single, sidecar machine in Germany.
The Bugger would jump time and kick the heel off of your boot.:eek:
Hurt sooo bad you wanted to cry.:(

My current hack is pretty painless. 650 twin with electric start, rode her to work this morning with my sidecar sidekick Sadie image.jpg

:confused:
Biggest regret? Or mistake or something I should take blame for... Errr damn the list is long and boring. I did make a mistake asking a woman out recently that I should have talked to more, fortunately she had good sense and didn't take me up on it. I jumped too soon and asked but then she tells me the 56 years of baggage in her life and how she won't date a boozer or wife beater. Plus she was perfectly happy working a night shift for the rest of her life and really didn't want to get off the couch when not working.

No way I want to relive her past so really happy she didn't want to date me. That was my biggest regret lately, note to self remain single.

You sure know how to pick a winner:confused:

My favorite was a 106 recoiless rifle.
When she went off, everything vibrated, even the air.
She was more fun than a 1927 on full auto.
Our first (and last) date was in 1975 above Camp Horno.
She just sat there, not a movement, till we fed her and caressed her fire control mechanism.
But before that, we got to make sure she was pointing true.
A bolt action .50 BMG spotting rifle mounted on her tube.
One tracer round down range, hit a junk truck, immediately followed by the 106.
Then, orders to Comm Co. Oh well...
Still makes me shivver thinking about that gun.:D
View attachment 236448
I loved that gun and real surprising how it jumped when you let go the 50 cal.

Not to mention the fun of shooting off the unburnt pellets that took off like bottle rockets. Thanks for reminding me. :s0151:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top