JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Edit: switching gears so disregard helping make implementation go smoothly. Pretend it's opposite day from now on. We want the implementation to be a train wreck. Too bad for LGSs but new ones will pop up if this Measure is ever struck down by the courts. I got mine get yours while you still can.

LEVO and the gun grabbers have done their part and the votes have been cast. It's now up to the Oregon State Patrol and County Sheriffs to decide how Measure 114 will be implemented. I am hopeful that people are mad enough now that they will take the time to help lobby OSP and their local Sheriffs to implement Measure 114 in the least disruptive manner as possible. The measure was written in such a way that it leaves OSP and County Sheriffs with a lot of discretion as to how to implement the measure in regards to the permit to purchase. It won't require money, it will require respectful well written letters on the low effort end and in person participation on the higher effort end.

The good news is the that target of our lobbying efforts will be very small compared to the electorate in the State. Mainly Sheriff's and OSP Brass and possibly the Governor's administration.

The bad news might be that there a still so few people interested in fighting the measure that our lobbying efforts will go mostly unnoticed.

I am not finger pointing, I am asking that you take some time out of your busy schedules to help inform OSP and County Sheriff's that they now have the power to save lives and livelihoods or destroy them with the manner in which they implement Measure 114 in to the background check system.

Please share your lobbying ideas and contacts for which officials you think will have the most influence on the Measure implementation process.

Last Edited:
Linn country Sherriff said she was going to ask for input from other agencies and citizens. I believe if she gets a workable solution then she would be a leader to everyone else.

I do like livin in Linn, just when I thought we couldn't do better than Jim Yon, I was wrong.
Historically Linn county has been working class and they know what it cost to live in this world, real down to earth folks. Benton and Lane are college areas with most on the public dole and with a herd mentality.

There are some really good people that live in Lane and Benton county but they are outnumbered and outspent in politics.

If you got rid of the universities Oregon would go red in no time.

Historically Linn county has been working class and they know what it cost to live in this world, real down to earth folks. Benton and Lane are college areas with most on the public dole and with a herd mentality.

There are some really good people that live in Lane and Benton county but they are outnumbered and outspent in politics.
I never got along with "Townies" growing up and really, really dislike them now. F their voting patterns, and F their parents for raising turds.

I never got along with "Townies" growing up and really, really dislike them now. F their voting patterns, and F their parents for raising turds.
I spent the first nine grades of school in Corvallis and graduated in Albany in 1970. Plenty of work growing up in Albany, Corvallis saw themselves as higher class and not much there unless you had a degree.

A lot of bad government policies came out of the universities, the spotted owl way the start of oregons downturn.

Linn county has the best gun clubs and it helps the second amendment to have places to shoot

I keep thinking about the training. If I was Sherriff I would train in the areas of most concern to the law makers. They fear the AR15 so I would make sure everyone who buys one receives good training. Add in a high cap glock and that's training enough. It's what the cops use and have on hand so it's easy to set up a system.

I believe the Sheriff's will be far more approachable as they are closer to their people on a day to day basis.

As far as OSP goes, good luck with that.
The flow chart starts with the Superintendent who is answerable to the Governit of the day. From there it goes down through the hierarchy to the Troopers. No direct accountability to the average citizen. They don't even make much of an effort to nurture relations with other agencies, unless they can establish their pack dominance. Historically, they answer to Salem, period. To expect that they would welcome input from non-governmental sources would be a non-starter. Reasonable SO's (forget the big city departments) are going to be the key, but care must be taken not to wearing out your welcome.

Last Edited:
I believe the Sheriff's will be far more approachable as they are closer to their people on a day to day basis.

The flow chart starts with the Superintendent who is answerable to the Governit of the day. From there it goes down through the hierarchy to the Troopers. No direct accountability to the average citizen. They don't even make much of an effort to nurture relations with other agencies, unless they can establish their pack dominance. Historically, they answer to Salem, period. To expect that they would welcome input from non-governmental sources would be a non-starter. Reasonable SO's (forget the big city departments) are going to be the key, but care must be taken not to wearing out your welcome.
We still have some State Reps and Senators on our side. They may be useful in getting answers out of OSP.

The Sheriff's Dept are going to play a huge roll. We should encourage them to do whatever is possible to speed up the certification of trainers and processing applications once they begin. There should be a trainer on every block.

Small Sheriff's dept with maverick Sheriffs should consider deputizing trainers so the trainer can perform the training and process the applications.

Statutory Requirement for Response to Dealers ORS 166.412 requires that OSP maintain an instant check system for conducting criminal background checks for federally licensed gun dealers and private parties prior to the transfer of a firearm. OSP must immediately determine whether the purchaser is qualified or disqualified to complete the firearm transfer under state or federal law either during the dealer's contact or by return call. Statute also requires that if OSP is unable to determine if the purchaser is approved or denied within 30 minutes, OSP must notify the dealer and provide an estimate of time when the check will be completed. Background checks that cannot be completed within the 30 minutes are placed in a Pended/Delayed status until sufficient record information can be obtained to complete the request.

Source:

Just my personal opinion, but I want nothing about this to go smoothly. I want it to be an absolute train-wreck for everyone involved, especially those at any level of bureaucracy.

If everything gets set up without a hitch and people start complying/purchasing guns like it's business as usual, the anti-2A side will just be further emboldened and validated by their efforts.

Measure 114 needs to be an absolute disaster from start to finish so that anybody who was sitting on the fences, or sheepishly voted YES on it because it was endorsed by the blue party, wakes up and realizes what a mistake they've made.

Just my personal opinion, but I want nothing about this to go smoothly. I want it to be an absolute train-wreck for everyone involved, especially those at any level of bureaucracy.
I don't think you are going to have worry about this to not go smoothly - as I believe this was the ultimate undertone of the measure, to create confusion and make it as difficult as possible with little to no guidance from the morons who drafted this, leaving both potential gun owners (and what LGSs might remain) frustrated and angry. Probably not unlike the CA ammo purchase issue is - only worse.

A member on another forum suggested this is not unlike what the Democrat's Jim Crow laws did to Black voters in the South with their literacy tests, civics tests and poll taxes.

If everything gets set up without a hitch and people start complying/purchasing guns like it's business as usual, the anti-2A side will just be further emboldened and validated by their efforts.

Measure 114 needs to be an absolute disaster from start to finish so that anybody who was sitting on the fences, or sheepishly voted YES on it because it was endorsed by the blue party, wakes up and realizes what a mistake they've made.
That is an interesting tactic.

Hell no!

I'm not in the business of "lobbying OSP" and telling the sheriffs what to do.

This law is unconstitutional why would I spend my time and energy helping them implement it? I would rather spend my time and energy killing this bill that robs us of our rights.

Imo what you are proposing to "fight" the measure is not fighting it at all and takes energy and resources from the actual fight, which is killing it in the courts.

A good analogy would be if your country is invaded and occupied by a foreign power. Certain citizens will work with the occupiers to make it "as painless and smooth as possible". Other citizens, the resistance groups (the patriots), will fight it. I am interested in fighting it in the most effective manner possible, NOT helping state employees (who are already paid for by our taxes) do their job easier. Nothing against them, but that's their job. Our job is to fight this POS unconstitutional law.

Last Edited:
We should encourage them to do whatever is possible to speed up the certification of trainers and processing applications once they begin. There should be a trainer on every block.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Any successful implementation will just make the court cases harder to win. This needs to be a train-wreck of Obamacare proportions.

THIS!!

This law is unconstitutional why would I spend my time and energy helping them implement it? I would rather spend my time and energy killing this bill that robs us of our rights.
AND THIS!!

Makes sense so how do we help it go badly. This feels like we are part of the gun grabber gang.
Don't waste your time on helping it go smoothly or badly. All of that type of energy is making us essentially fighting ourselves. Spend your time fighting the problem, this unconstitutional law (and the Levo group by exposing them, getting their 501(c)3 status cancelled, visible scandal to the public etc.)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top