JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting article. LGS blew the whistle on a customer who was exhibiting concerning behaviors. The person has since been indicted in federal court in relation to the case, but no details provided.

No idea. LGS has discretion to refuse sale if they are concerned by a customer's behavior or suspect them to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Clearly there was something to it, with multiple LGS saying dude was being weird, and with LE having enough to indict.

I just think it's good to see articles showing the LGS as the good guy. So often in the media they get painted as bad guys, nice to see them in a positive light for a change.

Good on the LGS. There's plenty of people out there who aren't fit to own a firearm. The fact they reported it over making a quick dollar shows that they care about the 2A and it's community.

That article was extremely vague.
Maybe it was but don't believe the LGS staff should be 'nitpicked' over this. I am quite sure there was more but even with what was reported I would have been concerned as well. I firmly believe they did the right thing under the circumstances.

In my 'life' of gun ownership I have I have known of more than a few LGS owners/staff who have not only denied sales, but also NOT allowing a customer to handle a firearm.

Maybe it was but don't believe the LGS staff should be 'nitpicked' over this. I am quite sure there was more but even with what was reported I would have been concerned as well. I firmly believe they did the right thing under the circumstances.

In my 'life' of gun ownership I have I have known of more than a few LGS owners/staff who have not only denied sales, but also NOT allowing a customer to handle a firearm.
I saw a dude in NW Armory with a cape once; I wouldn't sell a gun to a dude in a cape.

Keith's Sporting Goods was in the news years ago when the wife wouldn't sell a gal a gun with one bullet. She ended up buying one at a big box store and killed herself.

I was in a small gun store once while the OWNER was on a pretty dark suicide rant. He made a halfazz attempt at making it into a bad joke, but it was pretty uncomfortable. His employees seemed kinda sick of the act , so I assume it was a regular thing. I hope that's not a common thing. Never witnessed it before, and hope to not see it again.

I saw a dude in NW Armory with a cape once; I wouldn't sell a gun to a dude in a cape.

Keith's Sporting Goods was in the news years ago when the wife wouldn't sell a gal a gun with one bullet. She ended up buying one at a big box store and killed herself.
What if he identifies as a superhero? The hero we all need.

I'm not nitpicking the gun shop but rather the reporter/reporting. Just wanted to hear more of the story is all.

I wouldn't sell a gun to a lot of folks so I get that aspect. Wouldn't want to have some bad joo joo on my conscience from selling a weapon to a person in the wrong state of mind.

Someone at a big box store sold her a gun and only one round that she used for suicide? That would definitely rule out the Clinton's being responsible in any way.

Just flew in from Asia, wtf?
Was jetlag an issue?

I spent time as tech support for MSM, saw lame reporting day in and day out.

I'm guessing Yakima staff reporters may not be the cream of the crop. And here I thought Yakima was an agricultural community.:s0026:

When I was at J&B in September to fill out the BGC for a transfer, one of the employees there claimed that they had a guy at one point trying to force the 3 day rule after purchasing a firearm. He wouldn't let it go so they ended up refunding him. The guy was allegedly later in the news for murdering his ex.

Granted, the employee also referred to the 3 day rule as the "Charleston Loophole" so he might be a Fudd that just talks a lot.

"We reserve the right refuse service for any reason" comes to mind. In this case, main reason would be liability issues. You can hear another set of words if the sale resulted in tragedy, "Dealer reasonably should've known."

For those with suicidal ideation, a length of rope from Home Depot would be a lot less trouble and expense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top