JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Look, I'm not trying to start an argument. What I am trying
to do is to get people to stop and THINK about this.

It is frustrating to me to see so many posts by owners of firearms
ARGUING about the how 114 is unconstitutional and how it won't
stand and other such mundane/off tract points and arguments.

IF ever there was a time to stand together and defeat this bill,
now is the time and last chance. Please, stop the arguments
and concentrate on defeating 114.

On channel 6 new last night they showed the YES on 114 committee
running a telephone call group of 10 to 20 callers who urge people
to go vote YES on 114. Channel 6 gave them good coverage without
actually recommending a vote either way. Then 6 contacted one
of the NO on 114 groups and asked to interview or comment.
The response was (excuse the express) short and stupid, and would
convenience no one to vote NO.

Why have we as firearm owners been so STUPID in our response to
114? Why do we argue among ourselves instead of working to
defeat this bill?

There has been little meaningful organized NO resistance to this
bill. I attended a gun show where there was a "booth" of NO on 114
people sitting on their asses. I watched for 15 minutes and they
never had meaningful contact with the people working by. They
should have been standing in the isles, shaking hands, making
contact to be sure people would vote NO and asking people to
vote NO. Stupid.

The few times a NO on 114 person has appear on television news
they have come off as uninformed, poorly prepared to discuss
the problems with bill and unimpressive. Stupid.

How many of you have actively contacted friends, relatives,
acquaintances and other people to ask them to vote no?
My count is over 140.

How many of you can intelligently discuss the inherent problens
with this bill (instead of simply saying "it's bad, it's really bad)?
Sportsmans Warehouse has done a better job of this than 75
per cent of the firearm owners who I have asked to tell me
in what was the bill is unworkable and will not solve the problem.

Why do so many of you want to argue the 2A rather than
work to defeat 114?

Here is the truth. If 114 passes, then in 180 days firearm
sales in Oregon will go to near zero. This forum will soon
disappear. The courts will allow the bill to go into affect
as it is challenged it court. The challenges will most fail
and will take 4 to 8 years to work their way through the system.
The 2A isn't going to protect you since the courts have
already ruled that gun regulations are allowable under 2A.

There, that is the bottom-line. Now tell me that it cannot
happen and I will tell you that it can and probably will
unless you spend the next two days getting people who
have not vote to vote. (Just like the YES people are call
like mad today).

And, if 114 does pass, I will make the last post to appear
on this website as it shuts down and in my post I will say "I told you so."

Now prove me wrong by NOT arguing, but by going out and getting
NO votes!

TJ

Cause it's much easier to scream "Shall not infringe!" than it is to foster a relationship and get to a point where you can discuss bills like this or the second amendment in a sane, calm, non aggressive manner. Especially with someone you may identify or see as an opposition or "enemy."

You have to control your emotions and use your brain. That's something Americans on the left and right really struggle with. Humans are dictated my emotion. And it's pathetic.

This is the same reason I avoid 2A gatherings/protests/bull horn nonesense/etc.

Last Edited:
30+ years of the Democrat party running Oregon so of course those that live here have to fight against Democrat gun laws. Maybe folks will get smart someday and quit voting for democrats. 30+ years, how is Oregon doing? Frankly after living through Democrat covid tyranny I can't understand how anyone would vote for a Democrat. Yet here we are with another threat to our way of life with a Democrat Bill that is not only unconstitutional but totally against your civil rights.

Covid gave them the power and they saw you would accept it, if 114 goes through its just another nail in your coffin.

You mentioned the news story letting Yes 114 speak their piece and then showing No 114 people make a mess of it. The peer pressure in the newsroom is hard left. Your workplace friendships and career trajectory can be affected by having "wrong" opinions.

The news producers for that story could have picked a good clear speaker against 114. Plenty out there. An old newsroom trick to look "balanced" is to give plenty of time to a terrible representative of the side you oppose. They make your enemy look stupid and you look balanced.

You mentioned the news story letting Yes 114 speak their piece and then showing No 114 people make a mess of it. The peer pressure in the newsroom is hard left. Your workplace friendships and career trajectory can be affected by having "wrong" opinions.

The news producers for that story could have picked a good clear speaker against 114. Plenty out there. An old newsroom trick to look "balanced" is to give plenty of time to a terrible representative of the side you oppose. They make your enemy look stupid and you look balanced.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon Bonaparte

The left will elevate idiots (who hold a (R) next to their name) and allow them to did their own hole. Bringing with them plenty of sheep.

Some might recall the 2015 school shooting in Roseburg Oregon.

When that happened the snowball toward more gun restrictions was being pushed by our governor and she asked Obama to fly in and help. Thousands of us went to the airport to demonstrate for our rights, anyone recall that?

Anyone recall the last election that folks worked to give our Sherriffs the choice on if they were going to obey unconstitutional gun laws? The Salem demonstration.

Yet here we are again, fighting another fire burning our constitution and folks vote for the arsonist.

On channel 6 new last night they showed the YES on 114 committee
running a telephone call group of 10 to 20 callers who urge people
to go vote YES on 114. Channel 6 gave them good coverage without
actually recommending a vote either way. Then 6 contacted one
of the NO on 114 groups and asked to interview or comment.
The response was (excuse the express) short and stupid, and would
convenience no one to vote NO.

I happened to catch the last of that. It was Ken Body as the reporter. He had the chick that was one of the sponsors of 114 blabbing. The "stoopid short answer" you were referring to was from OFF, "Oregon Firearms Federation" . Kevin Starrett supplied that feedback in opposition to 114. I will gauran-damn-tee you that Mr Starrett did NOT supply THAT short stoopid answer! He would have said that, and a lot more, in any statement he provided!
Sack -O'-Crap biased media is what KOIN 6 News is!

Why is it we always self blame in these situations? Every single time stuff like 114 rolls around, the forum erupts with accusations of us not doing enough and not voting.. that simply is not the case.. as for arguing and articulating our side? We have.. almost all of us often do.. the main factor that is never addressed is: the opposite party listening to our logic and reason has to actually comprehend that daddy government is NOT the solution and that these proposed bills/laws/policies accomplish nothing.

The failure is on indoctrinated trash humans voting for trash policies and trash politicians that would rather pander to emotions than solve issues. We can have the most artuculate opinion in the galaxy and it will not make a bit of difference to the indoctrinated party listening. Sadly those anti gun people only learn "after the fact" or when it is too late.
(Often a home invasion, attack..etc)

Even if I handle anti gun snowflakes with good nature, well spoken, uber soft nerf mittens.. at the end of the day they will march to the beat of their anti gun overlords. The failure is on culture, society and on the education system. We need to win that battle over trying to placate to the antigun ear and gently rubbing the bellies of those that despise us and our hobby/lifestyle.

I happened to catch the last of that. It was Ken Body as the reporter. He had the chick that was one of the sponsors of 114 blabbing. The "stoopid short answer" you were referring to was from OFF, "Oregon Firearms Federation" . Kevin Starrett supplied that feedback in opposition to 114. I will gauran-damn-tee you that Mr Starrett did NOT supply THAT short stoopid answer! He would have said that, and a lot more, in any statement he provided!
Sack -O'-Crap biased media is what KOIN 6 News is!
I did not see that story, so I just looked up their website with short written summary. Multiple sentences allowing the Yes114 people make their points. One sentence from Kevin without meaningful context. The loss of honest journalism has cost the country more than any of the crooked politicians.

I would suggest that a "No on 114" booth at a gun show would be a waste of time, money and resources. Preaching to the choir doesn't get very far... The Yes crowd is well funded by out of state interests. The No side has raised little in the way or money to fight back.
It kills me to see the news channels covering the kids doing a "walk out"' in support of any bills...

I did not see that story, so I just looked up their website with short written summary. Multiple sentences allowing the Yes114 people make their points. One sentence from Kevin without meaningful context. The loss of honest journalism has cost the country more than any of the crooked politicians.
You don't have to use force to control a vote if you have the ability to manipulate and control the mind.

You don't have to use force to control a vote if you have the ability to manipulate and control the mind.
Minds are flooded with way too much manipulated information these days, the net is a tool.

So much information pumped into social media that folks lose their memories, unless they personally had experience in an event then they won't recall it.

Only the folks fighting the battles remember them.

People don't question anything any more. If a stranger on the web says something, it's taken as truth. No matter how crazy it might sound. I've been told I have a negative personality. I like to be positive about things, but you got to question the crazy bubblegum.

I would suggest that a "No on 114" booth at a gun show would be a waste of time, money and resources. Preaching to the choir doesn't get very far... The Yes crowd is well funded by out of state interests. The No side has raised little in the way or money to fight back.
It kills me to see the news channels covering the kids doing a "walk out"' in support of any bills...
Early in the process (August, September) it was no waste of time. The choir did not know the page to open in the hymn book.

Better than half the people I spoke with at the Roseburg Gun Show had not heard of 114. All I had to do was hand them a flyer and tell them a few high points. They were on board and ready to tell others. And the gun club sponsor of the show (front door people who let me in for free and helped me bring in signs) got 30 signs from me and a few hundred flyers. I guarantee those went out to useful places. They were thankful someone was there to help.

By late October more gun show attendees already knew about it. Some took flyers with them to distribute.

But some of the people in Cabela's parking lot were still unaware or in agreement. Those unaware, I spoke with. Those in agreement, I offered them a few flyers (and in a couple cases yard signs) and asked them to put them out in their own neighborhoods.

People don't question anything any more. If a stranger on the web says something, it's taken as truth. No matter how crazy it might sound. I've been told I have a negative personality. I like to be positive about things, but you got to question the crazy bubblegum.
A challenger type personality is needed when folks opine their truth but the challenger should know the truth to feed back.

Hence the reason I don't have instagram, facebook, twitter, etc. I let my own eyes, ears, and personal experience dictate what I believe. Facts over feelings.

I don't have sympathy for the sheep that are lead to the slaughter. I hate the media. I hate politicians (red and blue). And I shake my head at the Americans who stand for a "policy," "idea," or "a right" and are unable to articulate their point without screaming and point fingers (again both left and right).

The right follows their "leaders" without question. Just like the left follows theirs.

Stupid sheep.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA