JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let this be a thread for questions that have Not been posted in other 114 related threads. I'll start:

- Do you think that Local Gun Stores will be shutting their doors because of this? Similar to some stores already that are not accepting transfers. I dont think stores can stay afloat while waiting for this law to get its act together.

- Say you're in the process of getting a suppressor and the store shuts down?

- When is the cut off for buying standard capacity magazines in oregon, I see different dates in all the threads. January 15th? 180 days? 30 days after voting?
(GlobalOrdinance has AR15 steel mags at 4.99Ea by the way)

-The NICS queue is OVER 10K with CHL being about 1500 (from other posts last night) DOES THIS ESSENTIALLY PUT A FREEZE ON GUN SALES?? The system is being over loaded..

Thanks for all your input. I'm sorry we all have to deal with this crap but I hope you all know there is no way this will stand very long.. just wait for the lawsuits or supreme court to jump in. But for now this is what we have to deal with. Please post all your questions going foreward!

Last Edited:
Or, we could merge all of the threads so I don't have to post in 40 different places!

If you don't belong to a gun club then order ten round mags for your guns today. You can't take any standard mags out in public when 114 takes affect. Join a gun club if you want to practice with your standard mags.

I'm educating others of the impending consequences so they can make their critical purchases before December 7th (intriguing that the cutoff date is the same as the Pearl Harbor attack).

Personally, I made the rifle purchases I was planning for next year a bit early so I don't have to deal with the Permit fiasco. Hoping there will be an injunction to prevent my access to an Enumerated right while the state gets the funding, facilities and resources together to support those requirements.

I'm identifying the groups who will be taking on this fight and making sure I support them. It gets down to who is effective and relentless that will put the money to good use as opposed to the Not Really Aggressive grifters. Other firearms I was planning to purchase next year will have those monies donated to whoever is spearheading the legal fight. I;m also going to be writing gun manufacturers and ask them if they are supporting the effort and if not then why.

I'm also looking at shopping donation programs like Amazon Smile which I currently use to support SAF. Over the last few years that has added up to about $60. Not much, but it didn't cost me a dime. Imagine if every NWFA forum member did the same let alone every firearm owner?

I used to donate similarly to OFF through the Fred Meyer program, but when I went in to check it turns out that OFF and SAF are no longer supported there. They just quietly made the change with no notification.

I have already apologized to my Maker for having prayed that those who voted for this abomination get to experience the unintended violence it will create personally. I pretty much need to do that every day.

Considering opening a store just across the Idaho border in Fruitland that specializes in magazine sales.

I'm educating others of the impending consequences so they can make their critical purchases before December 7th (intriguing that the cutoff date is the same as the Pearl Harbor attack).

Personally, I made the rifle purchases I was planning for next year a bit early so I don't have to deal with the Permit fiasco. Hoping there will be an injunction to prevent my access to an Enumerated right while the state gets the funding, facilities and resources together to support those requirements.

I'm identifying the groups who will be taking on this fight and making sure I support them. It gets down to who is effective and relentless that will put the money to good use as opposed to the Not Really Aggressive grifters. Other firearms I was planning to purchase next year will have those monies donated to whoever is spearheading the legal fight. I;m also going to be writing gun manufacturers and ask them if they are supporting the effort and if not then why.

I'm also looking at shopping donation programs like Amazon Smile which I currently use to support SAF. Over the last few years that has added up to about $60. Not much, but it didn't cost me a dime. Imagine if every NWFA forum member did the same let alone every firearm owner?

I used to donate similarly to OFF through the Fred Meyer program, but when I went in to check it turns out that OFF and SAF are no longer supported there. They just quietly made the change with no notification.

I have already apologized to my Maker for having prayed that those who voted for this abomination get to experience the unintended violence it will create personally. I pretty much need to do that every day.

Considering opening a store just across the Idaho border in Fruitland that specializes in magazine sales.
Thank you for your insight and I completely agree that what has been done by the oregon 2A community has proven ITS NOT ENOUGH. Now were going to need outside help to reverse this. I am completely under the assumption that due to the Bruen decision this WILL NOT FLY in Oregon. But it SCREWS people trying to do anything with firearms in the mean time. RIP my collection lmao..

I've donated via Amazon Smile to Gun Owners Foundation for years. Glad even woke anti-gun Amazon allows this.

As for Fred Meyer, I just checked my receipt from yesterday, they are still allowing my donation to OFF Educational Foundation.

If you don't belong to a gun club then order ten round mags for your guns today. You can't take any standard mags out in public when 114 takes affect. Join a gun club if you want to practice with your standard mags.
You will still be able to use them for recreational purposes on public lands where shooting is otherwise legal.

Thank you for your insight and I completely agree that what has been done by the oregon 2A community has proven ITS NOT ENOUGH. Now were going to need outside help to reverse this. I am completely under the assumption that due to the Bruen decision this WILL NOT FLY in Oregon. But it SCREWS people trying to do anything with firearms in the mean time. RIP my collection lmao..
Problem is that it will take a minimum of five years to overturn and more likely closer to ten due to the legal process.

Bigger still we are a hair from a Blue Senate and if we get a Blue Congress the court will be packed quicker than we will get an AWB in Oregon now that Republicans won't be able to prevent quorum (another "grass roots" imitative that was just passed).

If you are allowed to purchase virtually any semi auto in Oregon after that "emergency" legislation (thus preventing Voter referendum to recall) this time next year I will be shocked.

Please stop spewing this nonsense. Go back and read the measure before posting again. If you need help, I'll be glad to walk you through it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top