JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built up a BM 59 several years ago before the James River receivers were available, or even the recent influx of parts kits.

I got one partial set of parts off Gunbroker, and about 7 months later made a connection with a guy in Italy amd got the other parts except for a barrel or receiver. I was able to get a receiver from Garand guy, and then a barrel from Standard Parts LLC.

bmparts.jpg

bmpartsa.jpg

bmpartsb.jpg

If you notice the parts you will see That the barrel is incorrect as well as the reciever. I originally bought a Garand "tanker" barrel before I really knew what I was doing. I had a "BM59" several years ago that had been built up on a welded Garand receiver that never ran right. It was one of the Federal Ordnance ones that was morelike 1/2 Garand and 1/2 BM59.

The receiver I got from GG was almost correct, but the legs were still in Garand form.

receiver.jpg

After several minutes on line looking at pics of correct receivers, I got out the dremel with a metal cutting disk. Laid out the sut lines with masking tape and went at it.

cut_receiver.jpg

At the time there were no BM59 stocks available either, so I found a birch M1 Garand stock, cut it down in length, fitted the recoil pad, and then used a razor saw and a drill press to rough in the mag well. Finished thatoff with a flat mill file and sand paper.

This is what I ended up with;

DSCF5607.jpg

About a year later........the flood of BM59 parts hit the USA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top