JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pistol grip?

m1-grip.jpg

Bruce

Hate to ruin the fun, hand looks to far forward and out to be holding anything attached to the rifle. Could be just a photo that caught him moving his hand.
That was my first thought too; he was moving his hand the moment the photojournalist took the shot.

Anyway, interesting pic, and not the first time I've seen Haitian forces with the Garand. I've seen at least one in which their troops were armed with Ruger Mini-14s, but that was just a single photo.

Pistol grip?

View attachment 1248185

Bruce
There are Pics of Snipers in Korea using this technique of "Pinching" the trigger to the TG in order to minimize any adverse effect that gripping the "pistol grip" of the buttstock might have on movement of the rifle..

Play with it a wee bit just fer Shytes & Giggles.. :) :)

Last Edited:
RE : Post #8

Maybe, it/there was an attempt.....to make a homemade E2 style of stock for a Garand?

What's an E2 style of stock?

Yup....I can remember when the old Shotgun News had these stocks available.

Aloha, Mark

PS......BUT, But, but....
IMHO, it's probably the result of the photographer's timing. Perhaps, the shooter's hand was manipulating the "safety".

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top