JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody else notice the map on the newscast? it shows the apartment at 12th and powell yet they keep saying gresham and the apartment says gresham on it. Im glad that intruder was shot, better than giving him the luxury of prison, but i hope he gets that too.

Wow a story on the news that doesn't have a negative twist on guns. How refreshing :).
Nope, it was pretty positive. That has been happening more and more lately.

Still...I hate to say it, but my spidey-sense is tingling a little bit regarding this shoot though. The guy is being awfully talkative and the circumstances are a bit curious.

I"m guessing its 1205 E Powell in Gresham, but the graphics guy pulled up a map of Portland 1205 E Powell.

If they're talking to Gresham Police, it had to be there.

Nope, it was pretty positive. That has been happening more and more lately.

Still...I hate to say it, but my spidey-sense is tingling a little bit regarding this shoot though. The guy is being awfully talkative and the circumstances are a bit curious.

That's an interesting take. It is curious that two spanish speakers came pounding on his door.

I'm surprised so many people shoot for limbs (shoot to injure) instead of shoot to stop the threat (center of mass). I used to think that way when I was a kid but not any more.

I am glad the guy's family is okay.

But Did he do The right thing.. Shoot to stop and not shoot to kill? i know that scenario has been discussed in a different thread

Yeah i agree that's a good question. It's like which one do you have more of a chance to get sued for, sued by the BG for shooting him and him being injured or get sued by his fam for killing the BG. :huh:

Wow a story on the news that doesn't have a negative twist on guns. How refreshing :).

It's nice to see someone reporting news instead of bashing guns, yes!

This man had all of his firearms confiscated after the shooting and was arrested for a period of time. Mr. Sterrett from OFF (sponsor) is working with him to resolve the issue but in the meantime he has no way to defend himself... bummer. Short of buying another gun and hoping the cops release his firearms back to him.

:huh::huh:

But Did he do The right thing.. Shoot to stop and not shoot to kill? i know that scenario has been discussed in a different thread

You should never shoot to 'kill' when it comes to your police statement or other legal proceedings. You only shoot to stop the threat which to me means that you shoot at center of mass or the head. The point I was making earlier was why would you put your life at further risk by shooting to injure only. A leg shot or arm shot isn't going to incapacitate a BG. If the guy was on drugs it easily could have infuriated him more instead of making him run away.

Anyway, I believe the best way to stop a threat is by a lethal shot but killing the BG wouldn't not be my intent. It's kind of ambiguous but I think in a court trial what you say regarding the shooting will make or break you. :s0159:

Oh great. They took his guns? He has two BG's mad at him and his guns are gone?

Oh wait. I don't have any guns either. Well, maybe a couple of them... :)

Well I know Kevin Sterrett of OFF, he introduced me this evening to the man and is kind of helping through the process of getting his guns back from GPD. Since the cops still have his firearms they both came in and purchased a weapon from me to protect his daughter. He doesn't know if the intruder is incarcerated or not, the detective isn't being very forthcoming with the information so far.
It's just aggravating to know that even if you aren't being charged with a crime, that the police still can handcuff you, hold you, and confiscate your property. It's a messed up world we live in!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top