JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I see the people on the local forums are alot more rude. Of course, this IS oregon and everywhere else Ive gone in the US has been alot nicer than oregonions.

I will have to say I agree with you here. I've actually been spending more time on the national forums than local forums... maybe too much rain in our lives?

Every forum gets its feel and direction from the owner, just as any company gets the same from its owner, or a Gov. agency from its Admin.

I don't think it matters whether its local or larger...will always depend on what the rules are, and the attitude of the people using the forum.

One must remember forums are privately owned, just like a residence. One doesn't have freedom of speech here, just as one doesn't have it in a house that's not yours.

It all boils down to the attitudes of all involved.

I go play at the 1911 forum and find that the mods are great at making sure that the idgits don't spoil it for the rest of us. I also have a deep relation with my COTEP buddies over in the Dan Wesson part of that forum. Quite a few north westerners in that forum. We have had a few get together's at local ranges. I just plum like forums that have people that want to be a part of the whole and not ones that want to poop on our parade. JMHO
Dave
Tattoo
69Charger

I will have to say I agree with you here. I've actually been spending more time on the national forums than local forums... maybe too much rain in our lives?

Im starting to think it is the rain! Statistics do say that people in sunny states are happier and live longer.....lol.

I think its mostly a numbers game. Forums with ten thousand members are more likely to have dozens and dozens of nitwits and rude people. Whereas the smaller forums may only have a handful.

Plus, Orygun and Warshington have just plain old nice people.

Now there's a scary thought.I know what the cigar is for,can't fool me..

Well not every one here know's Ding but at another local forum where Ding is well known we have a saying:

WWDD

What would Ding do!

Anyone that has been strafed by an AK and then bayoneted in Nam and lived can give me advice any day! :s0155:

There is a guy here who thinks guns are for killing; except for the ones he owns of course. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24521&highlight=ranb&page=2 He uses "facts" that he made up to support his absurd conclusions.

Another poster tries to discourage legal gun ownership by using scare tactics. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49&highlight=ranb&page=67 He does not have the courage to stand behind his words though. He deleted the post that offended some of the forum.

They do not need to be banned, but to be reminded of what it means to be an American. :)

Ranb

Glocktalk is quite entertaining. I enjoy thehighroad.org quite a bit as well. I have to say, it's tough to find a good sense of humor on NWFA. I had recently posted a video of Bush wiping his hands on Clinton after shaking hands with a Haitian. I thought it was funny, but the next guys response was: "what does this have to do with guns".

I guess from now on, if i'm going to post other than something directly related to guns, I'll have to post elsewhere.

Glocktalk is quite entertaining. I enjoy thehighroad.org quite a bit as well. I have to say, it's tough to find a good sense of humor on NWFA. I had recently posted a video of Bush wiping his hands on Clinton after shaking hands with a Haitian. I thought it was funny, but the next guys response was: "what does this have to do with guns".

I guess from now on, if i'm going to post other than something directly related to guns, I'll have to post elsewhere.

I was a frequenter of thehighroad, but after Oleg got booted, I haven't been back much. So when I go, it's to thehighroad.us

From what I see the people on the local forums are alot more rude. Of course, this IS oregon and everywhere else Ive gone in the US has been alot nicer than oregonions.

That's a unusual observation. I've always though folks in the Pacific Northwest were much nicer than people from the eastern seaboard. If you get away from the major population centers people tend to be nicer, no matter were you are.

As far a rudeness on-line, it depends on the moderators and how tight of rein they keep. NWFA is one of the nicer boards around, personal attacks are kept under control it seems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top