JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of things I would have done differently--(ain't hindsight wonderful!)--but if I start playing the
regret game it just gets me bummed. I do regret selling my 57 Corvette!

Always loved this part of the Cowboys.

Jebediah Nightlinger: [praying to God before he's about to hanged by Asa Watts and his gang] I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger
[eyes shifting to Asa Watts]
Jebediah Nightlinger: ... and those I am about to.

"Well they are deleting the threads again that are not gun related so..."

I'm still trying to figure out why something called "OFF Topic" on a gun forum needs to be about guns :confused:...wouldn't that be actually "ON topic"? Also, why would something that's "political" be deleted rather than simply moved to "Legal and Political"?

I agree, and I'm appealing to Joe, at mine and others bequest, to offer the option to discuss topics other than guns, in the off topic forum.

A new and improved Off Topic thread could and should be monitored for "inappropriate content", and expanded rules could be put in to place, prohibiting inappropriate posts........or maybe they are already in place...it's been a loooooooong time since I've read the rules pg......
A TEST RUN time period could be established.

This thread was started with the "guns only" rule in mind, and although I am not a trouble maker, looking for trouble, seeking out vengeance, nor attempting to circumvent Joe, I am requesting this change on behalf of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

I hope this hasn't been one of my biggest regrets.......:(:(:(:(:(:(

Well, since its for truth, justice and the American way....

I have a number of regrets, The biggest one is not being a better father.

Not that I think I was an awful father, But I had my boys too young. First one born when I was 19 third one born when I was 24. I did not really start to want to be a parent until most of the parenting was done.

Now I am in my mid 40's and realized what I missed out on. When they where young I was too busy doing other things to be dad. I dont think there is anything else in my life that I really dwell on, I have got over women and financial woes, I have made my fair share of big mistakes but as far as how I feel today even the really big ones dont effect my life. But missing out on my kids childhood's I regret, Seems like something reminds me daily about how bad I screwed that up and I beat myself up about it constantly. When I come home and sit in front of the computer the first thing that pops up is a 18 year old picture of my two youngest boys. It makes me smile and sad all at once.

My oldest boy died about 4 years ago, the younger two have lived 700 miles away from me since they where 3 and 5. The youngest two are now 21 and 23 and dont need a parent as much as I would like to be one but at least they talk to me and I get to be a small part of their lives.

If I could have a do over knowing what I know now I would give up everything else to simply be a good dad.

Wow.... Worked as an engineering "tech" and beat up on snooty nosed brats out of college to teach them engineering in real life, I was their checker! The last 12 years before retirement I made north of 6 figures. Boeing owned my a$$ because I couldn't change companies and make similar money. My biggest regret was being to fricken lazy to finish my college education.
2nd, I never should have sold ANY of my guns... Dog gonnit, I sold some nice weapons I wish I still had.
Other than that retirement life is wonderful:cool:

I retired at 55 and 2 days old. Gotta be able to enjoy life and spend my savings because I don't wanna regret not living! I don't mind leaving the house to the kid but bad things happen to good people so retire young and enjoy life!:s0126::s0126::s0126::s0126:
:s0128:
:s0128:

Well, I have been self employed most of my adult life, I have never paid into Social Security so I got nothing coming there. 10 years ago I had a few hundred grand put away and felt prepared to weather any storm, then 2008 happened right in the middle of me trying to buy some commercial property. I lost a hundred grand and spent all my savings in a few short years of trying to keep things afloat. Today my gross is about half of what it was in 2008, my overhead is higher and instead of having cash in the bank I owe close to half a million dollars if you include my mortgage.

If I would have sold out in 2007 I could own a little house in the country outright and have been semi retired at 40. Instead It doesn't look like I will ever be able to retire. My current retirement plan is to have a massive heart attack and drop dead while working 14 hour days in my 70's

Here is a gun-related regret to keep the thread alive. (I have many, many others.) In 1954, when teenagers still had 2A rights, I had the opportunity to buy a Weatherby left-hand in .300 Weatherby. Beautiful furnishings that appeared to be rosewood. (Never confirmed that with Weatherby.) My parents frowned on it and wouldn't loan me the $400., but I was 14 with a well-paying paper route, and could have worked a deal to buy it on layaway over about six months with 20% down. But, being a teenager, I sort of let things pass, and the rifle disappeared. Sequel: Somewhat later, I mentioned this to my "hunting uncle", whose reaction was: "Do you have any idea how much kick that has? It's about twice the 30-06." Probably was for the best, but I still regret it.

Getting married.

Doing what forced me to get married.

Marrying the person I married.

Breaking up my marriage (long story, I don't regret the marriage falling apart, but I do regret the effect it had on my daughter - if I had it to do over again I would have suffered through it to save her from the after effects).

Enlisting (although it did get me out of a rut). If I had more confidence in myself at the time, I could have accomplished more and accomplished it sooner, without going into the military.

"Well they are deleting the threads again that are not gun related so..."

I'm still trying to figure out why something called "OFF Topic" on a gun forum needs to be about guns :confused:...wouldn't that be actually "ON topic"? Also, why would something that's "political" be deleted rather than simply moved to "Legal and Political"?
Because+of+reasons+i+m+a+bear+because+of+reasons_8e9659_4905701.jpg

"One time I made a nice ham sandwich. And it was OK.
However I foolishly used mayo.........When I new in my heart, it would be better with Miracle whip.

I really regret that choice.:("

I hope it was on Sour Dough..:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews