JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking on my own here and not on the behalf of SGN I would like to see some of the guys that have left come back. Bobk for example. That whole thing was a little stupid. Funny but stupid. I even tried to explain it to you and edited your post for you so that it wouldn't say "too lazy to post pic's." Somehow I was still the bad guy. I do my best to be fair and level headed but sometimes it is just too much to handle from some of the guys. There are other guys that either left or were removed from SGN that I was glad to see go. They should have expected to be banned after ridiculous outbursts and such. Those are the guys that aren't welcome at SGN and as soon as they show their true colors over here it will be the same thing.

Now on a parting note: ANY firearms forum is a good forum for the most part. I may not frequent NWFA but I support the mods and admin for doing what they do. In the greater scheme of things we should all stick together and it shouldn't be a "this site is better than that site" mentality. So to those members here who I have offended over at SGN I apologize. To the admin and mods of this site, keep up the good work.

I can agree with what you say now 100% but considering you where one of the guys that jumped my stuff and called my wife out for a whore over a weapons platform debate that lead to me being banned I don't know if it holds much water.
To many of you guys over there want to turn small disagreements and discussions into nothing but internet pissing matches then they go to the point that you mods stop following your own rule's and it all goes to crap.

there are 2 of the 3 people that complained still welcome at sgn , Bob that was just a joke gone wrong
This is an excellent site good job to the mods and admin

I don't know, I don't see any bad behavior on The High Road, though I hear ARFCOM is bad. But on the local level, SGN is full of tards, including some of the moderators. I was a mod over there and they slowly dropped me off. Since I was one of the few mods that actually followed the rules and enforced them politely that they cut me lose as a mod because I wasn't a rude a-hole. Then they kicked me out of their "officers lounge" because I mentioned to a "non-officer" that a topic that involved her and another member who was an "officer" was discussed there. It didn't matter that I didn't say what was said. I guess they have their little clique and the first rule of "officers club" is to deny it's existence. I don't go there anymore unless I get a PM from someone. One of the other mods even created a troll account to make personal attacks against me in an effort to drive business away from me. So I make sure to drive business away from them, but then again, they do that fairly well themselves. They even have a private trades section where "officers" can make secret trades that aren't publicly available, and they deny it's existence. I don't care that they have a private area, just so long as they don't try and be so secretive about it to deny it and then flame anyone who mentions it.

Oh, speaking of the SGN trash. Look at them come over here to flame people and call names. Clearly not a decent person.

I just want to say that I have had the pleasure of meeting Celtic in person. He is a real nice guy who does some great work. He was always more than helpful when I had a question and went out of his way to work a deal with me. What happened over at SGN is too bad but what was worse is the way it happened. If anyone has a right to be upset, it's Celtic.

I just want to say that I have had the pleasure of meeting Celtic in person. He is a real nice guy who does some great work. He was always more than helpful when I had a question and went out of his way to work a deal with me. What happened over at SGN is too bad but what was worse is the way it happened. If anyone has a right to be upset, it's Celtic.

T.A. is one of the real good guys there, him and AR15L are good mods as well as stand up guys. It's sad to see what some of the other people are doing to ruin the place.

OH, T.A., I couldn't quite get those parts your dad welded up for me to quite work. The barrel is as tight as it can get without binding but it just isn't enough. I'm going to have to either scrap it or get the frame's feed ramp welded up too. And the mag latch just didn't quite work I'm going to try added some more weld. I think it just didn't stick out enough by the time I got a clean edge on it. The slide stop did improve some, but I think I over filed it a touch.

Tell your dad "thanks for the good work and the effort. It is appreciated."

Tactical Assault & Dementia, thanks for the kind words.

I did feel singled out. And I got very frusterated.

I am sincerely sorry for losing it.

Maybe I will pay you guys a visit over there. I do miss some of the people there.

To all.......... Enough is enough guys. We need to play nice.

I post a little on SGN, and have found it ok for the most part, but you do have to beware of rude backlash.

I post on here, and most everyone is civil. There are occasional differences in opinion, but that is expected, and from what I recall... each person's differing opinion was well supported, and there was nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'd say the particular thread was very fun and interesting, and I hope the original poster gained some insight from all the chit-chat. NWFA.com personally has a local flair that I like. It would also allow me to link up with local/semi local guys to go and have a blast with. Local social networking, even through a forum has its merits.

AR15 I am sort of indifferent to. I post there, occasionally, as it is a good source of information if you can find what you are after through the search feature. Not quite as responsive when directly posting questions... I sense a lot of gun snobbery there. Same with 1911forum.com... unless you are posting in like the Rock Island forum, or the Caspian forum.

I post on a forum called Surplusrifleforum.com. Yeah, the name is a no brainer. It isn't regional, nor national... but international... and it is by far one of the best gun forums I visit. Many of the guys on there are knowledgeable, and most everyone is friendly. I haven't seen too many "heated" discussions.... as we are all there to share a hobby, and learn. One of the side effects from learning over time is the dissemination of that knowledge. Great forum. I know that not all national forums will get this kind of praise. It was the first gun forum I signed up on (being more into military style arms, and genuine surplus than civilian styled firearms), and there is a reason I am still a participating forum member. In fact, if there was one gun forum that I wouldn't ditch, it's SRF.

The quality of a forum is directly linked to its participants, and the quality of the mods. This is a fun place, as well as a few others. Thumbs up!

I think one thing that we must ALWAYS bear in mind, is that as gun owners... we are ALL on the same side. There shouldn't be any division among the surplus lovers, the shotgunners, the riflemen.... we are all firearms owners. That's good enough for me.

Last Edited:
From what I see the people on the local forums are alot more rude. Of course, this IS oregon and everywhere else Ive gone in the US has been alot nicer than oregonions.

Go to California if you really want to see some rude people. People in Oregon are much nicer, and more polite. Plus, they don't drive so aggressively.

I have been a member since it was .org and matt was running it. I have never had a problem with the site or the Mods. But I follow the rules, help members when I can. Just my 2 cents.

LOL, well, the only pics out there in the interwebz are the ones I put on my facebook page and I'm not ashamed of them. We never met in person. The few times they had get togethers I was never invited and then chewed out for not showing. Then when I was invited to go on a shoot out that I couldn't afford to go to I got scolded for not going. I'm not rolling in dough and can't afford to go spend a weekend drinking beer and blowing through a thousand rounds of precious ammo just to hob nob.

I'm completely different here than I am in person. I'm getting a lot less interested in taking on any debates here, though.

My feedback says I'm a really nice guy. Sometimes my posts don't say that if I feel I'm dealing with an idgit though.

Also it's a lot harder to let a true personality come through when you're just quickly typing something.

$.02

JWest, Celtic Armory, take the personal beef elsewhere. This has nothing to do with NWFA and if it surfaces again we will just get rid of the problem.

To everyone else I'm asking nicely please just leave SGN be. NWFA is not the place to start a forum war with another gun forum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top