JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. I wasn't impressed with the steel spinner in the second video at first but the more I think about it, the more it's really growing on me.

I have basically the same thing but much smaller and only .22lr rated. It's actually a lot of fun to try and time the shot with the spin after the first hit.

Well, guys, this is what came out when I attempted to go lean-and-mean on an "un-SBR SBR" pistol...
399373-9b49b2950909bb8d5c912056a811566d.jpg
If it weren't for a laser planned, either the right-rear and sight rails would both be gone, or the light would be moved onto the sight rail. The only rails on the left are just enough to mount a tiny little lo-power nav light and a spare-mag carrier. Need to replace the old-school GI-type sling with a cushioned one...

And if this optic dies, I can still see the irons right through it.

As you can see, the only piece that's purely for-looks is the DSA "Enhanced" delta ring.

Last Edited:
Well, guys, this is what came out when I attempted to go lean-and-mean on an "un-SBR SBR" pistol...
View attachment 451785
If it weren't for a laser planned, either the right-rear and sight rails would both be gone, or the light would be moved onto the sight rail. The only rails on the left are just enough to mount a tiny little lo-power nav light and a spare-mag carrier. Need to replace the old-school GI-type sling with a cushioned one...

And if this optic dies, I can still see the irons right through it.

As you can see, the only piece that's purely for-looks is the DSA "Enhanced" delta ring.
Looks like the lower is just for looks since it's still a paperweight.

Looks like the lower is just for looks since it's still a paperweight.
Not quite, at this point it's a Weight and Balance Mockup for ergonomic trials--it's intended to thread the needle through a couple loopholes in WA law to create a CCW-legal "un-rifle"; live lower is awaiting a few answers from the Ambulance Chaser. (It's not fireable but that lower blank IS holding everything else together for initial weight-and-balance work.)

As soon as the answers are in if they go the way I want, the jig and drill come out, and the EPL gets machined.

Last Edited:
Not quite, at this point it's a Weight and Balance Mockup for ergonomic trials--it's intended to thread the needle through a couple loopholes in WA law to create a CCW-legal "un-rifle"; live lower is awaiting a few answers from the Ambulance Chaser. (It's not fireable but that lower blank IS holding everything else together for initial weight-and-balance work.)

As soon as the answers are in if they go the way I want, the jig and drill come out, and the EPL gets machined.
Why is it threading the needle? Any AR pistol should be OK right?

I honestly don't know what you just said.

I understood that. ;)

Why is it threading the needle? Any AR pistol should be OK right?
One would think... this one is above the 26" Federal boundary between "Pistol" and "Other Title 1 Firearm" though, so I want to be absolutely certain it's considered a "Pistol" under State law first.

All we have to go by is RCW 9.41.010(20), which seems to indicate Good2Go:
(20) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

Besides, at the moment I have to spend most of my time at my mother's apartment being a live-in caregiver, and... well, I'm not comfortable taking that last step to completion on property not outright owned by myself or family. Maybe it's a weird quirk, but I ask that you'd respect it as you would me attempting to be a prudent, cautious and respectful guest while on YOUR property.

Now you're talking. If you want to spend money, find the best 3 gun club in your area and go every month. You will be broke in no time.
I love to watch the pros do three gun but I can't afford the stuff they use and the ammo they shoot in a week .
I look at it as a sport because lots of the stuff they do is not really a self defense Shooting but I get the fact that Shooting is shooting and there under pressure but .
NOT LIFE OR DEATH PRESSURE .

I would much rather go take a glass with a bunch of guys that just came back from Afghanistan or IRAQ .
Experience probably after a day with those guys would probably be better than a week with a three gun guy .
And yes I know that some three gun guys also TRAIN military guys like Jerry

I would much rather go take a glass with a bunch of guys that just came back from Afghanistan or IRAQ .
Experience probably after a day with those guys would probably be better than a week with a three gun guy .

I would rather get trained on skills from a 3 gunner. I would rather get trained on equipment and tactics from a military guy, preferably some high speed low drag operator types.

Well I think that's what Jerry does is TRAIN them in skills .
Moving Target to TARGET .
But he can only TEACH so much but your right about the TACTICAL part and equipment .
I can't help anyone else I can only go by .
What I read or what I am told in a class .
I was never in the military .
And never been in real combat.
But I have been shot at but the SAGGING PANTS GANGSTER SHOOTING AT THE BACK OF MY CAR .AFTER I KNOCKED OUT HIS BUT BUDDY DON'T REALLY COUNT

I love to watch the pros do three gun but I can't afford the stuff they use and the ammo they shoot in a week .
I look at it as a sport because lots of the stuff they do is not really a self defense Shooting but I get the fact that Shooting is shooting and there under pressure but .
NOT LIFE OR DEATH PRESSURE .
It's tough to find actual life or death situations that you can learn from. I mean, yeah you probably shouldn't stick your barrel through a window in real life but you are engaging multiple targets in a full 180 degrees and it is super fun. The thing about competition is that it forces you to work on your fundamentals. In reality everyone needs a carbine, pistol and shotgun anyway and as long as you spend a couple of hundred bucks on the belt and carriers you are good to go. As far as ammo goes, I only shoot live ammo at matches anymore and just do some dryfire stuff at home.
You absolutely can learn a lot in combat classes but you will find a lot of those guys in your local 3 gun club and you will definitely learn from them. You would be surprised how quickly your fundamentals improve when you compete in a group like that. I have been doing it for a couple of years now and it has replaced going to the range once a month for me.

Well I think that's what Jerry does is TRAIN them in skills .
Moving Target to TARGET .
But he can only TEACH so much but your right about the TACTICAL part and equipment .
I can't help anyone else I can only go by .
What I read or what I am told in a class .
I was never in the military .
And never been in real combat.
But I have been shot at but the SAGGING PANTS GANGSTER SHOOTING AT THE BACK OF MY CAR .AFTER I KNOCKED OUT HIS BUT BUDDY DON'T REALLY
COUNT
That counts.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class