JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been frequenting guns boards for what seems like forever. One thing I've tried to do the last couple years, is not take forums too seriously....that, AND stay the heck away from political discussions!!!!!

You have a good evening, sir!

I can be an A****** at times. At least that's what my wife tells me. :s0131:

But I NEVER belitte, demean, disrespect , or publically embarras others. But these guys deserve it.

I moderate on a non gun related forum which you can buy, sell or trade. We don't act that way.

Regard John. Talk to you later.

Smaller forums have people who get high post counts. but none of these 30K post time waster types. Its hard to run up a high post count on a small forum without looking like a total idiot.

:s0131:

whistling.gif

I must sincerely apologize to the staff and members here for venting about the other forum. Wasn't the right thing to do.

To explain a little......

Their system inserts "too lazy to post a pic" when a seller types the words "will email a pic if requested"

If you ask me that's a real crappy way of doing things and just one of many examples of how they treat people.

I normally insert a pic of anything that I sell or trade. But last night both of my cameras with in the car which my wife took to work. She just started a new job.

I lost my cool and said some stupid things. But I don't feel they were unwarranted.

The bottom line is this.

I don't belittle, demean, embarass, or treat people like I'm better than them. Do those things to me and I get upset real quick.

Thanks for listening.

I don't belittle, demean, embarass, or treat people like I'm better than them. Do those things to me and I get upset real quick.

Thanks for listening.

No problem man! Those are good words to live by! Of course also have a sense of humor and be tolerant of people making a joke at your expense just as you will make a joke at their expense. Understand sarcasm and the humor that may be quite subtle but very witty! This is something I see people miss all the time.

Well Trlsmn, someone finally said what we were all thinking! :s0114:

Well, I know I'm an opinionated jerk. I'm not afraid of other viewpoints, not am I close-minded to new ideas. That being said, there are a few topics that will get me riled up. LEO bashing will ALWAYS get my dander up. No way that will ever change. I also tend to get heavily into the OC vs. CC debate. I tend to get riled up and am not always the most soft-spoken or politically correct individual.

Those threads seem to appear everywhere, on both local and national forums, so I'm no more or less civil here than there...

No problem man! Those are good words to live by! Of course also have a sense of humor and be tolerant of people making a joke at your expense just as you will make a joke at their expense. Understand sarcasm and the humor that may be quite subtle but very witty! This is something I see people miss all the time.

Oh I have a great sense of humor. A good laugh soothes the soul.

Like someone once said "GIT R DONE! :s0155:

Well Trlsmn, someone finally said what we were all thinking! :s0114:

Well, I know I'm an opinionated jerk. I'm not afraid of other viewpoints, not am I close-minded to new ideas. That being said, there are a few topics that will get me riled up. LEO bashing will ALWAYS get my dander up. No way that will ever change. I also tend to get heavily into the OC vs. CC debate. I tend to get riled up and am not always the most soft-spoken or politically correct individual.

Those threads seem to appear everywhere, on both local and national forums, so I'm no more or less civil here than there...

Bear, I am also very opinionated and I have to watch myself. I too try to steer clear of OC-CC threads as well this caliber vs that one.

As for those that bash law enforcement, they obviously have no idea what these fine folks do for us day in day out. I work closely with them quite often. Sometimes they are under paid, over worked, and under appreciated. But most of them love what they do. Not many people could go into harms way each and everyday.

I think regardless you get your internet "bad a$$es" who will tell you what you have is junk. They are the best, and that you owe all gun knowledge to them. I don't claim to be an expert, I like many different styles, and so far this site has been nothing but helpful and interesting.:D

And I am good as long as they don't bash LEO's, The Marine Corps, or the Land I Love- the USA. People bash on the police, until they need one. It is a double edged sword, loved by some- loathed by others.

Question, if people hate the police, why does EVERYONE watch COPS???

I will second Kanewpadle's assessment of SeattleGuns.Net. I was a mod over there from the beginning. But since I didn't go and hang out with the administrator or his beer buddies they slowly took my mod away. They are very clickish and have "secret" areas for certain members and even mentioning the "Officer's Lounge" to non-officers will get you banned. The "management" are very childish and they revel in foul language, x rated pictures and vulgar behavior. I had my final blow out when one of the mods created troll accounts in order to make personal attacks against me and my business in the public areas.

The funny thing is they tried saying I'd never get any business from SGN members and after they attacked me, I actually got more business from SGN members. LOL

Hopefully this site will be full of good people that can act like adults.

C.A.

Glocktalk is quite entertaining. I enjoy thehighroad.org quite a bit as well. I have to say, it's tough to find a good sense of humor on NWFA. I had recently posted a video of Bush wiping his hands on Clinton after shaking hands with a Haitian. I thought it was funny, but the next guys response was: "what does this have to do with guns".

I guess from now on, if i'm going to post other than something directly related to guns, I'll have to post elsewhere.

Now thats funny.......................:s0114::s0114:

sorry man I thought you were a mod there and yeah REAL CREEPY, I always pictured the guy as disgruntled mall security guard with real nice computer and to much spare time and hey wasn't "Robin Masters" that creepy old sugar daddy in the mansion who kept a mustached dude in his pool house.
The Masked Prius Ninja thing was sure funny.

I am a mod , doesnt mean I have a crew, I do my own thing, dont like crowds, he keeps a moose in his play house:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top