JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If we dodge another bullet and Oregon voters smartly reject Measure 114, we should be prepared for it to be back in 2023/24. LEVO will have endless funding and big motivation to try it again. We should do better by fighting it before it's on the ballot. We should become more active and better organized. We should put peer pressure on all stakeholders to particpate in opposing these types of measures and legislation. We should invest our time and treasure to combat the out of state anti gun funding streams that allow this garbage to be propagated. We should grow the family of stakeholders so a larger percentage of in state and out of state persons, businesses, organizations and even media will join us in opposing future measures/legislation aimed at restricting our constitutional rights. The days of expecting a free ride are over. LEVO and their ilk in Salem won't let up and neither should we.

If Measure 114 does pass then we will have a much greater amount of work ahead of us. We should try to mitigate the effects of the measure as much as possible. Many small FFLs are going to need our help as customers to stay open. First time and newbie gunbuyers are going to need our help navigating the restrictions in the measure. Sheriff's Depts are going to need to hear from us in large numbers so that they will put pressure on OSP to write regulations that are the least restrictive as possible. Trainers are going to need access to facilities and should be bolstered in numbers. FFLs should be encouraged to offer extended lay-a-way programs. They should be encouraged to allow buyers to have supervised access to their firearms that are in Measure 114 jail. FFLs should be encouraged to offer training as part of the buying process.

And most of all if Measure 114 passes, all stakeholders should get off their tails and help repeal Measure 114. A special election won't have near the turn out that this election will have. If our side becomes more dedicated and better organized we could abolish this measure in a special election.

Please keep posts in this thread directed at actions to take post election.

I was looking for details on what is required to repeal a Measure brought forth by citizens. I found info for referendums on Legislative Measures but not for citizen lead Measures. Anybody know if it's allowed?

It's almost better for 114 to pass so we can get the courts to put an end to this unconstitutional bull squeeze once and for all. I will do whatever I can to help support that.

Another way to get rid of an initiative is to get one passed that does just that. As soon as people realize what they bought is not what they want then this has potential. Expect it to take a couple of years to sink in just how this makes the average person less safe.

My next step is likely here: https://www.freedominthe50states.org/ unless Greater Idaho happens. I will NOT live in tyranny.

It's almost better for 114 to pass so we can get the courts to put an end to this unconstitutional bull squeeze once and for all. I will do whatever I can to help support that.

Another way to get rid of an initiative is to get one passed that does just that. As soon as people realize what they bought is not what they want then this has potential. Expect it to take a couple of years to sink in just how this makes the average person less safe.

My next step is likely here: https://www.freedominthe50states.org/ unless Greater Idaho happens. I will NOT live in tyranny.
Maybe it's time to move back to Florida, where there's still a reasonable level of freedom. And perhaps contemplate retirement…

Referencing people who don't like what they bought, just point to Seattle and Tacoma as evidence of current abject failure. Wa state laws 594 , 1639 , and whatever number our brand new mag ban has are making zero difference on crime.
Hard facts show that violent crime is way up on the I-5 corridor, especially with firearms. Felons and juveniles are still well armed and willing to open fire regardless of Washington state's unrelenting assault on 2A rights.
Oregon voters don't have to look very far to see what the real world impact of a magazine ban will be on actual criminals.

Fighting it court would be the first thing.
Agree. Courts are an effective option. Trying to repeal is a waste of time imo because the metro voting block (which will likely pass 114 by 73-74% I would guess) cannot be countered politically right now.

The best we can do is have rural areas refuse to comply. Think of it this way, Portland refuses to prosecute or even arrest people for theft, breaking into your home, assault, arson, vandalism, etc. the same can be done in rural counties where DA refuses to prosecute anyone breaking the unconstitutional mag ban law (except actual criminals of course). Easy peasy. Can also refuse to comply with permit process due to being unfunded but that ones a bit of a pipe dream probably.

Maybe it's time to move back to Florida, where there's still a reasonable level of freedom. And perhaps contemplate retirement…
One of my top choices for relocation, but wife requires snow for me to shovel. Florida has a lot of positives along with some negatives, but overall it is inexpensive, has abundant resources, and it's still as free as you can get in the US.

If I could take muh guns I might opt for the Philippines. Very inexpensive, more free than the US, the culture is friendlier and we old coots are respected. Oh, and we have bigger bananas than the locals so our dance card is always full.

Referencing people who don't like what they bought, just point to Seattle and Tacoma as evidence of current abject failure. Wa state laws 594 , 1639 , and whatever number our brand new mag ban has are making zero difference on crime.
Hard facts show that violent crime is way up on the I-5 corridor, especially with firearms. Felons and juveniles are still well armed and willing to open fire regardless of Washington state's unrelenting assault on 2A rights.
Oregon voters don't have to look very far to see what the real world impact of a magazine ban will be on actual criminals.
But if they would only pass more laws making it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves crime would go down

Please stop spouting that nonsense. By the end of her term, Brown will have appointed all 7 of Oregon's supreme court justices, so there is ZERO chance of any sections of 114 being repealed by the courts in Oregon. It'll take years for anything to happen and we'll still be living with the consequences of 114. You want restrictions and tyranny, go ahead, but please move somewhere else so you can vote for it for the purpose of fighting it.

If the imitative fails, the Dems will probably do what the WA Dems did and just cram the bill through the legislature themselves to "save lives"
Oregon is famous for that and will use the "Emergency Legislation" process (to save lives) preventing a Referendum from striking it down using their "screw the peasants" loophole. It would take an Initiative to overturn it requiring much more time, effort and money

Since the Dems were sucessful at getting a multi-issue petition on the ballot (not supposed to happen) I would think that the most efficient thing to do would be to launch a multi-politician recall petition..say every Dem in office in Oregon.

The time to takes things Fully Semi Auto Pro 2nd is NOW, weather this thing pass's or not! First, we need to absolutely DESTROY that Forked Tongue Devil Spawn Knudson by what ever means necessary! We need to go on the offensive and start pushing law suits against the state for Any and All infringements! We need to Push the Gov'ness ( Looks like it might be Drazan) toward Constitutnal Carry, we need to REMOVE the Citizens Innitivitive from the states bag-0-tricks, and we need to recall both the states A.G and the Sec-State Right quick and in a Hurry like! We also need to recall all of the states supreme court justices or impeach their arses! We need to work to remove Multico Sheriff and install a pro 2nd Sheriff, and warn both Calk and Wash counties that their on the chopping block unless they firm up on our rights! We need to Destroy Portland's Mayor and the entire City Clowncil, and any other "leaders" they might have hiding under the stairs or the bed! We need to Reign in the OSP and FORCE them to do their phucking job, and NOT serving as the Gov'ness's Jack Boots! I got much more, but this is a good start!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top