JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Degrees in basket weaving, get it? They're woven with wicker, hopes and dreams.
Oh, yeah, OK that makes sense.

tenor.gif

According to a former neighbor who was a contractor for FedEx, the company's "last mile" of the delivery is all done by contractors.
Something changed with them a good while back and that may well be what it was. The guy that started the Co was well talked about last time I was in college. He came up with the idea and some "expert" teacher told him it was a stupid idea that would never work. Well he showed the expert why those who can't do teach. For a LONG time they were the gold standard for shipping. A good while back service started having problems which seem to just keep getting worse. I really hate to see anything coming to me by them now. You also see lots of people watching tracking as their item gets to a hub, then sits, leaves the hub, comes back to the hub, sits more. The place just went to crap.

What drives me crazy is the UPS thing, where they're supposed to deliver to the house, but instead they drop it at the Post Office and let USPS do the final leg. This is especially irritating as it usually happens on Fridays, and my post office has no 'counter businness' hours on Saturday; so instead of getting my stuff on Friday, I have to wait until Monday. It really pisses me off!!
Not an uncommon occurrence. All it takes it a wrong push of a button. But for people tracking their package, it becomes a source of panic. Before tracking, we didn't know what was happening with a package until we actually got it. TMI.

Being cynical like I am I don't trust a lot of people. I don't know if he was trying to steal my ammo but if I hadn't been home he easily could have. Once he punched in it was delivered then it's his if he didn't get caught.

When he apologized he said he was in a different town when his boss got in touch. Had to drive 20 miles to deliver my ammo. He may not have been a thief but his comment let me know he knew what was in the package.
Hard to say. But it's probably unfair for us to assume everything that goes awry is due to intentional theft. In the USPS, sanctity of the mail is still considered a big deal and violations, if detected, are cause for employee dismissal. Management reports and inspectors analyze patterns of loss. Repeat internal thieves are caught more often that we know.

Each time we could find no one @ fedX who gave a crap!
Part of this is the issue that companies of all kinds make it so difficult to communicate with them. Meaning, it's darned difficult to talk to anyone on the phone about a problem. They do this intentionally to insulate themselves from dealing with problems.

I had a delivery coming from Fex Ex a couple weeks ago. The truck pulled into the driveway (not all the way, have a long driveway) and sat there for a few minutes. Then backed up and left. Then i get a notification that they attempted delivery but couldn't and would try again the next day... WTF. I go out of my way to not have Fed Ex deliver my packages at this point.

I'm pretty sure they're around 1% 10-15 yr loans anyway.. ridiculously cheap/easy to pay off.
They used to be. The reason they were so cheap was they were almost guaranteed. They make you take a couple tests to show you understand the debt will follow you to the grave. Obama came along and wanted a piece of this action so he got the gov to take over. Interest rate went to 6% at a time the fed was giving money away. So after years of pushing these loans the same people who pushed them started telling the people who took the loan they should not have to pay it back.

We have a bunch shipped in (USPS, UPS, FEDEX), thankfully it's been a while since any issues. Hopefully I didn't jinx it!! USPS & UPS email updates/app things seem more reliable than FedEx, ie always seem to let us know. FedEx is spotty.

Just the other day (thursday) FedEx delivered 2 huge boxes (Reflectix 48" x 100' rolls) exactly when they were supposed to. Plus I was just done batt insulating, so was perfect timing to start on the delivery. -Bought that thru Lowes, was 2 days shipped to home vs (?4) shipped to store.

"Free" shipping, so I figured to give it a try. Worked a charm. Plus updates all along.

Mind, we're not normally this tight time wise on needing stuff for projects, however wanted to get the garage insulation started on new to us home purchase. Then only HAVE to move the heavy stuff once. In. Spent the last 2 1/2 days doing just that! 6 trips IIRC!!!

My Dog is my Judge.
USPS - Must Eat Driver.
Fed Ex - Must kill driver.
UPS - nice brown truck dude.

I am not sure the exact reason my dog is that way.
But he a sweet dog, higher IQ then ed ex drivers.
But he will also eat your face if I allow it.
He is great around all people and loves kids.

Digress:
I have never had ammo lost, but with todays world make me wonder if a anti-driver might just lose any I would order.
Lucky for me after that boat accident, I don't order ammo anymore.

My Dog is my Judge.
USPS - Must Eat Driver.
Fed Ex - Must kill driver.
UPS - nice brown truck dude.

I am not sure the exact reason my dog is that way.
But he a sweet dog, higher IQ then ed ex drivers.
But he will also eat your face if I allow it.
He is great around all people and loves kids.

Digress:
I have never had ammo lost, but with todays world make me wonder if a anti-driver might just lose any I would order.
Lucky for me after that boat accident, I don't order ammo anymore.
My old girl absolutely hated when the UPS trucks would drive by, not sure why.

But everytime that big brown truck would drive by my pupper would lose her bubblegum chasing down the fence line barking her butt off.

She didn't seem to do it to the fedex trucks so much. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads