JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Venting more than anything since I drove nearly 50 miles round trip.

Found what I thought was a good deal on CL. Hit up the guy, told him I was going to stop by, he said ok. Sounds easy enough right?

Got to his place, texted him and waited about 5 minutes. He responds with "?". So now I'm like WTF is this the right address? I called him and he picks up, confirmed that this was the correct address, he said yes........and then a long pause.

He goes "You know how this works right? You come to the door." Mind you he never came outside, I never saw him once, and the door never opened. There are very few times where I'm speechless and this was one of them. I've done hundreds of transaction through this forum, other sites including CL and never once has anyone told me to come to the door without at least coming out with a courtesy greet.

I told him I wasn't going to knock on some random door. That is just sketchy as f*&k. At least come outside as a courtesy so I know it's the right house and what you look like. He then said something, something, something you f-ing freak and to leave then hung up. All that in a span of 30 seconds. WOW......I'm still in disbelief.......like did that really just happened?

I wasted almost 2 hours and 50 miles worth of gas to be called a freak.......I need a drink......

Ya, I think I know why it's such a good deal and still up on CL even after a month of being listed......don't think I'm the first and pretty sure I'm not going to be the last. With that kind of attitude......ya good luck buddy. You're going to piss off the wrong person for absolutely no reason and now they know where you live. Not a very smart way to do business.

Anyways, time for that drink.....

Found what I thought was a good deal on CL. Hit up the guy, told him I was going to stop by, he said ok. Sounds easy enough right?

Got to his place, texted him and waited about 5 minutes. He responds with "?". So now I'm like WTF is this the right address? I called him and he picks up, confirmed that this was the correct address, he said yes........and then a long pause.

He goes "You know how this works right? You come to the door." Mind you he never came outside, I never saw him once, and the door never opened. There are very few times where I'm speechless and this was one of them. I've done hundreds of transaction through this forum, other sites including CL and never once has anyone told me to come to the door without at least coming out with a courtesy greet.

I told him I wasn't going to knock on some random door. That is just sketchy as f*&k. At least come outside as a courtesy so I know it's the right house and what you look like. He then said something, something, something you f-ing freak and to leave then hung up. All that in a span of 30 seconds. WOW......I'm still in disbelief.......like did that really just happened?

I wasted almost 2 hours and 50 miles worth of gas to be called a freak.......I need a drink......

Ya, I think I know why it's such a good deal and still up on CL even after a month of being listed......don't think I'm the first and pretty sure I'm not going to be the last. With that kind of attitude......ya good luck buddy. You're going to piss off the wrong person for absolutely no reason and now they know where you live. Not a very smart way to do business.

You could have ended up in the basement like in pulp fiction.

So was what you wanted to buy sitting in his yard? Was it something inside the home? Yet you were afraid to go to his door? :confused:
If he would've said "Yep, that's the house just come and grab it" it would've been done and over with. Instead his response was "YoU kNoW hOw ThIs WoRks RiGhT?" If your ego is that big ya f*&k you too (not directing this at you per-se just to be clear).

I go to my local PD to do CL transactions where it makes less sketchy and there's cams present. I make that very clear in my ads, meet at my PD and conduct business as such. So far it's been great experiences dealing with people by meeting at the police department. Granted some things can be impractical to bring along to certain venues, so home visits may be necessary. Just tread carefully and trust your gut.

Link?

Does seem odd. I try to meet folks away from my house or the very least outside. Don't really like strangers in my house…

Back in the days of Nickle Ads I placed an ad to sell my used camper for $6,000 cash firm. Meeting place I specified was lobby of my bank. We could sit in comfy chairs in a public place to do paperwork and I would deposit cash immediately. That way nobody had an incentive to try to follow me home and/or use address on paperwork to mug/rob me to get back their 6 grand.

I go to my local PD to do CL transactions where it makes less sketchy and there's cams present. I make that very clear in my ads, meet at my PD and conduct business as such. So far it's been great experiences dealing with people by meeting at the police department. Granted some things can be impractical to bring along to certain venues, so home visits may be necessary. Just tread carefully and trust your gut.
If it's a high ticket item I always ask to meet at the local PD station since it's literally 2 miles from where I live. There has been a few times where I made this request and all communication stopped. If it's just a few $$ here and there I just carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top