JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built up a BM 59 several years ago before the James River receivers were available, or even the recent influx of parts kits.

I got one partial set of parts off Gunbroker, and about 7 months later made a connection with a guy in Italy amd got the other parts except for a barrel or receiver. I was able to get a receiver from Garand guy, and then a barrel from Standard Parts LLC.

bmparts.jpg

bmpartsa.jpg

bmpartsb.jpg

If you notice the parts you will see That the barrel is incorrect as well as the reciever. I originally bought a Garand "tanker" barrel before I really knew what I was doing. I had a "BM59" several years ago that had been built up on a welded Garand receiver that never ran right. It was one of the Federal Ordnance ones that was morelike 1/2 Garand and 1/2 BM59.

The receiver I got from GG was almost correct, but the legs were still in Garand form.

receiver.jpg

After several minutes on line looking at pics of correct receivers, I got out the dremel with a metal cutting disk. Laid out the sut lines with masking tape and went at it.

cut_receiver.jpg

At the time there were no BM59 stocks available either, so I found a birch M1 Garand stock, cut it down in length, fitted the recoil pad, and then used a razor saw and a drill press to rough in the mag well. Finished thatoff with a flat mill file and sand paper.

This is what I ended up with;

DSCF5607.jpg

About a year later........the flood of BM59 parts hit the USA.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top