JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds to me based on the comment that the driver knowingly 'messed up' and was hoping to get a shipment of ammo for himself for free.
Being cynical like I am I don't trust a lot of people. I don't know if he was trying to steal my ammo but if I hadn't been home he easily could have. Once he punched in it was delivered then it's his if he didn't get caught.

When he apologized he said he was in a different town when his boss got in touch. Had to drive 20 miles to deliver my ammo. He may not have been a thief but his comment let me know he knew what was in the package.

Next order I will be a little faster on the follow up and forget the phone as you can't talk to anyone.

Will send an email right away as that worked well.

What drives me crazy is the UPS thing, where they're supposed to deliver to the house, but instead they drop it at the Post Office and let USPS do the final leg. This is especially irritating as it usually happens on Fridays, and my post office has no 'counter businness' hours on Saturday; so instead of getting my stuff on Friday, I have to wait until Monday. It really pisses me off!!
That is your shipper. UPS offers some deal where they offer this service BUT, the shipper has to choose to do it this way. UPS does not just do it on their own. Its done because they offer a cheaper ship rate done this way and many will take advantage of it. Now and then I get stuff sent to me this way off Amazon when its some 3d party who uses Amazon. Often the package will get here to the city and sit there for days until it finally makes it onto a USPS delivery vehicle. Sadly I have yet to see a seller tell me ahead of time that this is how they are going to ship. I have to guess that if they made that known a LOT of people would just not buy stuff from them. So they of course do not want to admit this is what they are going to do. :mad:

Lemme guess, the name of the delivery company rhymes with, "Ed Fex"?

They have sucked on the last five deliveries they've made to my house…. UPS has been awesome, even USPS has been awesome.

"Ed Fex"….. must have a minimum IQ requirement of 90 for its workers and drivers.
We have had an air conditioner , Omaha Stakes, (for my birthday) and some clothes my wife bought all claiming to have been delivered by them over the last year alone. The Post office gal found two of them siting on others door step in the neighborhood and another neighbor even carried the Air conditioner to us himself. Each time we could find no one @ fedX who gave a crap!
We have bold and easy readable house #'s even a child can figure out.

We have had an air conditioner , Omaha Stakes, (for my birthday) and some clothes my wife bought all claiming to have been delivered by them over the last year alone. The Post office gal found two of them siting on others door step in the neighborhood and another neighbor even carried the Air conditioner to us himself. Each time we could find no one @ fedX who gave a crap!
Sadly as so often is the case money talks. FedEx service just went to crap a good while back. I have to guess the only reason they still exist is they must be better priced. Well the only "fix" will be when too many people just start doing charge backs for stuff that FedEx loses. If it starts to cost the sellers too much they will just stop using them.

House numbers?! That 'splains it!!

Math is hard for them 90-110ers…..

Sadly as so often is the case money talks. FedEx service just went to crap a good while back. I have to guess the only reason they still exist is they must be better priced. Well the only "fix" will be when too many people just start doing charge backs for stuff that FedEx loses. If it starts to cost the sellers too much they will just stop using them.
I am really surprised that FedEx does not have the GPS coordinates for each parcel or something. I have ordered from Amazon at times and it shows how many stops away the delivery truck is once it gets to down to 10 or less stops. I only had one delivery by Amazon a few years back that went to the next door neighbor instead. The neighbors were not home but they had a Ring camera so picked up the package and walked over to the camera and showed the parcel was delivered to their address by mistake.

Now looking at the Neighbors app I see fair number of porch pirates are taking packages off of people's front porches. I really do not have any symphony for Amazon since Amazon has secure locker locations and people do not use them. I believe I a lot of people are following Amazon, UPS, and FedEx trucks as well do they package is stolen right after it is delivered. Some people obscure or remove their rear license plate so they back into the driveway run up take the parcel(s) and are gone.

I'm to the point now where prior to purchase, I ask the seller who he is using for shipping .
I was going to create a database with all the favorite sellers and their shippers.
Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Wrong…. 90-110 is PAINFULLY average.

Just last week the gravel in my driveway scored115…. ;)
The population mean is 100. One standard deviation is 15 points. College undergraduates average 115. Grad students average 125. Medical schools and law schools average 145. At least this is how it broke down about 1995 when I got my degree in psychology.

Being cynical like I am I don't trust a lot of people. I don't know if he was trying to steal my ammo but if I hadn't been home he easily could have. Once he punched in it was delivered then it's his if he didn't get caught.

When he apologized he said he was in a different town when his boss got in touch. Had to drive 20 miles to deliver my ammo. He may not have been a thief but his comment let me know he knew what was in the package.

Next order I will be a little faster on the follow up and forget the phone as you can't talk to anyone.

Will send an email right away as that worked well.
That big black diamond on the side of the box let's anyone familiar SDS and hazardous material identification whats in the box.

Easy pickings.

I've had two different ammo shipments in the last 3 months get destroyed on the way message says something like "package damaged, undeliverable". We live out of town so we order a fair amount of stuff and the only time I've had this happen is with ammo. Things that make you go hmmm
The one time I sent a gun to the manufacturer was a Colt, and they used CMC, Colt Manufacturing Company or some such to conceal package was traveling to or from a gun manufacturer. Are the ammo shipments labeled in such a way that the delivery people know its ammo?

Not everybody goes to college after high school, and there is nothing wrong with that. To make comments that would put them down for pursuing higher education is just elitest. Some are just not smart enough or have enough money to do so. I grew up when many HS grads either went back to work the family farm or took a job in a factory. I was lucky. Driving a truck can be a good job to make money for the family. The problem is the companies themselves that make the drivers rush, rush, rush to finish their routes (after they have given them too many stops!!). Inevitably they are caught rushing, tossing packages over fences or at the door, skipping stops or just downright lying about a delivery. All of this is wrong of course, this has nothing to do with an IQ. Guys in suits and ties cheat too.

The one time I sent a gun to the manufacturer was a Colt, and they used CMC, Colt Manufacturing Company or some such to conceal package was traveling to or from a gun manufacturer. Are the ammo shipments labeled in such a way that the delivery people know its ammo?
Yes any ammo has to be mark with a warning label that is a black diamond.

Like this:
20230512_170854.jpg

I have had stuff "delivered" that did not show up for another day or two, from every delivery service that delivers to my house, including (especially) USPS.

Their notification systems suck and are error prone. But usually they get it to me about 90% of the time if there are not complicating factors (Fridays, holidays, weather, Xmas).

The population mean is 100. One standard deviation is 15 points. College undergraduates average 115. Grad students average 125. Medical schools and law schools average 145. At least this is how it broke down about 1995 when I got my degree in psychology.
You ever talk to a recent college student lately?

The "dumb is phuck" in seriously epic proportions.

:rolleyes:

(Yes, THE dumb is phuck!)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA