JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going to ask if this was proof that the Sig will or will not go off on it's own like our resident troll.
Love the whole sig thing. I'm not a sig guy but it's funny that none of the complaints were from loaded firearms just sitting there doing nothing and going off lol. It's always a cop or somebody who's either drawing or reholstering, or carrying improperly.

Again, I'm not a sig guy, but the amount of crazy panic selling of sigs that everyone did..... I'm sure plenty of folks got some great deals on some perfectly fine sigs ha ha!

What a wuss! Musta been raised by a single mother and no one around to teach him about the wonders of duct tape.

Squirt a bit of windex on it and tape it up.... he'll be fine. :s0155:

Last Edited:
What did a heart attack feel like? And secondly what did driving yourself to the hospital AFTER a heart attack feel like?!
Hurt like hell, 9.5 out of 10 and yes, I've been punched before (more than once...). The pressure on my chest seriously felt like that cliche "elephant standing on your chest" that you hear. You can't believe nothing has burst from the pressure.

And I drove to the hospital during the heart attack, not after. It was pretty close though - it was getting progressively worse, and I coded a couple of minutes after I got to the ER.

Hurt like hell, 9.5 out of 10 and yes, I've been punched before (more than once...). The pressure on my chest seriously felt like that cliche "elephant standing on your chest" that you hear. You can't believe nothing has burst from the pressure.

And I drove to the hospital during the heart attack, not after. It was pretty close though - it was getting progressively worse, and I coded a couple of minutes after I got to the ER.
What does everyone have against ambulances? You pay for VIP treatment and no waiting in line. Complementary Oregon.

On two separate occasions I was waiting in line at a hospital and someone pushing an old timer runs in yelling, he's having a heart attack. One at Kaiser (Hillsboro) before the new building and the other at the VA. Kaiser flatly said we can't do anything. Take him to a hospital. The VA said, take a number.

I've had a few rides in the murder wagons in my time. You don't always get "the best of the best" crews. Shockingly, the good crews look the part and the B-Team look their part as well. Tuck in your shirt son and the Oxygen is for me. Geez.

However, if you survive the ride, you still get in first.

What does everyone have against ambulances? You pay for VIP treatment and no waiting in line. Complementary Oregon.

On two separate occasions I was waiting in line at a hospital and someone pushing an old timer runs in yelling, he's having a heart attack. One at Kaiser (Hillsboro) before the new building and the other at the VA. Kaiser flatly said we can't do anything. Take him to a hospital. The VA said, take a number.

I've had a few rides in the murder wagons in my time. You don't always get "the best of the best" crews. Shockingly, the good crews look the part and the B-Team look their part as well. Tuck in your shirt son and the Oxygen is for me. Geez.

However, if you survive the ride, you still get in first.
You'll be pleased to know that I have revised my 911 calling procedure regarding health issues.

Also, I walked straight through a room full of waiting patients and was waved into the triage nurse's office. Heart attack victims, it seems, go to the front of the line no matter how they arrive.

But yes, if you think you're having a heart attack, call 911; don't drive yourself.

Last Edited:

This is why I always have a 9 volt battery handy to lick.

lol, not really

"He said they were drinking bourbon and cleaning their guns when the man accidentally depressed the trigger and fired a round into his own left thigh. Miller said he then drove himself to the hospital, but lost consciousness and hit the pillar near the entrance to The Center."

Sounds like an IDPA stage...

"He said they were drinking bourbon and cleaning their guns when the man accidentally depressed the trigger and fired a round into his own left thigh. Miller said he then drove himself to the hospital, but lost consciousness and hit the pillaro pull the trigger near the entrance to The Center."

Sounds like an IDPA stage...

He was probably going through the Glock field strip procedure and got to the part where you have to pull the trigger.
I wish I was lyin' but you have to unload the striker to get the slide off.
He'll now check for a clear chamber, I guarantee.

Crazy!!!!
Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad you're OK

Also, I walked straight through a room full of waiting patients and was waved into the triage nurse's office. Heart attack victims, it seems, go to the front of the line no matter how they arrive.
At Group Health, now Kaiser, when you walk into urgent care / ER, you just say the word heart and you go to the head of the line.

What did a heart attack feel like?
They always tell you, "If you think you are having heart attack symptoms, go to the ER." So there was a time I was having issues with costochondritis, which is pain in the rib joints. Three trips to the ER, the usual diagnostic things, no cardiac event. Later, when I came down with deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) in my leg and lungs, I'd felt the chunks passing through my heart valves (but didn't realize what was going on). They were smallish and fortunately they didn't get stuck in my heart valves. But: As the clots were passing through my heart, hitting the valves on their way through triggered some heart "attack" like symptoms, such as chest pain, tightness, immediate sweating, the weird, classic "impending doom" feeling. I experienced that several times before I presented at the ER for the clots in my left lower leg, whereupon they found the clots had migrated to my lungs. Now I'm on Eliquis for life, haven't had any of those symptoms since. You don't want to mess around with this stuff. When in doubt, be seen. If it turns out to be nothing, you have no reason to feel foolish.

A 90 day supply of Eliquis costs about $800, but I only pay $120 of that, Kaiser pays the rest.

At Group Health, now Kaiser, when you walk into urgent care / ER, you just say the word heart and you go to the head of the line.

They always tell you, "If you think you are having heart attack symptoms, go to the ER." So there was a time I was having issues with costochondritis, which is pain in the rib joints. Three trips to the ER, the usual diagnostic things, no cardiac event. Later, when I came down with deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) in my leg and lungs, I'd felt the chunks passing through my heart valves (but didn't realize what was going on). They were smallish and fortunately they didn't get stuck in my heart valves. But: As the clots were passing through my heart, hitting the valves on their way through triggered some heart "attack" like symptoms, such as chest pain, tightness, immediate sweating, the weird, classic "impending doom" feeling. I experienced that several times before I presented at the ER for the clots in my left lower leg, whereupon they found the clots had migrated to my lungs. Now I'm on Eliquis for life, haven't had any of those symptoms since. You don't want to mess around with this stuff. When in doubt, be seen. If it turns out to be nothing, you have no reason to feel foolish.

A 90 day supply of Eliquis costs about $800, but I only pay $120 of that, Kaiser pays the rest.
Good to hear you've got that sorted out.

The CPR done on me cracked a few ribs, so I frequently had random chest pains. That was usually easy to tell from a heart attack, but was occasionally accompanied by shortness of breath, and a tight feeling in the chest, which is another matter entirely. I had a few false alarms in the next few months, but everyone at the hospital was quite insistent that I did the right thing. Quick ride in a shiny red truck, a few hours being poked and prodded, and fortunately zero deductible from my at the time "Cadillac health care plan".

Crazy! I've heard of the "impending doom" feeling I just can't imagine how that feels. Maybe you can explain that? But maybe it's something you can't explain you just know once you feel it.

Also, crazy that you could literally feel the clots passing through your heart. What the heck did that feel like

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top