JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is a cryptic symbol meaning "this idiot is still rooting for a team that can't hold a fourth quarter lead and has a 1 in 100 chance of making the playoffs ". Time to go back to my " this guy roots for a team that makes the World Series roughly every 15 years and can only win one game but manages to give up several ninth inning leads" avatar.

To those familiar with land-speed racing mine is self-explanatory. For the others, the Bonneville 200 MPH Club recognizes anyone who sets a record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in excess of 200 MPH, with some exceptions that I won't go into here. The club was established in 1953 and currently has about 800 members.
I set my record in 1999 at 276.998 MPH in B/FL class; that's B= engine size 370-430 CID, F= Fuel, anything other than gasoline, in this case nitro, and L= Lakester, Specially constructed vehicle which must have all four wheels in the open and is similar to a dragster. The car belonged to a friend who I had helped with it for a number of years. One year the regular driver had to leave before we had broken the car so I got a chance to drive and get my license. The next year I went as the primary driver and set the record.
Also, in 2000 I set a record at Muroc dry lake in California in my own car at 205.414 MPH in A/FS class; A= Engine size 430-500 CID, F=fuel, this time methanol, and S=Streamliner, no-holds-barred body design. That made me one of 74 members of the Muroc 200MPH Club.
And in 2008 I set a record of 213.176 MPH at Bonneville in C/BFMS; C=engine size 305-370, B=Blown, F= fuel again, this time gasoline but not approved for gasoline class, and MS=Modified Sports, production sports car bodies with limited changes. The car was a Factory Five Daytona Coupe kit put together by SoFast Racing of Albany.
Lilhigbee is what Jeannie calls our cat, Higbee. He is named after Bob Higbee, who was the race starter when I drove the lakester and a true pillar of the land speed racing community. he passed away about a month before we got the cat. We also have Munro and Markley, both named for Bonneville racers, Burt Munro of World's Fastest Indian fame and Gaines Markley, Seattle-area drag racer (Top Fuel Champion 1979) who ran a lakester with his brother Charlie.
Anyone who has an interest in cars needs to come to Bonneville at least once!!
I'll quit rambling now!!

Mine means I have a cool dog!

Well Lilly has passed on and I switched out the avatar. Just too painful to see her then.

The current avatar is a photo I took at the PDX Art Museum. It's a Corinthian helmet. The card said that its nearly 3,000 years old! It really doesn't mean anything, avatar wise, I just like it and it is suitably warlike!:cool:

My avatar is an airplane I flew all over Alaska. This photo was taken while picking up Sockeye salmon off a beach in Bristol Bay. The high tide would cover all of the beach, so we had to time our trips carefully.

To those familiar with land-speed racing mine is self-explanatory. For the others, the Bonneville 200 MPH Club recognizes anyone who sets a record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in excess of 200 MPH, with some exceptions that I won't go into here. The club was established in 1953 and currently has about 800 members.
I set my record in 1999 at 276.998 MPH in B/FL class; that's B= engine size 370-430 CID, F= Fuel, anything other than gasoline, in this case nitro, and L= Lakester, Specially constructed vehicle which must have all four wheels in the open and is similar to a dragster. The car belonged to a friend who I had helped with it for a number of years. One year the regular driver had to leave before we had broken the car so I got a chance to drive and get my license. The next year I went as the primary driver and set the record.
Also, in 2000 I set a record at Muroc dry lake in California in my own car at 205.414 MPH in A/FS class; A= Engine size 430-500 CID, F=fuel, this time methanol, and S=Streamliner, no-holds-barred body design. That made me one of 74 members of the Muroc 200MPH Club.
And in 2008 I set a record of 213.176 MPH at Bonneville in C/BFMS; C=engine size 305-370, B=Blown, F= fuel again, this time gasoline but not approved for gasoline class, and MS=Modified Sports, production sports car bodies with limited changes. The car was a Factory Five Daytona Coupe kit put together by SoFast Racing of Albany.
Lilhigbee is what Jeannie calls our cat, Higbee. He is named after Bob Higbee, who was the race starter when I drove the lakester and a true pillar of the land speed racing community. he passed away about a month before we got the cat. We also have Munro and Markley, both named for Bonneville racers, Burt Munro of World's Fastest Indian fame and Gaines Markley, Seattle-area drag racer (Top Fuel Champion 1979) who ran a lakester with his brother Charlie.
Anyone who has an interest in cars needs to come to Bonneville at least once!!
I'll quit rambling now!!
People don't really understand how difficult and dangerous it is to get a machine to go 200mph+.. not that I did, can or will!
nice

Its from the Big Lebowski. Because pretty much everything I need to know about marmots,nihilists and carpets I learned from that movie. And what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps. Oh wait that was the censored version, nvm.

Its from the Big Lebowski. Because pretty much everything I need to know about marmots,nihilists and carpets I learned from that movie. And what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps. Oh wait that was the censored version, nvm.
Saw that when it first came out and just didn't get it. I was a different person in the late 90s stressing out at work and a new relationship. I was a pretty ambitious guy then and that flick seemed to be about slackers.
Now that I've slowed down a bit maybe I should revisit TBL. It seems to have reached Cult status so it must have something going for it.

So. ... it's safe to assume your name is Zigzag? :D
That post was made before I changed to my current avatar. The old one is this one:
Captain John Price.jpg

Well, as I said in another thread asking basically the same question,
it is a 1939 Rickenbacher Silver Hawaiian lap steel guitar.
I buy non-functioning lap steel guitars and restore them.
This Rick is my favorite mostly because it is the only thing in the house that is older than I am.
It looks good now and plays great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads