JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My vote is for a hand held flashlight. Especially when used with a Harries (or modified Harries or FBI technique) A few years of training and actually clearing several homes (including my own), apartment complexes, parks etc. in search of suspects has made me a firm believer in the powerful hand held light.

All you "Internet Camandos" sure can get off the subject and rude to each other over anything.

Willseeker asked, whats best for home defence, a tac light or a weapons light?

Not a shotgun vs rifle vs handgun vs full auto etc.
Not you are trailer trash or live in a stately manor in a gated community.
Not what wars you've been in or which police swat shows you have watched.
Not who has a 20,000,000 CP spotlight that can start a fire in newspaper at 15 feet.
Not "my daddy is bigger than your daddy".

Why don't you imaginative camandos use your talents to write spy novels instead of stealing threads with your BS here.

By the way, I like Tac lights and use Fenix and Eagle Tac lights.

Thank you Shotgun-2. Most threads tend to swerve toward tangent rants. Most members are internet polite, but some feel it's a safe haven for venting their personal frustrations or biases. When speaking person to person we are more apt to extend better social manners. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, which is what you'll get if you say inflamatory things to their face.

All in all this forum tends to be friendly, however; due to the subject matter, things that go bang, it attracts passionate personalities. We all believe strongly in our right to bear arms, ipso facto pepto bismol, sometimes we get carried away with our beliefs.

Yes, I also would like to have more civilized conversation but when it gets out of hand the mods step in and they have done a great job. I've even received a warning for inapropriate language once. :p

I highly regard the two members that had a joust on my thread and I'll bet in person they would probably be good friends. But so goes the internet.

To all who have responded to my inquiry of what system I should invest in, laser or light, I thank you. :s0155:
May we never meet as enemies on the battlefield.

Will

I have both a weapon light and a set of Laser grips for my G19. I didn't get them both at the same time but the first thing I purchased was a set of laser grips as they are the most useful for my situation both in the house and for daily carry.

Eventually, I purchased a cheaper weapon light and added a 190 lumen Wolf Eyes LED to it for better battery life, less chance of breakage under recoil and for brightness. The light stays on the night stand and I carry a hand held light when I'm out of the house.

Good luck in your search and if you can, borrow one of each from a friend or two and try them out.

I liked the flashlight D1esel suggested, however; 600 lumens and four "d" batteries seems like overkill for a home sweep. Does anyone use a smaller flashlight, preferably LED, that works well for this type of situation?

Will
I agree 100%. the TK40 is way overkill for a home defense/tactical application. It just happens to be the model I have. So thats my reference. It's more of a search light than any thing. It works great for spotting coyotes. And sweeping the barn for tweekers. I would defanitly be looking at one of the smaller Fenix lights for your application.

All you "Internet Camandos" sure can get off the subject and rude to each other over anything.

Willseeker asked, whats best for home defence, a tac light or a weapons light?

Not a shotgun vs rifle vs handgun vs full auto etc.
Not you are trailer trash or live in a stately manor in a gated community.
Not what wars you've been in or which police swat shows you have watched.
Not who has a 20,000,000 CP spotlight that can start a fire in newspaper at 15 feet.
Not "my daddy is bigger than your daddy".

Why don't you imaginative camandos use your talents to write spy novels instead of stealing threads with your BS here.

By the way, I like Tac lights and use Fenix and Eagle Tac lights.

LOL. Someone permanently bugged out from the spelling bee.:s0114:

I'm going to use my G19 as a home defense weapon and have around $150 to spend. In case of a low light night encounter, I want either a laser or a tactical light.

I've been looking at the Streamlight TRL1s weapon light which has a blinding 160 lumens! It's LED and can operate in three positions, on/off at a touch, continuous on and strobe.
OR
The Crimson Trace laser grip from our local guys in Wilsonville.

Which would you get? :)

Will
Would agree with all light comments. Identify and incapacitate with high lumens. Don't know if 150 is enough. 250 with strobe is decent.

Preference is for a light. The Fenix that sits on the nightstand next to the bed is a respectable 960 lumens, set to strobe.

Thinking about the lower lumens comments... May need to rethink my tactics, I don't want to blind myself, just gain a tactical advantage...

Well like I said a few days ago back when the OP started this thread I'm sure all the lights where low lumens BECAUSE IT WAS 8 YEARS AGO .LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top