JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A wood burning kit costs about $15-$20 bucks and you can get all different tips from OTDefense. At least that's what I do.

Just an option.

Edit - I think ORW in Tigard used to offer stippling as a service. Not sure if they still do or how good their work is and how much it costs.

Last Edited:
Ive seen some really interesting stippling jobs done with laser engravers (lots of videos on youtube fyi) patterns that are otherwise near impossible to do by hand. Thats probably the direction i'd go with, if you can find a laser engraver willing to work on firearms that is.
Personally I try to find a non-permanent solution when possible before making permanent changes to a gun. Thats usually the cheaper option too.

Don't stipple if you ever plan to resell the gun. If you're keeping it forever then who cares.

If your stippling for cosmetics and looks than what the point…. The purpose of stipple is to get a better purchase on the gun.

If you take your time it's not difficult. Oh and by the way goon tape sucks. Haha. I tried going that route as well. But it may work for you. Good luck with your endeavors!

@JawsTheme if you do decide to attempt it I would practice on Magpul grips/mags first just so you can get the hang of it. I have messed up a few frames and it's a learning process but I am at a point now where I like the look and aggressive texture I am able to customize. I can't say the same for some of my earlier work. Haha.

I'm actually in the process of doing my first Gen 5 frame this week. Just trying to figure out the outline and border I want before I start.

@JawsTheme if you do decide to attempt it I would practice on Magpul grips/mags first just so you can get the hang of it. I have messed up a few frames and it's a learning process but I am at a point now where I like the look and aggressive texture I am able to customize. I can't say the same for some of my earlier work. Haha.

I'm actually in the process of doing my first Gen 5 frame this week. Just trying to figure out the outline and border I want before I start.
nah I'm never stippling my own guns or doing any sort of work like that. I'll leave it to experienced ppl for any alterations of that sort. Too expensive of a hobby to make mistakes with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top