JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not found "local" forums to be any more, or less, civil than the big national forums. The sigforums are great and they have a "no miscreant" behavior policy that is mostly adhered to; the glock sites...terrible.

I am fairly new to this forum and have found most people really nice, but there are several threads even on this site that are, hmm, "unfortunate".

DJM

PBP-

The same thing is said of small towns vs. big cities. Small towns you can't screw up with out everybody knowing in 20 minutes where as if in the big city you can 'hide in plain sight'.

On this forum there is a good chance we will eventually meet at a gun show. That would be very embarrassing if you where that 19 year old kid who posted a pic of himself wearing camouflage and some kind of "sniper net" over his face while posing in front his moms bathroom mirror holding his Olympic Arms CAR-15 in an aggressive manner telling me that "I wouldn't want to meet him". I sent a message to a moderator of that sight and apparently that kid was a friend of the moderator as the only reply I got was a "not going to do anything about it".

Hmmmm..... not the Jr. high mentality I want to affiliate myself with. It is a popular sight with a lot of drama associated with it so it is just best to avoid it.

SF-

lol not trying to start a fight here ;) but I understood the comments by this guy as more of his own paranoia .....

I did not read that as paranoid. Because if he is paranoid about anyone finding about about his gun collection, then by posting here he is not paranoid enough. :) But I'm not going to fight about it, except with him. Haha.

Ranb

Maybe I am just blind, but I just do not see the same ratio of internet commandos on the local sites that i see on the national forums. A whole lot smaller percentage of the local guys seem to be LEO's or Special forces guys too. :)

Reminded me of this picture. LOL

224081_c34fe6df-b2a9-4dfb-849f-d-1.jpg

Yeah well.... seriously, though, I'm an ex-Navy SEAL, world champion sharpshooter, spent a couple years in Iraq with Jack Bauer systematically assasinating targets passed down from the president, and am now with a special forces unit working to protect the local malls. I've taken multiple 338 lapua rounds in the back and lived to talk about it. I pray none of you cross me or I will use my vast array of ninjitsu to break you. That's how I roll.

Yeah well.... seriously, though, I'm an ex-Navy SEAL, world champion sharpshooter, spent a couple years in Iraq with Jack Bauer systematically assasinating targets passed down from the president, and am now with a special forces unit working to protect the local malls. I've taken multiple 338 lapua rounds in the back and lived to talk about it. I pray none of you cross me or I will use my vast array of ninjitsu to break you. That's how I roll.

And that's just your day job! :p

I've always found The High Road to be a decent place to visit; the mods there police the board diligently, and bad apples are not allowed to fester and rot. I'd like to think that the Walther Forums is a decent place to visit as well, seeing as how I'm one of the mods. The P.38 Forum is another forum that I find to be most civil, as well as exceptionally knowledgable. This board is both civil and knowledgable, of course. There's no sense spending time at places that are not -- and a lot of those are out there.

Its all censorship. I'm not saying that boards don't need to be moderated. But some of them get a little too carried away, and egos take over. That environment invites suckups and butt kissers. Next thing you know, you have a forum with no free thought. Just a good ol boys club with moderators and their cronies squashing anyone they don't like.

Smaller forums have less problems, and less need for censorship.

Larger forums also seem to be pretty rough on newbies. Members with high post counts who jump all over new guys, like they enjoy it. Lording their high post count like its some sort of status symbol. Personally I jdge a person on the quality of his posts, not the quantity. A lot of guys post tons of total garbage, just to run up the post count.

Smaller forums have people who get high post counts. but none of these 30K post time waster types. Its hard to run up a high post count on a small forum without looking like a total idiot.

I've admin'd a few forums (that will remain nameless). I gave up. Too much hassle. Too many egos. Too many jackasses. Same ol' same ol' ........over and over again.

Kudos to those who run this place. Best forum I've come across in quite some time. Its a juggling act, and you're keeping all of your balls in the air.

Ok.....now...on to my FOURTH cup of coffee!

Tell you what. I've had it with these bunch of clowns. The moderators are worse than some of the members. There are rules but nobody's follows them and they are only enforced when a moderator feel he has to flex his muscles. If you make a mistake they jump with both feet. They belittle you, cuss at you, and then delete your thread when get them a piece of your mind.

Never again for me. I've bought and sold more firearms then these clowns will ever see. They seem to think they're the only game in town. They aren't.

I would advise to you to steer clear of these guys. At least don't let your childen look over your shoulder if you do go there.

Tell you what. I've had it with these bunch of clowns. The moderators are worse than some of the members. There are rules but nobody's follows them and they are only enforced when a moderator feel he has to flex his muscles. If you make a mistake they jump with both feet. They belittle you, cuss at you, and then delete your thread when get them a piece of your mind.

Never again for me. I've bought and sold more firearms then these clowns will ever see. They seem to think they're the only game in town. They aren't.

I would advise to you to steer clear of these guys. At least don't let your childen look over your shoulder if you do go there.
Who are you talking about?

Who are you talking about?

Sorry. Seattleguns.net.

Sorry, I'm a little pissed right now.

From the top down, the administrator and the moderators take great pleasure in tormenting people. If you say something back then they really jump on you. Then other regulars jump in. Some new members never even get a fair shake because of the ridicule and improper moderating.

It's joke.

You must be bobk

That's me.

No need to hide.

I tell it like it is. I tried more than once to rationalize with them to no avail.

When not even the moderators can abide by the rules or mission statement, what do you have?

A MESS!

I met some real nice poeple there that I traded with. That's about it.

I'm sure they will come here and throw their weight around. I knew that before I posted this.

But at least they can't moderate me or delete my posts.

They didnt edit that post. When you type in "email a pic" it automatically changes it to "I'm to lazy to post a pic". Its kinda funny, actually.

The same thing happened last night to a guy. Pretty much the same thing happened. He got all mad, and it started a big broo haha

Maybe you are overreacting a bit. There are lots of good guns that come up over there.

That said. I will stay out of it.

They didnt edit that post. When you type in "email a pic" it automatically changes it to "I'm to lazy to post a pic". Its kinda funny, actually.

The same thing happened last night to a guy. Pretty much the same thing happened. He got all mad, and it started a big broo haha

Maybe you are overreacting a bit. There are lots of good guns that come up over there.

That said. I will stay out of it.

John, thanks for at least being considerate. I hate coming accross as a you know what. But these guys really irritated me lately. But it wasn't just how I was treated, but others have also been mistreated. And they really don't care.

If we met face to face you would find that I'm a nice guy. With a temper maybe but never the less many gun folks here locally can tell you that I would do anything for you if I could. I've been frequenting south end gunshops for the last 15 or so years and have many friends that either own or work there.

Take care John.

I've been frequenting guns boards for what seems like forever. One thing I've tried to do the last couple years, is not take forums too seriously....that, AND stay the heck away from political discussions!!!!!

You have a good evening, sir!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads