JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My thought was that it raises awareness just like the yard signs. It could remind people to vote. The signage must do some good or campaigns wouldn't waste their energy putting them up.

:D might have been better for us to tie those Ukraine yard signs into our freedom to own guns. People fell for those signs in a big way..

I'm about to flip everyone of you Phucking Arseholes the great big finger here . . .
Hmm. Well, here's one "Phucking Arsehole" who is having trouble understanding where our most excellent member and I disagree on the nature of the problem. In fact, I really thought we had expressed somewhat the same sentiments, but in slightly different terms. I sure don't recall pointing any fingers (or waving any, either).

Let me go back to my starting point: The time to beat the anti-gunners was in the signature gathering stage for their initiative. That's when they were most vulnerable, so countering that activity with factual handouts and truth squads adjacent to their signature gathering booths might have kept them from getting enough signatures in time to qualify. I remember writing something like that in a long-ago thread, back when their petition-gathering began.

Credit where it is due, posts I've read here indicate that a number of you did fight as best you could. However, putting up a truly effective fight, even early-on, requires organization, people, and time, all in short supply. As others have expressed, life does demand attention to family and time on the job to keep the wolf from the door.

Once the misguided sheep gathered enough qualifying signatures to get their demon initiative on the ballot, gun owners (who seem short of billionaire backing) haven't got the horsepower needed to sway enough Oregon voters to vote NO. That is largely because, as Ura-Ki said, "WE CANNOT FIGHT THE BIG BUCKS FROM THE ANTI 2ND SIDE, WHEN THEY CONTROL THE MEDIA!"

I apologize to all members for my unrealistic expectations. I realize now that every member here put forth 110% or what they were capable of, to oppose Measure 114. Unfortunately that was not enough and we had a landslide defeat by Rev Knutson and his serpent loving gang of expert campaigners. There was no way 2.5% of dedicated 2A supporters, businesses and donors were going to be able to close a gap of 12,000 votes. As a token of my appreciation for your valiant efforts here is a trophy photo.

1667994092121.png

I am man enough to accept defeat with grace so LEVO and Rev Knutter I want to congratulate you on a masterful campaign and fundraising efforts. You kicked our tails into the next ball field, a town over. You managed to defeat the most dedicated 2A group in this State while promising to severely restrict our freedoms, destroy small businesses and effectively defund the police. Amazing work my friend. For your efforts please accept this photo of an award. You can use this as motivation as you write up your next diabolical Initiative Petition.

1667994767783.png

I would hardly call it a "landslide defeat." Half the state isn't agreeing with this. At my posting it's virtually 50/50. 50.38 vs 49.62. But that's still enough to put us under. If we would of had the money LEVO did for mailings and media I think we would have been on the up side of that 50%. Just mass communicating the fact Law Enforcement, Oregon State Sheriff's Association, was against this would have garnered more votes. Many voters probably even didn't know that. But, LEVO had the means and more people. So onto IP18 in the legislature next year.

can i still buy a gun with more than 10 capacity magazines for the next 30 days? would be nice if I could get in the last couple purchases till I can't anymore. this is so phucked :(

I would hardly call it a "landslide defeat." Half the state isn't agreeing with this. At my posting it's virtually 50/50. 50.38 vs 49.62. But that's still enough to put us under. If we would of had the money LEVO did for mailings and media I think we would have been on the up side of that 50%. Just mass communicating the fact Law Enforcement, Oregon State Sheriff's Association, was against this would have garnered more votes. Many voters probably even didn't know that. But, LEVO had the means and more people. So onto IP18 in the legislature next year.
The latest numbers I have seen say that the yes campaign has raised $2.4 million or about $3.30 per vote.

No campaign has raised about $200k or about $.30 per vote.

At that rate we could have potentially bought 6000 more votes for less than $2,000.

can i still buy a gun with more than 10 capacity magazines for the next 30 days? would be nice if I could get in the last couple purchases till I can't anymore. this is so phucked :(
Sure. Unless your out of state seller instantly jumps on the bandwagon and adds Oregon to the mag restricted states.

The latest numbers I have seen say that the yes campaign has raised $2.4 million or about $3.30 per vote.

No campaign has raised about $200k or about $.30 per vote.

At that rate we could have potentially bought 6000 more votes for less than $2,000.
It's a moot point anyways because gun owners were exhausted of all the donations they had to give. They gave all they could and you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Edit: I know what you're thinking, it only would've required literal pocket change from gun owners to get the additional votes we needed to defeat Measure 114. You have to understand that with the price of ammo and mochas these days, we don't have pocket change to spare.

Last Edited:
Well at least you sold 56 guns here for free.
Gawd I've got a man crush on you! :s0140:
My thought was that it raises awareness just like the yard signs. It could remind people to vote. The signage must do some good or campaigns wouldn't waste their energy putting them up.

Raise awareness? If you really wanted some potato salad, do you think you could get the potatoes to be potato salad? Talk to them. Show them pictures of potato salad? It wont work. The progressives in the population centers of Willamette Valley, and Bend now apparently, have their mind set. They don't care about the 2nd amendment. It wouldn't have made a difference to them no matter what you had on your signs. They wouldn't change their minds if they got robbed at knife point once a month.
Please don't think I'm putting down yours, and others, efforts in this. We've got to do something and you folks did what you could. Let's hope that the lawsuits start getting filed quickly.

I'm kind of with @Ura-Ki on this. Where I live, for as long as I've lived here and watched the transition, you don't reach these people with anything common sense. Just look at those county by county tallies of Yea and Nay votes. Here, where I, and @arakboss live is the where the majority of those types are. There is no fighting them.

Gawd I've got a man crush on you! :s0140:

Raise awareness? If you really wanted some potato salad, do you think you could get the potatoes to be potato salad? Talk to them. Show them pictures of potato salad? It wont work. The progressives in the population centers of Willamette Valley, and Bend now apparently, have their mind set. They don't care about the 2nd amendment. It wouldn't have made a difference to them no matter what you had on your signs. They wouldn't change their minds if they got robbed at knife point once a month.
Please don't think I'm putting down yours, and others, efforts in this. We've got to do something and you folks did what you could. Let's hope that the lawsuits start getting filed quickly.

I'm kind of with @Ura-Ki on this. Where I live, for as long as I've lived here and watched the transition, you don't reach these people with anything common sense. Just look at those county by county tallies of Yea and Nay votes. Here, where I, and @arakboss live is the where the majority of those types are. There is no fighting them.

I honestly expected this to pass by a much larger margin. I think somebody changed some minds, probably wasn't me:)

Well in MultCo the numbers were what I might expect! A vast majority, of potatoes! :D
Agree. And I guess I kind of saw the whole state voting through that distorted multnomah county lens. I was happily surprised that most of the rest of the state has some brains and common sense and voted against it. And it sucks that the multnomah and nearby counties voting block is so powerful that the rest of the state has to live with their idiotic measures.

Well I didn't take my signs over there, too darn dangerous:)
ABSOLUTELY! I'd have nothing on my cars or lawn indicating I vote right OR gun love!

Through all this election garbage I don't think I'd seen ONE sign for one of "OUR" people or measures.

Agree. And I guess I kind of saw the whole state voting through that distorted multnomah county lens. I was happily surprised that most of the rest of the state has some brains and common sense and voted against it. And it sucks that the multnomah and nearby counties voting block is so powerful that the rest of the state has to live with their idiotic measures.
Well it's been made crystal clear that common sense and critical thinking are at the bottom of the democrat mentality.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews