JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TL;DR - so excuse me if someone has already addressed this, and/or someone feels it is spinning off topic, but I am thinking about "what is next".

Fighting the measure in court is a given. Dealing with the law until it is defeated in court (or not), that is probably discussed quite a bit.

I was thinking beyond that. I was thinking about follow on legislation (whether it passes or not).

First, the state will have a database of the permits. This is just more data for the state to use in future confiscation efforts.
I expect the state to follow thru with some of what California & WA have done so far:

Registration of "Assault weapons" including presently owned guns, and guns imported by people moving into Oregon (possibly with data sharing between the three west coast states.

Maybe whitelists of firearms you can buy.

BGCs for ammo.

Prohibition of unserialized "home made" guns or otherwise .Treating "80%" guns as 100% guns.

Personally I intend to continue to stockpile ammo over time until such time as BGCs for ammo are required.
Part of what LEVO has planned is an "Expanded" database of "Assault Weapons" like what Cali did, requiring you to register your sh!t or else!
they are going to try the Assault Weapons Ban this time around, and I expect to see additional crap tacked on, on top of that! They will likely also go after the Ghost Guns too, pretty much in lock step with Cali!
Expect Gun Owners Insurance as well at some point, ether LEVO tries it, or the Carpet Muncher will try it!

Part of what LEVO has planned is an "Expanded" database of "Assault Weapons" like what Cali did, requiring you to register your sh!t or else!
they are going to try the Assault Weapons Ban this time around, and I expect to see additional crap tacked on, on top of that! They will likely also go after the Ghost Guns too, pretty much in lock step with Cali!
Expect Gun Owners Insurance as well at some point, ether LEVO tries it, or the Carpet Muncher will try it!
Time for SCOTUS to take their strongest stance ever and outright protect the Second Amendment from these marxists…

I don't know. A lot of members here seem to believe that the Bruen decision is a magic bullet or cure-all for everything. From the New York state bar association website:

It is important to note that Bruen does not undo the licensing requirements, e.g., fingerprinting, background checks and training, that exist in many states in order to possess a firearm, nor does it repeal the prohibitions that exist under federal and state law regarding who is qualified to possess a firearm. Justices Kavanaugh and Alito, in their concurrences, highlight that the Bruen decision does not undo the types of legitimate gun restrictions that were addressed in Heller and McDonald. These earlier seminal Supreme Court decisions acknowledged that the Second Amendment does not entitle a person "to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose." They recognized the legitimacy of longstanding prohibitions on who can possess firearms and forbidding their possession in sensitive places, such as schools and government buildings, and specifically noted that these regulatory measures were only examples and not exhaustive.

Sure, Alan Gottlieb filed a lawsuit last summer over the Washington magazine ban, that's likey what will happen next month in Oregon as well. But I personally have no expectation of ever legally purchasing a 20 round magazine in Washington state again in MY lifetime. Hope I'm wrong.
Justice Kavanaugh wrote that the permit applied to carrying a firearm in public, not for purchase. At least that's what I see on the Ballotpedia summary. One of the LEVO attorneys has said several times that SCOTUS has ruled that permits are OK, but she failed to mention carry and inferred that it applied to purchase. Unfortunately, the outright lies of these people rarely get challenged.

ETA: I noticed that Roberts joined that opinion.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top