JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look into donating your body to OHSU for science and anatomy training. It's free; they even come pick up your body if you're within a certain distance from OHSU. They have certain eligibility criteria, but it's what I'm gonna do if I qualify. They keep the body for a year or two, use it for training, then cremate it and send the remains to whoever you want.

Yuck ! :s0170:
I'd rather be, "Toasted" than turned into, "SOUP" and poured down the drain. :s0099:
Air pollution, water pollution, "space" and ground pollution.. what to do with all the dead bodies??? I wonder how they deal with corpses in India (they arent all deposited in the Ganges).. or in red China.. I am uncomfortable in varying degrees with all three "solutions". Deposition of corpses in "abandoned" mine-shafts could be a problem for ground-water pollution, and having some small experience in hard-rock mining I know that as technology advances old mines are sometimes re-opened and remaining low-grade ores are mined, so turning old mines into necropolae may not be a solution in some cases...
Food for thought but not really relevant to a firearms board(?)... hmmmm

Governor Hobbs Legalizes Human Composting As Eco-Friendly Alternative to Burial and Cremation in the State of Arizona
The 'Grandpa in the Garden Bill,' also known as House Bill 2081, has been signed into law by Hobbs. Individuals now have more options for the disposal of their deceased loved ones.

The passing of this legislation will allow individuals to convert their deceased family members into nutrient-rich soil through a method known as human composting. The natural organic reduction process, involves breaking down human remains into compost or soil to use in personal gardens or backyards, rather than being buried or cremated.

Governor Hobbs Legalizes Human Composting As Eco-Friendly Alternative to Burial and Cremation in the State of Arizona
The 'Grandpa in the Garden Bill,' also known as House Bill 2081, has been signed into law by Hobbs. Individuals now have more options for the disposal of their deceased loved ones.

The passing of this legislation will allow individuals to convert their deceased family members into nutrient-rich soil through a method known as human composting. The natural organic reduction process, involves breaking down human remains into compost or soil to use in personal gardens or backyards, rather than being buried or cremated.
There is at least one place up my way that has been doing this for a while. You can get the "remains" to take home in bags to garden with or they will dump them in the forest for you.

The amazing thing is you exist for ever.
Our little pea brains limit our reality, its actually quite funny how we do.
We have a limited life span so we assume we cease to exist.

I am not talking religion. I have to figure I have existed for Eons.
Everything that I came from eventually resulted in the man typing here.
But I did not have a body from thin air, nor a mind from no where.
A tree in a Forest, never dies. As itis part of its past for Eons and will be here Eons more.

The reality is, I am not who I appear to everyone that sees me.
I have existed for a very long time. And so have you.
Going back to that Tree, it came from Eons of matter evolving.
Then it became a thing that could reproduce itself.
A tree in the forest as a Sapling, comes from the very first trees there ever was.
And that tree lives today.
Do you know why you seek your past and ancestry ? Because you want to know where you came from.
People get DNA tests and are oblivious when the result come back what that truly means.
Your ancestors are still alive in you. And even if you never had children that part that made you still exist
even if you never were.

Your Mom and Dad. Whether alive or dead, people say they are still alive in their memory.
Actually they are alive 100% still living in you your cells and your DNA is theirs just passed along.
And this is because our arrogance and ignorance is that to think we are special, and unique. And I make the world different.
No you don't, you make it exactly what it was to be.
And in your body and mind is the same person from long ago.
Live is a miracle and it truly never has to stop.
No not even if the world ends. Were we came from, would just be the future us, evolving once more.
I am 100% at peace if I were to die today. As I know I don't.
As who I am has long existed until now.

You ever notice maybe that Mole that everyone before you had.
Or that certain twitch, or motion you do others did?
Well that is them. So what you passed along will also be that future.
But the individual is not needed for the roots of your life to exist.
They just will. And that the laws of Nature and Physics are proof. Not just some ramblings in a post.

i like the idea of natural burial. i don't want to be in an expensive casket in a vault sealed off from nature, i would rather rot away in nature, where i have always been most at home. let me return to the earth. i guess i will be cremated and have my ashes scattered in a favorite hunting spot. my nephew in Idaho knows exactly where i want to be. in the hills where he and i both hunted for many years.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top