JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interested to know the now felon's history, how much ammo it was, who the seller was, what the sales mode was, and what was in the warrant (if there was one and he wasn't just an over trusting "Sure, you can look in my house" guy). That would be news reporting.

Why do I think I won't ever know any of that?

Interested to know the now felon's history, how much ammo it was, who the seller was, what the sales mode was, and what was in the warrant (if there was one and he wasn't just an over trusting "Sure, you can look in my house" guy). That would be news reporting.

Why do I think I won't ever know any of that?
yes, lots of questions that wont get answered in the news.

in the embedded link in the article it says they were under investigation for illegal guns. So my guess is the ammo purchases didnt have anything to do with it. They were already under surveillance for illegal guns. They had posted them with them on Instagram.... sounds like a darwin award.

How in the world is this "gun retailer" who ratted the guy out expecting to get any more business?
Seems like business suicide.

The retailers name (FFL?) should be spread over every forum and social media messaging platform in the state. What a complete POS.

Unless...does NY state law require reporting "large ammunition purchases"......Whatever that means?

To an old dog like me this is all beginning to look/sound/feel like that "Police State" we heard so much about but never believed it could happen here....

Oregon is right behind the NY asshats.

Buying "large" amounts of ammo...should not be viewed as suspicous.

However...
There is that word "should" ....which can make things iffy....
Something else that makes things iffy is having a Short Barreled Rifle , without the proper paperwork.

Now please note...
I am not a fan of needing "proper paperwork" to own firearms...of any type.
You should be able to own and enjoy whatever firearms you wish...
All without any undo fuss or paperwork.

Just sayin' that if you have things like a SBR and no pedigree to go with it...
It might be wise to keep it out of sight...and difficult for someone to find.
Andy
I'm sure it looks suspicious when Andy walks out with 50 pounds of black powder and little shotgun lead shot :s0140:

I'm sure it looks suspicious when Andy walks out with 50 pounds of black powder and little shotgun lead shot :s0140:
Funny...however since black powder is considered an explosive...
That amount leaving a store at one time , could bring on a visit from some folks and me answering questions...

Questions like...
Why the lead shot..?
We know you have a big bucket full of it already....:D
Andy

Yep....at the moment.
I use it with my flintlock fowler...and 20 gauge don't take much shot to knock down a grouse.
However...
I recently got a Brown Bess , that has been shortened....and since it is a 11 gauge...it will put a bigger hole in that bucket... :D
Andy
I always figured you had a few hollowed out trees with that stuff squirreled away by the tree.

Not that it matters but I find it interesting how in the article they first refer to a 'A short-barreled rifle federal prosecutors said was at the property of Duane Hollenbeck.'

Then it became 'Investigators were led to the camp', then two paragraphs down it becomes 'numerous ghost guns and large-capacity magazines at one of his properties.'

So what was it ? His 'property' with a house & other additions or a 'camp' in the woods somewhere a' la Ted Kaczynski?

This kind of vagueness in reporting (regardless of the issue) always pizzes me off because this info might be germane to, or have a bearing on the situation.

It's hard to type and clutch the pearls at the same time. The fickle courts want to fully prosecute crimes where no one was hurt, no property stolen, no threats to any political entities. Compared to murder, mayhem, theft, political assaults, ect where very little to no action is pursued by the courts.

I believe he didn't follow the law. I wish there was more continuity in sentencing. If he was actually a threat or unbalanced, thereby setting off the gun dealer, the article should have stated that. The gun store that was happy to profit yet turn someone in, is bubblegum...inine.

The gun store that was happy to profit yet turn someone in, is bubblegum
Again however the article says, 'a concerned gun retailer reported Alec Hollenbeck'.

Was this an established FFL with a with a shop, or some sort of kitchen table operation that may have been in cahoots with Hollenbeck and maybe had a grudge and 'ratted him out'?

Once again vague reporting with what could be revealing details.

......... The fickle courts want to fully prosecute crimes where no one was hurt, no property stolen, no threats to any political entities. Compared to murder, mayhem, theft, political assaults, ect where very little to no action is pursued by the courts....
Seems to me, based on their actions, that the predominant position of prosecutors is that crimes against average citizens are given a lower priority than crimes against the State, it's politicians and their family, or their affluent political donors.

Sounds a lot like a two tiered justice system to me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top