JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never had an avatar until just a month or so ago, could never find one that I thought appropriate I guess.

My avatar is NOT me, it's my Father and Mother. In '06 trying to think of a Christmas present, for the people that already have everything they need/want, I came up with the idea of a "Gift Certificate". The certificate we made up on the computer was all fancy looking and was for transportation to/from dinner at an expensive restaurant in the Salt Lake Valley. My brother lives there so he was the one to deliver the coupon and over see the actual diner.

Mom and Dad had fallen in love with cruising, on BIG ships, and sometimes went twice a year. They really loved the fancy dress-up thing. They were both depression era kids and were way frugal, so the trips were their retirement joy. As Dad was in the upper 80s they hadn't been on a cruise for close to ten years. I figured this would give 'em a chance to dress up again.

They didn't know that "Transportation" was going to be a stretch limo! In the photo, I'm guessing as dad didn't have to drive he may of splurged that night and had two scotches rather than the usual one, and was feeling good, so he was taking advantage of the blacked out windows in the limo. Not a mean bone in that mans body. He was loved by all who met him, was a master of repairs, building, fabrication and engineering. Almost for got, Master Joker! He would wear two Halloween masks, for the effect when he took the first one off.

In 2010 Dad passed away late on Christmas Eve at 90 and 6 months of age. He and Mom, through hard work, built the American dream for the two of them. Mom's still with us and and doing pretty good for 90, still living in the house that Dad built a large portion of with his own hands.

Last Edited:
I've never had an avatar until just a month or so ago, could never find one that I thought appropriate I guess.

My avatar is NOT me, it's my Father and Mother. In '06 trying to think of a Christmas present, for the people that already have everything they need/want, I came up with the idea of a "Gift Certificate". The certificate we made up on the computer was all fancy looking and was for transportation to/from dinner at an expensive restaurant in the Salt Lake Valley. My brother lives there so he was the one to deliver the coupon and over see the actual diner.

Mom and Dad had fallen in love with cruising, on BIG ships, and sometimes went twice a year. They really loved the fancy dress-up thing. They were both depression era kids and were way frugal, so the trips were their retirement joy. As Dad was in the upper 80s they hadn't been on a cruise for close to ten years. I figured this would give 'em a chance to dress up again.

They didn't know that "Transportation" was going to be a stretch limo! In the photo, I'm guessing as dad didn't have to drive he may of splurged that night and had two scotches rather than the usual one, and was feeling good, so he was taking advantage of the blacked out windows in the limo. Not a mean bone in that mans body. He was loved by all who met him, was a master of repairs, building, fabrication and engineering.

In 2010 Dad passed away late on Christmas Eve at 90 and 6 months of age. He and Mom, through hard work, built the American dream for the two of them. Mom's still with us and and doing pretty good for 90, still living in the house that Dad built a large portion of with his own hands.

Great story, thanks for sharing that.

So, I met someone from NWFA and he asked me what was up with Ricin
Really?! That thought never occurred to me.

It is: Ric In OR
as in my first name and location.

You probably know the story behind the Keep Calm and Carry On message from WW2 archives.
I just stumbled on this modification and liked it.

https://goo.gl/PfpvBt

My avatar is a statement. I've got a life.:)

It also means that when I didn't have a life, and tried to post an avatar, this website had difficulty in making it all work. Never tried since.:p

WAYNO.

Most of mine are my passions, whether it be fishing as is currently posted or

preparing gardening pots..... bluehelmet[1].jpg

or just plain Odd stuff.... 20150621_210407.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice. Please tell us of some more particulars of this adventure, were you to be so kind.
If I remember right, it was in the Ventana Wilderness area. We hiked in and did not get a thing. I was actually glad cause I really did not want to pack any more out. We usually hunted boar on Hunter Ligget land or up around Gonzolas , They tasted better, but any time with my best friend out hunting was a good day.

If I remember right, it was in the Ventana Wilderness area. We hiked in and did not get a thing. I was actually glad cause I really did not want to pack any more out. We usually hunted boar on Hunter Ligget land or up around Gonzolas , They tasted better, but any time with my best friend out hunting was a good day.
Awesome. Thank you. I like stories.
I thought as much even by that tiny pic.. I used to pop pigs in Paso Robles. nums

Because what's cooler than a .44Mag ranch hand in a leather holster in front of an American flag?

Edit:
And I laugh because my son and I just finished watching "Wanted: dead or alive" on TV. Now we are watching "The Rifleman". Blew my wife's mind that her husband and 10yo are watching these black and white shows.

Last Edited:
Lego tow truck... Because I drive a real one. While it doesn't define who I am - it is what I do with the majority of my waking time every week.

My kid - to my chargrin - wanted to get the lego tow truck when he saw it (I have hopes for him to do something else in his adulthood - something that requires shorter hours, garners more pay and benes, and is a bit less hazardous to one's health. But he wants to do or be part of everything I do, so...)

So I relented and we have a couple of the things now. So we play legos together and he wanted me to take pictures of some of the things we built. I figured it would make a better avatar than what I had before, which I can't even remember what it was.

I may change it. Or not.

This avatar and the name is from the Clash's movie "Rude Boy".

Years ago, a friend and co-workers (who was a huge fan of The Clash and the movie) started calling me "Slob Ray" with a hokie British accent, because my name is Ray and the main character/actors name was Ray. It all comes from a scene near the end of the movie where the band was sitting around talking and one of them says "you remember old slob Ray?" (probably not an exact quote, but close enough).

So when I was trying to think up an on line name, this seemed like a perfect fit.

Ray

PS- My wife hates the name.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews