JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're not happy with your life because you're not fulfilling anything. If you stopped the shopping, you could quit one of your jobs. Maybe two. There is a very simple solution to all of your problems and it starts with cutting up the cards.

You're not happy with your life because you're not fulfilling anything. If you stopped the shopping, you could quit one of your jobs. Maybe two. There is a very simple solution to all of your problems and it starts with cutting up the cards.
I need to think bigger. Being a $5000 investment to some credit union members is not the source of my dissatisfaction. I have been debt free, I have been 175lbs in my 50s, I have had one job. These things have not led to the satisfaction in my life, I am seeking.

I think @Wombat of Doom is right about me figuring out what I want and what will make me feel satisfied with my life.

I am seeking advice from others who were once dissatisfied with their life and eventually found what satisfied them. It may be different for me but it might help steer me in the right direction.

I can guarantee shopping will be part of a satisfying life for me. Cutting out shopping would be like cutting off a limb to me. Helping people acquire firearms is also important to me. Figuring out the other pieces to the puzzle is the next step.

Gratitude is the key to happiness.

Spend less time on the internet or in a pawn shop and go live a little with real people you are actually close to and I promise your quality of life will go up.

I need to think bigger. Being a $5000 investment to some credit union members is not the source of my dissatisfaction. I have been debt free, I have been 175lbs in my 50s, I have had one job. These things have not led to the satisfaction in my life, I am seeking.

I think @Wombat of Doom is right about me figuring out what I want and what will make me feel satisfied with my life.

I am seeking advice from others who were once dissatisfied with their life and eventually found what satisfied them. It may be different for me but it might help steer me in the right direction.

I can guarantee shopping will be part of a satisfying life for me. Cutting out shopping would be like cutting off a limb to me. Helping people acquire firearms is also important to me. Figuring out the other pieces to the puzzle is the next step.
Whatever you have to say to convince yourself, I suppose. The only person who has to live with what they see in the mirror is you.

The biggest sources of satisfaction in my life are generally service related. My advice would be to find something greater than yourself (family, spirituality, volunteer work etc) and look for satisfaction through that.

Looking for satisfaction through short lived dopamine hits is ultimately detrimental.

i get a tremendous amount of satisfaction in artistic work combined with building guns. I dont make a lot of money building custom guns and suppressors but I get a big boost in life satisfaction out of it. Find something you like doing and get really good at it. Hobbies are an important part of life,

Having a hot wife who makes Labrador retrievers wish they were as loyal helps too :)

I'm having a hard time getting the idea of an old fat you somewhere tucked away in a smoky opium den outta my head :p.

Gratitude is the key to happiness.

Spend less time on the internet or in a pawn shop and go live a little with real people you are actually close to and I promise your quality of life will go up.
The pawn shop work is surprisingly fulfilling. The gun customers are generally happy to be there (unless they are selling). I have met and conversed with more "real people" in the 9 months I have been helping there, than I have in the rest of my adult life. I am not a people person, which is why I like my primary job, working solo. I have played the part though at the pawn shop and the owners are ecstatic to have me there. They have even left me and the new guy to run the place so they can have some time away.
The new new guy quit with no notice so my role there is not going to be cut back anytime soon.

You've been looking for happiness with every deal you chase. And you're not finding it obviously. You never will BTW... the sooner you realize that the better.

Make a change. There is WAY more to life than guns. Get off the internet. Quit wasting brain cells on crazy nonsense gun hacks and go outside with your family and LIVE.

i get a tremendous amount of satisfaction in artistic work combined with building guns. I dont make a lot of money building custom guns and suppressors but I get a big boost in life satisfaction out of it. Find something you like doing and get really good at it. Hobbies are an important part of life,

Having a hot wife who makes Labrador retrievers wish they were as loyal helps too :)
While not a maker of custom guns and suppressors, making things with a deal of craftsmanship and art is one of the most fulfilling activities I can do. I used to be a custom guitar maker and restorer. Different field, same sort of experience. And I have a wife who is as fiercely loyal as a bulldogge, (which is our breed of choice, and loyal to the death) and has been with me since I was in high school.

I have a lot of guns. I enjoy my guns. I have enjoyed my guns more since I stopped buying. The last gun I bought was a while ago. I think I bought one in the last 16 months, I have sold more than that and if Oregon wasn't being stupid, I'd sell half of mine.

@arakboss seriously I think it would help you to step back from all the drill/glue/duct tape projects and focus on what's really important. Your family, being a good responsible husband/father and even more important.......stop wasting money. The "best deal" out there is a sh!tty deal if you don't have the money or you're putting your household in debt.

Addiction takes many forms.

:D if you are not happy and want advice then I have a little. Don't go to a psychologist because he will talk you into being a women and cutting your dick off.:s0140:

You are going to have to find happiness in yourself, comparing yourself as you progress through life and learn about life in general.

I'm not a licensed therapist, so I hesitate to even coment on this thread. But you seem to like challenges. Have you thought about a life satisfaction challenge? The Chinese say it takes 100 days to develop a habit. How about a 100 day life satisfaction challenge? Make a list of all the things in your life that you are grateful for (or should be grateful for). Each day for 100 days review that list, add to it as appropriate, and give thanks for each item on the list. Maybe after 100 days you will appreciate all the good things in your life. Maybe not. IDK. Just a suggestion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top