JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. I wasn't impressed with the steel spinner in the second video at first but the more I think about it, the more it's really growing on me.

I have basically the same thing but much smaller and only .22lr rated. It's actually a lot of fun to try and time the shot with the spin after the first hit.

Well, guys, this is what came out when I attempted to go lean-and-mean on an "un-SBR SBR" pistol...
399373-9b49b2950909bb8d5c912056a811566d.jpg
If it weren't for a laser planned, either the right-rear and sight rails would both be gone, or the light would be moved onto the sight rail. The only rails on the left are just enough to mount a tiny little lo-power nav light and a spare-mag carrier. Need to replace the old-school GI-type sling with a cushioned one...

And if this optic dies, I can still see the irons right through it.

As you can see, the only piece that's purely for-looks is the DSA "Enhanced" delta ring.

Last Edited:
Well, guys, this is what came out when I attempted to go lean-and-mean on an "un-SBR SBR" pistol...
View attachment 451785
If it weren't for a laser planned, either the right-rear and sight rails would both be gone, or the light would be moved onto the sight rail. The only rails on the left are just enough to mount a tiny little lo-power nav light and a spare-mag carrier. Need to replace the old-school GI-type sling with a cushioned one...

And if this optic dies, I can still see the irons right through it.

As you can see, the only piece that's purely for-looks is the DSA "Enhanced" delta ring.
Looks like the lower is just for looks since it's still a paperweight.

Looks like the lower is just for looks since it's still a paperweight.
Not quite, at this point it's a Weight and Balance Mockup for ergonomic trials--it's intended to thread the needle through a couple loopholes in WA law to create a CCW-legal "un-rifle"; live lower is awaiting a few answers from the Ambulance Chaser. (It's not fireable but that lower blank IS holding everything else together for initial weight-and-balance work.)

As soon as the answers are in if they go the way I want, the jig and drill come out, and the EPL gets machined.

Last Edited:
Not quite, at this point it's a Weight and Balance Mockup for ergonomic trials--it's intended to thread the needle through a couple loopholes in WA law to create a CCW-legal "un-rifle"; live lower is awaiting a few answers from the Ambulance Chaser. (It's not fireable but that lower blank IS holding everything else together for initial weight-and-balance work.)

As soon as the answers are in if they go the way I want, the jig and drill come out, and the EPL gets machined.
Why is it threading the needle? Any AR pistol should be OK right?

I honestly don't know what you just said.

I understood that. ;)

Why is it threading the needle? Any AR pistol should be OK right?
One would think... this one is above the 26" Federal boundary between "Pistol" and "Other Title 1 Firearm" though, so I want to be absolutely certain it's considered a "Pistol" under State law first.

All we have to go by is RCW 9.41.010(20), which seems to indicate Good2Go:
(20) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

Besides, at the moment I have to spend most of my time at my mother's apartment being a live-in caregiver, and... well, I'm not comfortable taking that last step to completion on property not outright owned by myself or family. Maybe it's a weird quirk, but I ask that you'd respect it as you would me attempting to be a prudent, cautious and respectful guest while on YOUR property.

Now you're talking. If you want to spend money, find the best 3 gun club in your area and go every month. You will be broke in no time.
I love to watch the pros do three gun but I can't afford the stuff they use and the ammo they shoot in a week .
I look at it as a sport because lots of the stuff they do is not really a self defense Shooting but I get the fact that Shooting is shooting and there under pressure but .
NOT LIFE OR DEATH PRESSURE .

I would much rather go take a glass with a bunch of guys that just came back from Afghanistan or IRAQ .
Experience probably after a day with those guys would probably be better than a week with a three gun guy .
And yes I know that some three gun guys also TRAIN military guys like Jerry

I would much rather go take a glass with a bunch of guys that just came back from Afghanistan or IRAQ .
Experience probably after a day with those guys would probably be better than a week with a three gun guy .

I would rather get trained on skills from a 3 gunner. I would rather get trained on equipment and tactics from a military guy, preferably some high speed low drag operator types.

Well I think that's what Jerry does is TRAIN them in skills .
Moving Target to TARGET .
But he can only TEACH so much but your right about the TACTICAL part and equipment .
I can't help anyone else I can only go by .
What I read or what I am told in a class .
I was never in the military .
And never been in real combat.
But I have been shot at but the SAGGING PANTS GANGSTER SHOOTING AT THE BACK OF MY CAR .AFTER I KNOCKED OUT HIS BUT BUDDY DON'T REALLY COUNT

I love to watch the pros do three gun but I can't afford the stuff they use and the ammo they shoot in a week .
I look at it as a sport because lots of the stuff they do is not really a self defense Shooting but I get the fact that Shooting is shooting and there under pressure but .
NOT LIFE OR DEATH PRESSURE .
It's tough to find actual life or death situations that you can learn from. I mean, yeah you probably shouldn't stick your barrel through a window in real life but you are engaging multiple targets in a full 180 degrees and it is super fun. The thing about competition is that it forces you to work on your fundamentals. In reality everyone needs a carbine, pistol and shotgun anyway and as long as you spend a couple of hundred bucks on the belt and carriers you are good to go. As far as ammo goes, I only shoot live ammo at matches anymore and just do some dryfire stuff at home.
You absolutely can learn a lot in combat classes but you will find a lot of those guys in your local 3 gun club and you will definitely learn from them. You would be surprised how quickly your fundamentals improve when you compete in a group like that. I have been doing it for a couple of years now and it has replaced going to the range once a month for me.

Well I think that's what Jerry does is TRAIN them in skills .
Moving Target to TARGET .
But he can only TEACH so much but your right about the TACTICAL part and equipment .
I can't help anyone else I can only go by .
What I read or what I am told in a class .
I was never in the military .
And never been in real combat.
But I have been shot at but the SAGGING PANTS GANGSTER SHOOTING AT THE BACK OF MY CAR .AFTER I KNOCKED OUT HIS BUT BUDDY DON'T REALLY
COUNT
That counts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top