JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It will never be good, they always see you. You rarely see them. if your clothes have buttons, make sure they are thin buttons, so you can get that much closer to the ground. Always seek COVER, concealment just invites the other side to recon by fire.

It will never be good, they always see you. You rarely see them. if your clothes have buttons, make sure they are thin buttons, so you can get that much closer to the ground. Always seek COVER, concealment just invites the other side to recon by fire.
This is true I have this plate carrier that I can carry 6 mag's in a chest rig type deal lol .
My friend told me get rid of three mags .
You can't lay down on the ground with six mag's on you chest mmmmm

13256657_1773437636225413_994971658_n.jpg 456x330.jpg fat-tac4_zpso1y23m46.jpg meal_team_6_operator.jpg fatmarine.jpg Fatty9.jpg hs9kz9.jpg fat-man-in-camo-cropped.png img_3295.jpg frabz-GUN-NUT-What-my-friends-think-I-do-What-my-mom-thinks-I-do-What--a7de4f.jpg gun_nut_22.jpg

This is true I have this plate carrier that I can carry 6 mag's in a chest rig type deal lol .
Depends on the type of pouch lol. 6 mags in single layer? What difference does it make?
6 mags in a triple wide with double stack? Okay makes little sense, but not like you already have other gear sticking out the same (such as radio and admin and first aid)
6 mags in old school 3 mag pouches a la ALICE? Okay put those pouches on your belt lol

You can unhook the bottom of your carrier and use it in a more vertical position for cover. A lot more useful than laying on it, and if you find the need to move it will likely be in short spurts. (Once you rise, they see you again and aim can be taken away from your possible buddies and focused on you, not much later bullets will be zinging your way.) The carrier and plate might flop some but you will be okay.

Honest question. With armor on, do people really carry a lot of gear on the back/upper section of the PCs and go prone?

For such things, as well as jungle fighting or fighting in the NW woodlands; I would think a slick concealable carrier top and a belt rig somewhat similar to these would work excellently

20180410_171354.jpg 20171110_140033.jpg 20171025_135507.jpg 20180409_105536.jpg 20171024_213859.jpg

To tell the truth I am not running more than 50 yards with a full plate carrier .
My plate carrier with mags is very heavy .
And I'm old and kinda out of shape lol but if you show up in my front yard LOL YOUR DEAD

Depends on the type of pouch lol. 6 mags in single layer? What difference does it make?
6 mags in a triple wide with double stack? Okay makes little sense, but not like you already have other gear sticking out the same (such as radio and admin and first aid)
6 mags in old school 3 mag pouches a la ALICE? Okay put those pouches on your belt lol
Three poutch two in each

Three poutch two in each
What type of plate carrier? I'm seeing a LOT with cummerbunds that have flaps that makes it more.. interesting to place mags on if going low profile shingles or using standard double mag pouches.
Personally though, I'm not a fan of such rigs, although the Eagle Land CIRAS I have, is setup so that the mags are on the c-bund sides as opposed to right on the front.
I do have a self-made OD PC with options...
I sold off some of the TT gear so I'm gonna be making some replacement pouches, probably lower profile and slick (no MOLLE on front) than the 8 mag beastie I made yesterday 20170807_172033.jpg 20170807_172019.jpg 20170810_083032.jpg 20170809_140104.jpg 20170809_140750.jpg 20170809_140800.jpg 20170809_140745.jpg

I got two plate carriers one is one has the full plates front back and side plates the other just has front and back both have shooter cut plates .
Very heavy each plate is 8 lbs the side plates are about 3 and half each .
Then add MAGS full loaded mags plus one has three pistol mag's probably 45 to 55 lbs or more

There heavy I will not doing anything like move shoot move it will be more like move shoot and keep Shooting from that spot till someone starts shooting at me .
Then I have to move

I didn't buy them for patrol the neighborhood
I got them for SHTF .AND MAKE A STAND OR STAND YOU'RE GROUND PROTECT YOU FOOD AND WATER TYPE DEAL . I'M NOT GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD BUT I CAN STAND MY GROUND

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top