JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As always, great feedback everyone. Much good data with this thread. It is sounding to me like owning a 1911 in 9mm comes down to the infernal old question of "why?". I reload all my 45acp and have done it long enough to have the cost per round at a quite affordable level for me. Both the wife and I regularly shoot our 45s and enjoy the heck out of it. The 9s not always so much. Considerations continuing.

I have a Springfield 1911 originally handbuilt, certificate signed by Les Baer himself when he worked for them way way back before 9mm 1911's were even a thing. It's as smooth as glass. It's so much nicer to shoot for my wife than his other 45's. The weight of the full size gun in 9mm just takes all the fight out controlling it for smaller people. Once you start shooting them you'll find yourself grabbing it over the 45 just out how soft it is.

I have a DW Valkyrie. Love it. For a range toy, its awesome. Took a few rnds to break her in, but now shes good to go.

I had a SA EMP4 that I sold to my son. Its another alloy framed 1911 9mm that is great to shoot. ! 10 rnd capacity is nice.

I messed-up.
I had a family emergency a couple of weeks ago and took 3 unscheduled days of PTO.
But, since I rarely take time off, I forgot that I'm supposed to enter my own payout information into the system.
This was a VERY lean payday... and it's my fault for trying to be a hero and get home ASAP without crossing all the Ts first.
If anyone is interested in a Para 9 Expert, PM me. I'm not motivated enough to post a FS ad... yet. We'll see if I can stretch things out for two wks... 20200514_071509.jpg
I'm in SE PDX.

What you're missing is as close to a recoilless pistol as I've shot, .22s excluded. 10rd mags mean you get 5 mags to a box, so no weird partial loads of you just want to shoot a single box. I paid about $400 for my RIA model. It's a fun range toy

I am a lot older than I am a lot younger at this point and my 25 year old got a 9mm Glock. But I am a 1911 guy, too much long term muscle memory to start shooting something else. Shooting my RIA 9MM has been a dream. The lack of recoil in a nice heavy frame makes it very pleasant to shoot. I guess it all boils down to what you want or what you need.

The wife and I both own Kimber Micro9's. Not a true 1911, but the are great shooters for a PDW. I had to adjust the extractor on hers, but no big deal.
I think that now a days, most 9mm 1911's has been perfected. I personally prefer the Aluminum frames with the light recoil of the 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top