JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can a Washington resident still purchase a hunting rifle in Oregon as long as it isn't an "assault weapon" with such parts like a handguard, threaded barrel, 10+ capacity magazine, etc, etc. Looking to buy a lever action rifle. I guess not... Washington found another way to remove money out of our pockets without providing anymore safety because of it.

Last Edited:
A Washington resident is still subject to whatever draconian laws you have in Washington while purchasing a long gun in Oregon.

10+ capacity magazine is a no no for all firearms except tubular type.

As for 'assault weapons', it has to fit two definitions: first, operation. The gas from a fired round is used to load the next. Second, cosmetic accessories, ie. telescoping stock, vertical grip, etc. It has to meet both definitions. The question comes up when the same accessories are used on another non-assault weapon platform.

It is all really confusing. All the laws which came into effect this year was from bills past years ago. It seems to a conglomeration of various bills as far I can tell. Example, where did the 10 day wait come from? I thought it was only for (SB 1639) 'assault rifles' (vs weapons) and not all firearms.

A Washington resident is still subject to whatever draconian laws you have in Washington while purchasing a long gun in Oregon.
Nope... can only purchase in Washington unless being purchased from an internet website. At least from all the stores i called and adsked in the Portland area. Washington wants to maje sure they squeeze every penny they can out of us.

10+ capacity magazine is a no no for all firearms except tubular type.

As for 'assault weapons', it has to fit two definitions: first, operation. The gas from a fired round is used to load the next. Second, cosmetic accessories, ie. telescoping stock, vertical grip, etc. It has to meet both definitions. The question comes up when the same accessories are used on another non-assault weapon platform.

It is all really confusing. All the laws which came into effect this year was from bills past years ago. It seems to a conglomeration of various bills as far I can tell. Example, where did the 10 day wait come from? I thought it was only for (SB 1639) 'assault rifles' (vs weapons) and not all firearms.
As far as i know all handguns have been subject to the 10 day waiting period ever since they eliminated the ability to take possession the same day with a CPL.

Nope... can only purchase in Washington unless being purchased from an internet website. At least from all the stores i called and adsked in the Portland area. Washington wants to maje sure they squeeze every penny they can out of us.
I'd consider that being subject to Washington laws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top