JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would they confiscate all his guns? I thought they would only need to temporarily confiscate the weapon that was fired in the incident. What do all the other guns have to do with anything?

I"m guessing its 1205 E Powell in Gresham, but the graphics guy pulled up a map of Portland 1205 E Powell.

If they're talking to Gresham Police, it had to be there.

1205 E. Powell is a notorious apartment building in Gresham, well known for drugs and other urban games, a few short blocks from Keith's Gun Shop. The graphics guy / gal at channel 12 just got lazy and didn't double check for accuracy.

images.jpg

That's what I would like to know. Why do they have to clean out your safe if they have the weapon used in the shooting?

Because, the police are conducting a thorough investigation. I know some may find this difficult to believe, but sometimes people lie to cops. Shocking, I know, but true. All guns on the premises are examined for recent use, if for no other reason than to verify the victim's version of events. If for some reason something like this goes to court months from now, some defense attorney will rip the cops in front of a jury for not conducting a thorough investigation.

The shooter in this case is an idiot for talking to the media and putting his child's face on TV. If these bad guys are hard-core, they now know what his child looks like if they are bent on revenge.

I agree he was dumb for putting his daughter on camera, but I think he was just trying to be the honest citizen and report what happened.

Police have too much blind authority these days, we sit back and don't question it, or when we do question it hurts us more than helps.

I agree that some police think they have, and try to take too much authority and if we don't know our rights we can lose. Not all cops of course. Just some.

I don't believe I would have allowed them to take all of my guns if the story is what is reported. I would have asked them to get their sergeant out, and then the chief, and I'd have been on my cell with my attorney.

Someone would have had to explain to me why they had the right to take more than the evidence including the weapon I used. They might have cuffed me and taken me to jail for refusing, but then the burden is on them.

Any right to take all of my guns in that situation is news to me.

$.02

Apparently it's completely legal for them to confiscate every one of your firearms. I'm just stunned they would do that and leave him still in the apartments without any protection! Maybe he's got a katana lol.

But I helped remedy that, came in last night right at closing and bought another piece.:gun03:

Apparently it's completely legal for them to confiscate every one of your firearms. I'm just stunned they would do that and leave him still in the apartments without any protection! Maybe he's got a katana lol.

But I helped remedy that, came in last night right at closing and bought another piece.:gun03:

Apparently... I wish someone would tell me how it's completely legal. It's news to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top