JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone. I just heard about Bill HB1143 ( I missed out on it for some reason... ) and I wanted to see if this is based on purchase date or transfer date? I.e. can I buy a firearm today and have it delivered to the FFL dealer sometime in January. Would that go through the new process or would I be grandfathered in the old process because I made the purchase in 2023?

Nope. If you buy today you're going to get snared by HB 1143.

I asked a FFL the same question in early December, and accelerated a purchase of an O/U shotgun then to get it in-hand before Jan 1, 2024.

As an aside, HB 1902 and HB 2054 are proposed for the 2023/2024 Legislative session. If HB 1902 is approved then one will have to comply with a new, cumbersome Permit process. If HB 2054 is approved then one can likely acquire a maximum of one firearm every 30 days.

My recommendation: buy whatever you're going to buy before HB 1902 and HB 2054 are approved...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-the-purchase-or-transfer-of-firearms.467207/

Oh great. What the heck is going on with Washington state... Ok I will make my second purchase. I appreciate the help! I have CPL so hopefully that will help a b it with the process. I just completed the online training and got the certificate so hopefully that also speeds things up :D At this point I've given up on having any notion of privacy when it comes to buying a gun in Washington.

Buy now (guns, ammo, and accessories) while you can, regardless of wait time. The noose is just gonna keep getting tighter and tighter on lawful gun ownership in WA. Even if SCOTUS slaps down our current gun laws, our legislature will undoubtedly do the same thing as NY, CA, and other states and simply pass more gun laws. They don't care if it's constitutional or not, and have an unlimited budget with which to fight legal battles.

I did the free class from Sporting Systems yesterday. I assume you could do it on your mobile phone but am not sure if their website for the training is compatible.

For anyone who hasn't seen this and lives in WA State, you need to complete this training or similar to purchase a firearm in WA State going forward.... HB 1143

I did the free class from Sporting Systems yesterday. I assume you could do it on your mobile phone but am not sure if their website for the training is compatible.

For anyone who hasn't seen this and lives in WA State, you need to complete this training or similar to purchase a firearm in WA State going forward.... HB 1143

How much time investment was involved, did you get proof of completion right away?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top