JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was standing out on the deck, enjoying looking at "Griz" laying in the tall grass (that I have to weed eat soon), thinking "What has my biggest regret in life been............. so far................:D

#1 Suzette..............
# 2 Kay..........
# 3........NOT FOLLOWING MY GUTT INSTINCTS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!

Which brings me right back around to Suzette & Kay..................:D:mad::(;):):rolleyes:

What has been yours?????????????????????????????????????

Biggest regret? Or mistake or something I should take blame for... Errr damn the list is long and boring. I did make a mistake asking a woman out recently that I should have talked to more, fortunately she had good sense and didn't take me up on it. I jumped too soon and asked but then she tells me the 56 years of baggage in her life and how she won't date a boozer or wife beater. Plus she was perfectly happy working a night shift for the rest of her life and really didn't want to get off the couch when not working.

No way I want to relive her past so really happy she didn't want to date me. That was my biggest regret lately, note to self remain single.:confused:

Jennifer- The girl with Barbra Eden eyes
Not Enlisting
Saying Hi to a pretty girl named Em.- a waste of 12 years of my life.

Last Edited:
In the late seventies I was renting a cabin on the North Fork of Eagle Creek near Sandy Oregon.
It was located on 5 acres at the end of a private dead end road, right next to the creek.
Publishers Paper Company surrounded the land and you couldn't find a more beautiful and quiet place to live.
I only paid $100.00 a month, and if I worked on the property, the owner would credit me for the month.
After two years of renting, the owner called me up and asked if I wanted to buy the place for $10,000.00.
He said that he would carry the contract and that I could pay him $200.00 a month with no interest involved, just make the payments till it was paid for.
Being a stupid young man, I turned him down, as I wanted to move back to Portland.
Looking back, I should have taken him up on the offer, and just rented the place to make the payments for me.

Mary - but that one didn't make it to marriage, so I guess it could have been worse

Not serving - that one still bothers me

Not contributing more time and money to keep Obama from being elected, and re-elected. Same goes for a LOT of other politicians.

Not paying more attention to my 2A rights early in my life.

I was standing out on the deck, enjoying looking at "Griz" laying in the tall grass (that I have to weed eat soon), thinking "What has my biggest regret in life been............. so far................:D

#1 Suzette..............
# 2 Kay..........
# 3........NOT FOLLOWING MY GUTT INSTINCTS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!

Which brings me right back around to Suzette & Kay..................:D:mad::(;):):rolleyes:

What has been yours?????????????????????????????????????
Somebody help NoFlinch, he is steppin' into the twilight zone, this place is a
mad house!

"Well they are deleting the threads again that are not gun related so..."

I'm still trying to figure out why something called "OFF Topic" on a gun forum needs to be about guns :confused:...wouldn't that be actually "ON topic"? Also, why would something that's "political" be deleted rather than simply moved to "Legal and Political"?

Anyways...to keep this ON topic in "OFF Topic" ...

...Other than selling My '49 Jag. MK V :(, my most recent biggest regret in life is posting to a topic that got deleted.:oops:**
I suppose I should re-read the rules.;)

**( Yes...my life has been THAT boring! ? !)

My favorite was a 106 recoiless rifle.
When she went off, everything vibrated, even the air.
She was more fun than a 1927 on full auto.
Our first (and last) date was in 1975 above Camp Horno.
She just sat there, not a movement, till we fed her and caressed her fire control mechanism.
But before that, we got to make sure she was pointing true.
A bolt action .50 BMG spotting rifle mounted on her tube.
One tracer round down range, hit a junk truck, immediately followed by the 106.
Then, orders to Comm Co. Oh well...
Still makes me shivver thinking about that gun.:D
M40 106mm recoilless rifle on jeep.jpg

Ricks post reminded me that I went to Self Propelled Howitzer School at Fort Sill OK. Got to crew and fire 8" howitzers and 175mm guns. It was terrific!
Then got stationed in Korea on piddly, little 105mm towed. What a let down!:(
I know, 105's are excellent little guns! But, they're so danged little!:)
No regrets on the girls! I enjoyed the ones I loved and I love my wife of 44 years!

PS: This is what happens when I post when I'm tired! Hardly my biggest regret, that would be when I casually hurt a person, badly, with a word, that had done me no harm. I deeply regret it 50 years later.

Last Edited:
Well we all have regrets.........I have had a few but one that I wish I would have done is join the service.....I kind of ended it in my family but that is the way it goes I guess....

As for women well I think we all had that one.....

Not taking the time to call my grandfather and wish him a happy birthday before he passed.

I had the opportunity and told myself, nah he doesnt want to talk to me.

I never spoke to him again, he passed 3 weeks after his birthday and I got the call in Las Vegas and had no physical ability to fly to his hospital and say goodbye. There wasnt a single flight I could get out there..

I still carry that guilt and wont ever make that mistake again by being lazy, stubburn or foolish. I took his time on this earth for granted. Never again will those I love not know how much they mean to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top