JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you make woke a large part of your personality, abandoning it is like tearing out a part of yourself. A lot of them won't do it, ever.
Just a simple understanding of the system gives people power over the politicians. Politicians on one side do bad things it doesn't mean you need to switch to the other side. You gain power by becoming an independent voter and making them work for your vote.
Imagine if the democrats started leaving the party and became independent, that would bring some sense to the politicians.

It won't happen but it should.

The problem with this is many. For one the "source" of this "news" I would not trust if they told me it was going to get dark tonight.
Another is if the shop really did report him what lead up to this? I VERY much doubt being a good customer did it. He lives in one of the top anti gun states yet posts pictures of himself online with AR's. Claims he was playing with the Feds on NFA stuff. Again hard to tell but sounds like another case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Haven't seen that; is it the 19 yr old, or the older guy's social media?

Your thoughts were my first as well (but all the reporting I saw didn't say anything like that). Doesn't make the laws less bad, or the enforcement less arbitrary, but does help the "head down, no trouble" idea.

I hate living in a having to keep my head down place. lol it's the world as it's ever been, but I thought we were special. yeah a hopeless romantic.

Very disturbing. While I don't build guns and don't care to do so. OTOH, having an unregistered SBR is what got him nailed, and showing off on the internet was just plain stupid, IMO.
Other than an UZI back in my youth, I've never wanted an SBR or a full auto anything. They reduce down-range effectiveness and accuracy and waste ammo, IMO. Never did get the UZI...
I've been pondering setting back some .223 and 9mm just to have it... didnt think THAT was a crime... While I probably won't get around to shooting it up, it's nice to have some on hand.
Apparently to buy ammo in NYS you have to go thru a dealer?

Last Edited:
Oregon and Washington residents, purchase ammo Today like you will not be able to purchase it Tomorrow.
Just looking at my current ammo supply, expanded largely during the Trump price slump. 9mm $10 box. 223 $6 a box. My savings are easily over $1000 in today's prices.

If you have to start from scratch, start now because even if the cost doesn't change, the laws might. For those Debbie Doubters or rollie eye's, check the first part where I would have to pay $1000 over what I paid to replace the ammo I have.

Last Edited:
The report would have said if he had prior convictions perventing him from owning a gun. Hence, I would lean towards believing he didn't intend any malice. It looks like he had a private range setup and supplied the ammo for his friends and family. I can see them burning through hundreds if not thousands of rounds per week depending upon the caliber.

I hope FPC, GOA or any of these groups take this case to challenge the constitutionality of national gun control laws; specifically, short barrel rifles and shotguns.

The report would have said if he had prior convictions perventing him from owning a gun. Hence, I would lean towards believing he didn't intend any malice. It looks like he had a private range setup and supplied the ammo for his friends and family. I can see them burning through hundreds if not thousands of rounds per week depending upon the caliber.

I hope FPC, GOA or any of these groups take this case to challenge the constitutionality of national gun control laws; specifically, short barrel rifles and shotguns.
Again I trust the source of the news zero BUT, They are claiming he was playing with NFA stuff. If this is true its play stupid games and win stupid prizes. While I think the NFA laws suck big time those who flaunt them know full well they are poking a very large bear who will bite.

It looks like arbitrary enforcement if you compare his prosecution to what is happening in major cities, but I'll bet the county he was prosecuted in doesn't have an overloaded court system and overcrowded jails to deal with.

This story sounds like it is driven by feelings. The dealer got a creepy feeling from the accused enough to call the cops, the person that led the cops to the guns had a feeling they ought to do that. Hard to say why, but all of this may come down to "see something, say something", rather than anyone's absolute dedication to making a buck and ignoring the nut with the guns.

It looks like arbitrary enforcement if you compare his prosecution to what is happening in major cities, but I'll bet the county he was prosecuted in doesn't have an overloaded court system and overcrowded jails to deal with.

This story sounds like it is driven by feelings. The dealer got a creepy feeling from the accused enough to call the cops, the person that led the cops to the guns had a feeling they ought to do that. Hard to say why, but all of this may come down to "see something, say something", rather than anyone's absolute dedication to making a buck and ignoring the nut with the guns.
"see something, say something"

AKA... Stasi.

Anyone in the supply chain can turn you in. Store owner, UPS, your credit card company or just your neighbors watching delivery.. You are better off being a member of a gun club because it looks better if you can understand that.

Anyone in the supply chain can turn you in. Store owner, UPS, your credit card company or just your neighbors watching delivery.. You are better off being a member of a gun club because it looks better if you can understand that.
All true, but pretty much if they haven't turned me in by now, with 80+ rounds on my shelves, I doubt they will in the future. The feds would need to go around to a dozen different online retailers and a dozen different NWFA members to get a handle on all my ammo purchase over the last decade.

Or they could just go to the NSA and ask for my internet traffic with the word "ammo" in it. :(

ETA: there - fixed the number of rounds - how did that big "K" get in there after the "80"?? :D :s0092::s0076:;)

Last Edited:
All true, but pretty much if they haven't turned me in by now, with 80K+ rounds on my shelves, I doubt they will in the future. The feds would need to go around to a dozen different online retailers and a dozen different NWFA members to get a handle on all my ammo purchase over the last decade.

Or they could just go to the NSA and ask for my internet traffic with the word "ammo" in it. :(
:D you just told the Feds you have 80,000+ rounds.....

In this report, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) is reviewing legal compliance by the NSA and FBI in accessing the NSA database that houses the private electronic records, metadata, of every American. This is the core of the FISA-702 authorization, where 702 indicates an American citizen protected from illegal searches and seizures by the Fourth Amendment.
The NSA database contains the private electronic data (metadata) of every single American – including emails, text messages, social media posts, instant messages, direct messages, phone calls, geolocation identifiers, purchases by electronic funds, banking records and any keystroke any American person puts into any electronic device for any reason. [A big issue here is the use of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) but that's for a different article.]

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top