JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been considering adding this 10mm... It would take a bit time and $$$ for me to get it to match the rifle.
PX9121L-L.jpg

I have this weird disorder that causes me to want to pair pistols with rifles...
…probably less weird than the disorder that causes people to post firearms pics with their toes in the frame.:confused:

I've been considering adding this 10mm... It would take a bit time and $$$ for me to get it to match the rifle.
View attachment 1828613

I have this weird disorder that causes me to want to pair pistols with rifles...
…probably less weird than the disorder that causes people to post firearms pics with their toes in the frame.:confused:
You have a 10mm rifle? I didn't even know they existed.

Rock Island Double Stacks, mil spec and quality, 16+1 capacity, easy to get and it's a mil spec 1911, so upgrades are pretty simple! Don't turn your nose up at the Rock Islands, they are just as good as American made stuff like S&W, Ruger, Remington, and such, not to far off of Colt or Kimber! They use the Para Ordinance frame and parts, have a double recoil spring system and are bomb proof reliable, and super accurate, and can handle Max power loads with ease!

View attachment 1828497
Any experience with this guy? It checks all the boxes and isn't so pretty that I'd be afraid to get a little wear-and-tear.

Any experience with this guy? It checks all the boxes and isn't so pretty that I'd be afraid to get a little wear-and-tear.
No first hand experience with those, but plenty with other long slides, they are stupid accurate, and super fun to shoot, knowing Rock Island, that should be a no brainier, and every bit as good as the "Standards"

Magnum research, made by BUL about $900. Bull barrel, front slide serrations, front strap checkering. Mine has a 3lb trigger factory

Interesting on the Magnum Research. All of the wheelguns I've owned / shot from them have been magnificently made. (Auto Ordnance, which is part of the same family of companies, was garbage though.)

Magnum research, made by BUL about $900. Bull barrel, front slide serrations, front strap checkering. Mine has a 3lb trigger factory
Ah it's funny you mention them because I was JUST looking at Desert Eagles and wondering when someone else was going to come out with a .50AE to compete with it. Perhaps never!

I have a Kimber stainless target that I have had for years and it is extremely accurate. It is more accurate than the DW Razorback that I sold. Everyone who has shot it tries to buy it !

Hands down, Dan Wesson on the used market. Set up a search and notification preferences on GB. I have been watching 10mm Longslides for the past year on and off debating building a caspian from scratch or buying. The bull barrel install would be a new skill to learn and lately free time is short.

With a budget of $1,500 give or take, what are some of the better options in 2024 for a 10mm 1911?
Not particularly concerned with capacity like I am with a 9mm although a case could be made for higher cap.
I need a "take it into the woods" gun.
I want something that's of very good quality but not of the highest level ie. Nighthawk, Wilson, etc. where I'm going to feel it in my wallet and be afraid to get a scratch on it.

Been looking at:
Kimber
Dan Wesson
Springfield

Anything else in 10mm I should consider? Any I should avoid?
What's the story on these I wonder? Sure look nice.

57F702A4-FEC0-45F5-BADD-FD3788459F6A.png

I really wish I could afford it back before it was discontinued. But I am highly partial to the 6-inch TRP RMR.

Maybe someday. The New FDE TRP has really caught my eye of late. Might need to sell off operator to upgrade. But I do prefer the GI style guide rod and bushing.

FYI 10mm 15 round eaa won't miss, I mean witness, $825

Not exactly 'high quality' but just $499
And high cap

I know NOTHING about this subject.

But a buddy just recently bought a Dan Wesson "two-tone" 10MM (don't ask me what model) and I sure wish he'd stop talking about it. :cool:

Call that a recommendation if you like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads