JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me spew my bs just a bit more then I will move on. Under 114 we have one or more antifa rioters carrying guns with magazines that fit as a demeanor, will they be arrested and prosecuted under a Portland DA?

A good citizen, middle class conservative accidently leaves a loaded magazine where it's seen by a cop who pulls him over for expired tags. Magazine is illegal under 114 so does the Portland DA prosecute him?

Good luck gents, I am done here and time for breakfast.
Words have meanings. The black letter law relies on the meaning of words being non-fluid. This is what lawyers are for. The government cannot prosecute people based on what they WISH the law said. The law is the WORDS and their common meaning. If you don't understand the specific statements made in the law and their meanings, then please go get some legal advice rather than saying the law must be ambiguous because YOU don't understand it. "...recreational activities SUCH AS hunting..." very simply means "recreational activities of many unspecified kinds". The clear meaning is that whatever recreational activities were legal to enjoy with a 30 round magazine before M114 will be legal activities after M114 *IF* you possessed the 30 round magazine legally prior to M114.

I got word this morning (11/20/2022) that OFF is about to file a suit and motion for injunctive relief to prevent implementation of M114 until its constitutionality can be litigated. OFF is said to be spearheading the suit with the backing of FPC/SAF. Other major organizations are also in the fight (GOA, OOC, NRA-ILA). Almost every point in the measure has already been struck down in federal court in other venues. I'd be surprised if we don't get the injunction, and even more surprised if the measure survives judicial scrutiny intact.

I got word this morning (11/20/2022) that OFF is about to file a suit and motion for injunctive relief to prevent implementation of M114 until its constitutionality can be litigated. OFF is said to be spearheading the suit with the backing of FPC/SAF. Other major organizations are also in the fight (GOA, OOC, NRA-ILA). Almost every point in the measure has already been struck down in federal court in other venues. I'd be surprised if we don't get the injunction, and even more surprised if the measure survives judicial scrutiny intact.
I hope you are correct. But nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the stupidity of the current system.

I hope you are correct. But nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the stupidity of the current system.

Is there some strategy involved here as far as GOA, NRA, Second Amendment Foundation not filing lawsuits? Is it not kosher to have more than one lawsuit filed?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top