JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tried to give the measure text another careful read with respect to the "permit to purchase" provisions. I've come to the conclusion that it is perfectly legal to travel to any other state, acquire a firearm in compliance with local laws, and then return to Oregon. Does anyone disagree?

I suppose this raises other procedural questions for this kind of scenarion: whether any states prohibit this, whether they contact the county of residence, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have input on this.
I agree it will still be legal but some FFLs may be reluctant to agree.

Watched the Utube video from the Cinnabar on the measure yesterday. He seemed to know his stuff and was saying that the anti gun groups spent 1.5 million to pass this measure and all the pro gun groups spent a total of 40 thousand to defeat it. If this is true where is all the money we have donated going? Where is OFF, NRA etc? Of course the next day i get a e-mail from OFF asking for more money. Just don't know what to think.

Watched the Utube video from the Cinnabar on the measure yesterday. He seemed to know his stuff and was saying that the anti gun groups spent 1.5 million to pass this measure and all the pro gun groups spent a total of 40 thousand to defeat it. If this is true where is all the money we have donated going? Where is OFF, NRA etc? Of course the next day i get a e-mail from OFF asking for more money. Just don't know what to think.
Yikes!

Parenthetically, my wife asked a good question the other day: did anyone see an anti-114 television ad? I watch nearly zero television, but sometimes we have Pluto streaming at night. They kept running the same damn pro-114 ad over and over. Not a one against it. Granted, however, that is not much of a sample.

Yikes!

Parenthetically, my wife asked a good question the other day: did anyone see an anti-114 television ad? I watch nearly zero television, but sometimes we have Pluto streaming at night. They kept running the same damn pro-114 ad over and over. Not a one against it. Granted, however, that is not much of a sample.
Radio had a NO on114 ads toward the end. But I only listen to KXL, and some of the AM talk stations. I'm thinking the only NO ads were on KXL.

Just thinking that full display of psychopathic corruption will be on full display in the near term when the ballot measure will be certified. Those that approve the measure will full know the Bruen Supreme Ct decision that negates much of 114. However, them knowing Bruen; the measure will be approved and their mode is let the "Nos" prove it in court. Too bad there is no punishment on their end for the transgression because they are immune. 114 was voted in by the brain trust voters in Portland and Eugene who are generally offensive voters.

If you don't belong to a gun club then order ten round mags for your guns today. You can't take any standard mags out in public when 114 takes affect. Join a gun club if you want to practice with your standard mags.
If you have a good gun club, that is an option, but not one I will be choosing locally. Too many abysmal experiences with the local club to ever voluntarily give them any of my money again. One bad experience is a fluke, two is a trend, three is evidence of a habitual problem. Hopefully they will learn some humility through these dark days. But I'd rather spend the money where it will do good.

I will do what I can to support local business as long as I can, but I won't reward arrogance just because it is the only game in town.

So I guess I get some ten round mags, move out of this state, or we band together and fight this draconian crap.

Yikes!

I watch 3 things on television, 2 of them recorded so I fast-forward through the commercials. I listen to no radio at all.

I refuse to be on Facebook. I do not Tweet or read Twitter. I trash junk mail, both email and paper mail. I don't answer phone calls from unrecognized numbers or with uninformative caller-ID.

I don't think I'm alone in this.

This is a perennial question: how does someone communicate with people with the same media preferences as I have?

Parallel question: how do we communicate with people who get all their info from radio and tv and twitter? As noted, seems like very few TV ads opposing 114; what little TV advertising for elections I saw was back to back to back one candidate then his/her opponent - and it repeated the same ads many times.

Any media consultants around who can explain 'impressions' and effectiveness and costs?

I watch 3 things on television, 2 of them recorded so I fast-forward through the commercials. I listen to no radio at all.

I refuse to be on Facebook. I do not Tweet or read Twitter. I trash junk mail, both email and paper mail. I don't answer phone calls from unrecognized numbers or with uninformative caller-ID.

I don't think I'm alone in this.

This is a perennial question: how does someone communicate with people with the same media preferences as I have?

Parallel question: how do we communicate with people who get all their info from radio and tv and twitter? As noted, seems like very few TV ads opposing 114; what little TV advertising for elections I saw was back to back to back one candidate then his/her opponent - and it repeated the same ads many times.

Any media consultants around who can explain 'impressions' and effectiveness and costs?
I'm very similar to you in these ways and also wonder the percentage of brainless people who voted Yes on 114 simply because of the fact they heard it repeatedly on TV (obviously on more channels then not, they heard to vote yes) and most likely did with very minimal info on existing gun laws.

Last Edited:
Normally the internet is a echo chamber except when it comes to elections. I was inundated with "yes on 114" ads everywhere I clicked. They came into my corner of cyberspace to evangelize. Big outside bucks $$ from the POS wife of that guy who own The LA Clippers and other people like her who don't live in Oregon. That's how they got into my internet, normally a safe place for me.

People didn't vote for the specifics of 114, they voted "against guns" and all tangential ideas, perceived or real. This idea was planted upstream in the culture wars long ago by the materialist luciferian marxists.

We were defeated at the polls by single women who came out in support of abortion rights. Single women voted 3:1 along party lines, a greater disparity than any other demographic. That is a fact. Nobody read the specifics of the measure 114 except us. Not even that dumba* windbag Knutsen knows what's in it. Single women wanted to punch us in the face and that is what happened.

I'm very similar to you in these ways and also wonder the percentage of brainless people who voted no on 114 simply because of the fact they heard it repeatedly on TV (obviously on more channels then not, they heard to vote no) and most likely did with very minimal info on existing gun laws.
If you look at county results the brainless are predominantly in the Portland and Eugene areas.

Normally the internet is a echo chamber except when it comes to elections. I was inundated with "yes on 114" ads everywhere I clicked. They came into my corner of cyberspace to evangelize. Big outside bucks $$ from the POS wife of that guy who own The LA Clippers and other people like her who don't live in Oregon. That's how they got into my internet, normally a safe place for me.

People didn't vote for the specifics of 114, they voted "against guns" and all tangential ideas, perceived or real. This idea was planted upstream in the culture wars long ago by the materialist luciferian marxists.

We were defeated at the polls by single women who came out in support of abortion rights. Single women voted 3:1 along party lines, a greater disparity than any other demographic. That is a fact. Nobody read the specifics of the measure 114 except us. Not even that dumba* windbag Knutsen knows what's in it. Single women wanted to punch us in the face and that is what happened.
My response to the pro abortionist is my AR15 has never killed a baby! Unlike them🔥

Last Edited:
Moved away from Oregon to TN some years ago with an eye on coming back someday if things improved. I did what I could to fight against this BS when I lived there in Springfield.....Read on the news it finally happened, and as you know they will push for even more. Sickening the the uneven Political situation in OR.

The question was "Now What?" I wish I knew but the recent record breaking gun purchase escalation tells you not everyone is on board. Hopefully most of these are new gun owners? Seek them out and turn them into 2ndA priority voters.

Good luck Oregon and God Bless

Yikes!

Stations won't air them.

I was working with a group in AZ years ago that was fighting some anti-gun BS. The TV and radio stations all refused to sell ad time to our group.

Stations won't air them.

I was working with a group in AZ years ago that was fighting some anti-gun BS. The TV and radio stations all refused to sell ad time to our group.
I believe I learned that to be true in the California media markets of San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles - print and broadcast. A few billboard types would accept non-'mainstream' content, and some of the smaller radio stations.

There used to be the 'Fairness Doctrine' and there still is the 'equal time rule', but ET applies to candidates, not issues.

A different from usual spin on 'your money is no good here'.

Wikipedia says
The equal-time rule was created due to concerns that broadcast stations could easily manipulate the outcome of elections by presenting just one point of view and excluding other candidates.
... which is exactly what we see.

Maybe it would take a lawsuit to establish the 'equal time rule' should also apply to issues - failure to accept paid advertising for opposing views would be a donation to supporters of the side they want to broadcast; I don't know if that has been tried.

ETA 11-19
Good article at the Federalist about GOP campaigns, https://thefederalist.com/2022/11/18/the-gops-political-consultant-problem/

Because there is a financial incentive for consultants to keep pushing the same strategies they've used for 40 years, it will be incredibly hard for Republicans to start investing in the necessary resources to establish an effective ground game that rivals their Democrat opponents.

Last Edited:
Maybe because blowing up churches is a hate crime?
Only if you're on a certain political side of the spectrum. There have been multiple accounts of church arsons, stabbings, shootings, and vandalism by antifa the past two years that have never even been prosecuted, let alone charged as a hate crime.

Yet if we were to so much as stroll by Knutson's church while humming the national anthem we would be charged with a hate crime. It is the two tier justice system.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top