JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a completely kick-arse Devon receiver for $50 on CL. When I pulled up the seller was in his garage with luxury cars in the driveway. It was in his garage and he simply wanted it gone. I used it for my Raspberry Pi Musicbox w/ Spotify and it's amazing.

Scratching my head and wondering what the fuss is about. I've sold a ton of tools and household items, especially after my father in law passed away. I could certainly meet someone at the garage door, but think it's just plain strange for someone to be paranoid about knocking on someone's front door. If someone drove all that way and was scared to get out of the car to inspect a table saw, router, or some other tool, I really wouldn't want to deal with them. Did you expect the guy to bring the item out to you so you could inspect it in your car? Just sounds odd to me.
If he would've said "Yep, that's the house just come and grab it" it would've been done and over with. Instead his response was "YoU kNoW hOw ThIs WoRks RiGhT?" If your ego is that big ya f*&k you too (not directing this at you per-se just to be clear).
Like I said, I've done hundreds of these deals and never once had anyone respond in this manner. I've also been inside homes and property to buy stuff so this isn't new and the person selling wasn't an entitled asshat.

I got a completely kick-arse Devon receiver for $50 on CL. When I pulled up the seller was in his garage with luxury cars in the driveway. It was in his garage and he simply wanted it gone. I used it for my Raspberry Pi Musicbox w/ Spotify and it's amazing.
Devon or Denon? I have never heard of a Devon receiver. Denon used to make kick ars amplifiers.

Haha, not 942 but a new user. Nothing in the website specifies thatVenmo uses phone numbers for confirmation during transaction. It asks for user name/ email OR phone. My buyer says it will ask for last 4 of phone number. Why isn't any of this explicit with Venmo! All the verbiage is about how to pay others with zero info on how to get paid safely

You 942 prefix holder you.

Could you smell crank cooking?
I did score pretty hard on CL once. I was going over the C&R forum on Calguns when a thread popped up "Nam bring back SKS on CL get it before it's pulled." I called the fella before they pulled the ad. Guy was selling it for the vet's widow. Hooked up at the trailer park, met the widow, she just wanted it gone and only said "He brought it back from over there.". Got it for dirt, hunnerd bucks. I didn't ask about any paperwork and the near empty 1/2gallon jug of Vodka prompted my hasty retreat. PAX
Right serial range, matching numbers (stock too) except bolt carrier which is common for a bring back.
Nam-SKS-005.jpg
I scored a bunch of primers from CL once. We had to drive to Rickreall to get them but it was worth the drive.

Here's my reply to bubblegumhead;

I wasn't set up for your style of transaction and then got there (had to set up venmo), where are you? You're a flake fleece and you're getting reported for wasting my time. You're wasting this websites time. You're wasting other members time with concerns about your transaction and how to conduct business safely and properly here. You are a time wasting piece of (*), good bye

Here's my reply to bubblegumhead;

I wasn't set up for your style of transaction and then got there (had to set up venmo), where are you? You're a flake fleece and you're getting reported for wasting my time. You're wasting this websites time. You're wasting other members time with concerns about your transaction and how to conduct business safely and properly here. You are a time wasting piece of (*), good bye
Auto correct to bubblegum had is adorable!

Auto correct to bubblegum had is adorable!
I was going to check to see if the site was smart enough to know if the bad string was part of a legitimate word and not correct it. I was going to use a dog breed name as a test, but then I found out it was not spelled they way I always thought it was anyway. Now my mind had been so blown away by that I am off on a tangent exploring the etymology on that, and my self inflicted ADD is just polite enough to make me want to finish the reply I already had open.

Y'all can ignore all this, I just wanted to share my crazy.

I was going to check to see if the site was smart enough to know if the bad string was part of a legitimate word and not correct it. I was going to use a dog breed name as a test, but then I found out it was not spelled they way I always thought it was anyway. Now my mind had been so blown away by that I am off on a tangent exploring the etymology on that, and my self inflicted ADD is just polite enough to make me want to finish the reply I already had open.

Y'all can ignore all this, I just wanted to share my crazy.
No schit, scherlocke

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top