JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I added edit to OP. So now we figure out how to help the train wreck happen?
Again do not waste your time fighting ourselves, the poor state employees that have to deal with this etc. FIGHT THE ENEMY. The enemy is this unconstitutional law, the Levo organization and their demon priest guy etc. Stop wasting time and energy on symptoms from the problem. Focus on the problem.

Stop jumping through hoops to comply is the first step. Playing their game is exactly what they want you to do. Pretty soon, the "compliers" will be working with Knutsen to show how easy it is to comply. It'll make the AWB that much easier for them. It's the equivalent of a frog reaching over to turn the heat up on himself.

Gather information to support the lawsuits and injunctions so we can get this reversed. Work on destroying this abomination, not enhancing it.

Again do not waste your time fighting ourselves, the poor state employees that have to deal with this etc. FIGHT THE ENEMY. This unconstitutional law, the Levi organization and their demon priest guy etc. stop wasting ti and energy fighting things that are not the problem. Focus on the problem.
LEVO is done with their part. The new foe is OSP and Sheriffs who participate in the implementation. LEVO could dissolve today and we are still left with Measure 114.

LEVO is done with their part. The new foe is OSP and Sheriffs who participate in the implementation. LEVO could dissolve today and we are still left with Measure 114.
No they are not.

Not in the slightest.

They will be back with the assault weapons ban next year, that is a given. After that they likely will have more registry and confiscation type laws and also more bans.

Focus on the cause, not the symptoms. The cause is both the current measure 114 problem, which can be solved in the courts, and the false "grass roots" LEVO group that multnomah county residents see as their savior and protection. Only activity addressing those causes should be used. Everything else is a distraction from our mission. I'm tired of arguing about bs and symptoms when we need to focus on the cause. Just stop it for God's sake.

Very simply if we don't shut down's Levo's false credibility with the Multnomah county voters we will always be playing defense against their most recently passed unconstitutional law.

You're misinterpreting what's going on. No one is saying that OSP and the Sheriffs are the bad guy. LEV is a national organization and has been emboldened by the passage of 114. They have publicly stated that their goal is an AWB. 114 is just one step.

ETA: don't get drawn in by one battle or one battlefield. There is a much larger and more dangerous big picture out there.

You're misinterpreting what's going on. No one is saying that OSP and the Sheriffs are the bad guy. LEV is a national organization and has been emboldened by the passage of 114. They have publicly stated that their goal is an AWB. 114 is just one step.
I may be misunderstanding. If somebody like OSP and the Sheriff Depts help implement Measure 114 how are they good guys?

I may be misunderstanding. If somebody like OSP and the Sheriff Depts help implement Measure 114 how are they good guys?
They are neither good guys nor bad guys, just pieces on the board. They will implement as they see fit and as their resources allow.

Again, don't get wrapped up in the minutia. I distracts you, takes up energy, and in the end, doesn't make any difference.

From my point of view a train wreck means that 114 is a total disaster that doesn't work as the bill writers want.

Of course folks see my ideas as over the top but just imagine the sherriff telling the bill sponsors that the dept plans to train folks with the AR 15. Put yourself in the anti gun shoes when the Sherriff follows the law and uses their own police training system using guns the left hates.

It would be the easiest route as departments are set up to train with those guns.

It's a pipe dream for sure but it would do what folks want.

Maybe somebody should sue the State to make sure they don't do any background checks after the measure takes effect?
There are some organizations that support the 2nd Amendment here in The USA, isn't there? N-something-A? Gio, GO- something something? You know, people donate money and they fight battles like this? We know the local gun shops didn't give a flying F*** when universal BGC went it. They even came in after the law went into affect charging $50.00 for a tranfer!

Last Edited:
I added edit to OP. So now we figure out how to help the train wreck happen?
Let me clarify my perspective; we are caught in a catch 22. On one hand, we do our part to go along with this law and help it be implemented in a smooth manner. This helps current gun shops and hopefully encourages Oregonians to keep buying firearms/exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. This also validates the pro-114 side and makes the measure seem not nearly as burdensome as it really is (thus making all the arguments from our side seem disingenuous).

On the other hand, we stay hands off and let those who are in charge of figuring out how to implement the measure go about their business. This will inherently lead to many disgruntled gun owners, reduced firearms sales, the closure of gun shops, and likely have a noticeable impact on the ability of minorities to acquire (or rather not acquire) firearms. This has the unfortunate side effect of slowing the distribution of firearms in the state, as well as forcing many people out of their livelihoods. However, this will highlight just how damaging, overbearing, and useless this bill is.

I feel bad for anybody just getting into firearms, and hold nothing against them if they comply with measure 114 so they can build their collection and exercise their Constitutional right. However, I just think that when playing the "long-game," the second scenario I laid out is better for our cause.

Just thinking out loud again. If the Sherriff is approached right with the idea that their dept gets new guns bought by the state as they use their old guns for training then the Sherriff sees something to gain and be able to stick it to the state.

I, for one, blame the non-voters for this measure passing but I don't have any intel to support that opinion. That being said, "we" need to make sure that this issue does not divide us and make us easier to conquer. Best not to get all haired up till we see just how this all comes down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top