JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Toxic cesspool of noxious fanboydom. I knew all I needed to know when a now-deceased asshat uncle started trying to talk them up--most of the real brains have moved to M4Carbine.net .

The one time I poked in there... I'd rather huff one of my own Fartjars than go back. And that was just Read-Only, not even posting...

You mean the "Buy a Colt, BCM, Scionics, or KAC or it's just a toy that will get you killed" site?

Sir, I can't do anything about your opinion of Portland, nor adjust your obviously scathing remark about it. All I know is that mrs tac and I have been coming over to Portland for many years, and feel we know it know it well, warts and all, and more to the point, have made our own minds up about it.

We would rather have a rainy day in Portland than a hundred days of sunshine in London.

Please leave us alone with our illusion of a great city.

tac

I'm sorry Tac. Not sure if I'm sorry for offending you, or that 'cross the pond cities must be really, REALLY horrible to live and drive in. Like etrain was saying, PDX was wonderful when I came here in '83 from a burb of Salt Lake City, Utah. Portland is NOT better now, just much more expensive and much more difficult to get around in. And all the people here being forced to live, more and more, on top of each other turning a blind eye to the ugly part! Maybe that's the way cities are supposed to go? :s0092:

Hope you enjoy your trip this year! :s0090:

Hi, Mike, thanks for the note. I guess that we just come over as the kind of folks living and looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses, but Portland is everything that we want in a city. It has a great public library, an amazing book-store that we could easily move into, waterfront parks, lots of attractive bits, too, like the dozens of tree-lined squares and some truly wondrous buildings. We find getting around to be a piece of cake, with access cheap and cheerful from one side of the river to the other.

London, TBH, is place to stay away from in droves. We can't even take our car there - diesels are banned in certain zones, and zoned entry payments have to be either prebooked or negotiated at road-side stop-meters. Prices are just UNBELIEVABLE, unless you are a rich American tourist - and we ain't either. Getting around with a wheelchair-user is a real nightmare- the place is so freakin' BIG!! Just getting from Kings Cross train station to somewhere like Oxford Street can easily hit $30 at certain times of day - for a ten-minute ride... The last time that wife and daughter went to London it cost us over $400 for the day...we are just not made of that kind of money.

Portland, OTOH, is accessible all over, and cheap by comparison.

All our favourite stores that aren't in the Lincoln City outlet, including the Columbia store in Sellwood, are there.

We like it.

tac

Last Edited:
You mean the "Buy a Colt, BCM, Scionics, or KAC or it's just a toy that will get you killed" site?
There are a lot of senior folks that have sticks up their collective arse about that, and at times they can be as obnoxious as ARFCOM is by baseline... but there are some decent sorts there too.

I suspect a lot of the BCM, Sionics, KAC stuff is sucking up to the Mods and site sponsors, though given all the negative experiences I've heard of from Colt lately I don't see why so many are Koolaid Chuggers in the Cult of the Prancing Pony.

I mean, there were a few folks that seemed impressed with my build from over here, even knowing that it was All Off-Brands...

There are a lot of senior folks that have sticks up their collective arse about that, and at times they can be as obnoxious as ARFCOM is by baseline... but there are some decent sorts there too.

I suspect a lot of the BCM, Sionics, KAC stuff is sucking up to the Mods and site sponsors, though given all the negative experiences I've heard of from Colt lately I don't see why so many are Koolaid Chuggers in the Cult of the Prancing Pony.

I mean, there were a few folks that seemed impressed with my build from over here, even knowing that it was All Off-Brands...

I think a lot of them (mods) are selling those brands as well. Definitely some good guys as well, Michael Bell comes to mind, I even wound up subscribing to his YouTube channel. . I have definitely learned a thing or two there as well, you just have to weed through the chaff a bit.

My current avatar is .308 or 30-06 cases in a red MTM/CaseGuard loading block.

Took the photo and thought... damn that looks awesome. So I made it my avatar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top